Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (to the car)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 417 Guests

Just back (to the car)

This thread currently has 3,663 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
August 30, 2014, 9:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from mariner91
Agree with the original poster. Had LJL stayed on we'd have won, simple as that because they were dogshite and didn't look like getting near the goal let alone scoring with 11 v 11. The ref though, oh my goodness, I have never seen such an inept, inconsistent and frankly bias display as that. A Sunday league ref would be ashamed of that performance.

Think it showed we need another attacker today as there wasn't all that much we could change going forward. Was disappointed with Mackreth when he came on.

The standard of refereeing in this sh1t league is junk so we have to put up with it and hope it evens out over the season.  
As for Mackreth I cant talk about today but what I've seen of him he seems very weak and easily pushed off the ball, very predictable because he just runs in straight lines with his head down and isnt very good at crossing the ball apart from that hes ace  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
Mariner Ronnie
August 30, 2014, 9:59pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
One of the worst away journeys ever, M25 traffic a farcical.

Pleased with the performance and efforts with the team today, should have easily been 2-0 up in the first half but didn't take our chances well, after that it seemed to be the referee show, very weak and inconsistant.

Looks like Hannah in for John Lewis against welling?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
BIGChris
August 30, 2014, 10:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Maringer
In his interview, Hurst seems to think that LJL's second yellow wasn't even a foul. Just a shoulder charge which the referee wrongly penalised. It will be interesting to see highlights if possible to see how accurate an assessment this is (hopefully Aldershot will stick some up on YouTube!).

I didnt think the incident which earnt LJL his first yellow was a foul and neither did anyone else in the press area. Lots of comments about Lenny getting this first yellow for 'gobbing off'. That isnt true, the referee said afterwards it was persistent infringements.

The 2nd incident was just in front of me and immediately in front of the Aldershot dug out. LJL and the shots player were running side my side and Lennys strength looked like he eased the shots player out the way. Foul? If so very harsh but never ever a yellow card. I have read some make out that LJL made a rash challenge. He didnt really challenge at all.

Not mentioned elsewhere but Man of the match for me was Craig Clay.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
HackneyHaddock
August 30, 2014, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Honourable mention to Carl Magnay for his "we're going up" positivity at the final whistle and coming towards the fans.  John Still said his Luton promotion team were made of strong, positive characters and I think that people like Magnay and Brown certainly ooze that type of grit.  Stick together guys, you'll be up there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 30, 2014, 10:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quite please with Town today. Positives were Brown, again, the way we kept our shape after Shop was sent off, and Neilson's goal of course. A few idiots calling for us to get into em which is the last thing you need in those circumstances - Aldershot looked to be posing no threat and they scored when we allowed ourselves to get pulled out of shape. Second was due to a mistake by Pearson.

Negatives - indiscipline (as mentioned above) and lack of width on the right in the first half. I guess that was due to having a CB at RB, but we would have battered them if we'd used the space on Aldershot's left. Neilson had a tendency to hold onto the ball and take too many players on.

But there's no accounting for officials as biased as that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2014, 1:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Anyone who doubts what LJL brings to the side had a perfect example today . Without him , daft pair of yellows , we are in big trouble  . I
Pitman looks like he's got sore legs , macreth doesn't look he knows what do for most the time . A like for like with colbeck so far what I've seen of him

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
GYinScuntland
August 31, 2014, 2:17am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
10 men, 2 goals down but they seemed to have the attitude of "lets flipping have it". Pulled one back and could have nicked something.
That will do for me, GTFC giving a damn. It eases the pain a lot.
For me a great day out. Early train, top drinking town and quality time with mates from the area. Aldershot might be a bit of a tip but it is a proper good old fashioned footy ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
NorthseaMariner
August 31, 2014, 3:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
To play for 60 minutes with ten men, only lose 2-1 and all the home support, from what I've read, saying the've beaten a very good team, says to me we are a good team and will rise up this league. But we've got to sort out this indiscipline. Getting silly yellows will cost us. The players have got to channel this passion in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
oldludensian
August 31, 2014, 7:42am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
"Do have to sing the praises of Scott Brown once more though, works so hard and uses the ball so well.  I am surprised he didn't get a yellow today as he is very aggressive but unlike others in the right areas."

Definitely echo that. He was quality especially when we were down to 10.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
Welwynmariner
August 31, 2014, 8:53am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GYinScuntland
10 men, 2 goals down but they seemed to have the attitude of "lets flipping have it". Pulled one back and could have nicked something.
That will do for me, GTFC giving a damn. It eases the pain a lot.
For me a great day out. Early train, top drinking town and quality time with mates from the area. Aldershot might be a bit of a tip but it is a proper good old fashioned footy ground.

Evidently the pitch is the old Stamford Bridge playing surface and was recently transfered or whatever you do to pitches. It looked  immaculate.

Aldershot is unbelievably run down. Even the M&S in the town centre was an M&S Outlet. Makes Freeman St look prosperous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (to the car)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.