This thread currently has 5,031 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 3, 2014, 11:22pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Comedy moment of the first half was when a Gresley player went down injured and the referee beckoned to the Gresley bench for the trainer to come on.

Their manager replied "We ain't flipping got one" before running on the pitch with a water bottle. Pure Sunday League stuff.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
KingstonMariner
September 4, 2014, 12:58am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Excellent. Chuffed at that result.

Be daft if they develop (and move back to) Lovelane Corner. Can hardly justify the expense. Better option surely is to ground share with GTFC if they want to move from Bradley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Rodley Mariner
September 4, 2014, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Sounds almost as action-packed as the England game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Tangerine Chris
September 4, 2014, 10:09am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
I messaged Cleethorpes Town this morning, asking them to look into the possibility of allowing GTFC season ticket fans into their games for concession prices (£2).  They think it is a great idea, and will look into the possibility of it happening.  The reason they are looking into new premises, is that it is very expensive for the club to rent Bradley Park, and the club get no money back from the bar and food sales.

Watch this space for future announcements

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 4, 2014, 10:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from DocTower
Whats the point of building exactly the same facilities for 193 faithful at Lovelane corner for cleethorpes town . The site is in Grimsby , if they must whats wrong with King George Stadium ?
Not being facetious , just seems no common sense .

It does seem stupid to have another ground built next door to an existing stadium that has all weather pitches attached. Presumably as Dave Mann says the issue is the income from bar takings etc. and they will get a cut from the social club. It could make a decent place I suppose though there would have to be some finance for the investment.

The other thing is of course - what happens to Bradley? Borough may carry on there but is there anyone else who could afford to join them and what happens if Borough declines down the leagues as Cleethorpes grows and draws the local talent?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
Les Brechin
September 4, 2014, 11:01am

I don't know if they have any funding in place but there would need to be some serious development at Linden if Clee have real ambitions of climbing up the football pyramid.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
Les Brechin
September 4, 2014, 11:05am

It does seem stupid to have another ground built next door to an existing stadium that has all weather pitches attached. Presumably as Dave Mann says the issue is the income from bar takings etc. and they will get a cut from the social club. It could make a decent place I suppose though there would have to be some finance for the investment.

The other thing is of course - what happens to Bradley? Borough may carry on there but is there anyone else who could afford to join them and what happens if Borough declines down the leagues as Cleethorpes grows and draws the local talent?

I think Borough's decline has already started. I know they are struggling for players and are already rock-bottom of the league with 3 very heavy defeats in their first 4 games.

They're going to need serious improvement pretty quickly if they're not going to become their leagues whipping boys this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 4, 2014, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin
I don't know if they have any funding in place but there would need to be some serious development at Linden if Clee have real ambitions of climbing up the football pyramid.

There would be other issues too I think. They would need permission to actually build at Linden wouldn't they? From memory there is a preservation area round there. I'm very much pro Clee Town but there would need to be some serious long term thinking about this idea. Surely some sort of deal could be reached over King George's with its built-in facilities. It might prove to be in the council's interests too.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
KingstonMariner
September 4, 2014, 4:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

There would be other issues too I think. They would need permission to actually build at Linden wouldn't they? From memory there is a preservation area round there. I'm very much pro Clee Town but there would need to be some serious long term thinking about this idea. Surely some sort of deal could be reached over King George's with its built-in facilities. It might prove to be in the council's interests too.

Absolutely. How shocking that they would consider building a football ground so close to the burial mound! I bet Councillor de Freitas is already mobilising a petition for the next Bronze Age funeral.  

Seriously  if CTFC were to move that's going to hit the revenue for the Bradley stadium anyway - surely the landlord (the council?) would rather re-negotiate the lease/bar takings deal, or maybe as they hold the whip hand on new developments they know it ain't gonna happen.  A tie up with GTFC has got to make sense hasn't it? No capital outlay for Clee, no planning issues, facilities that would exceed Clee's requirements all the way up the NL Pyramid. Collaboration on other facilities, coaching, physio....A deal could surely be struck that suits both clubs. Win-win.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Les Brechin
September 4, 2014, 4:41pm

Quoted from KingstonMariner

Absolutely. How shocking that they would consider building a football ground so close to the burial mound! I bet Councillor de Freitas is already mobilising a petition for the next Bronze Age funeral.  

Seriously  if CTFC were to move that's going to hit the revenue for the Bradley stadium anyway - surely the landlord (the council?) would rather re-negotiate the lease/bar takings deal, or maybe as they hold the whip hand on new developments they know it ain't gonna happen.  A tie up with GTFC has got to make sense hasn't it? No capital outlay for Clee, no planning issues, facilities that would exceed Clee's requirements all the way up the NL Pyramid. Collaboration on other facilities, coaching, physio....A deal could surely be struck that suits both clubs. Win-win.

I heard that the Bradley FDC made a financial loss last season and that they are planning to franchise out the 2 separate bar areas.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.