3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Youngy
August 30, 2014, 8:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Because we offered him a deal and he's signed for a domestic team, are we not due compensation because of his age and him being a product of our youth development?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
MeanwoodMariner
August 30, 2014, 9:01am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I'm surprised in the sense that it seemed he had something better lined up. But in terms of ability I think that's about his level. He is quite good at passing - that's about it. Very rarely influenced a game that I can remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Rick12
August 30, 2014, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 75
He can go on to have a good career but he needs to drastically improve on the more abrasive side of the game. I wonder if Alfreton is the club for him, I think not but I suppose location and desperation rule here.
Think he is better than part time and like you think he is unfulfilled. If he applied himself more I think could be decent player

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Tommy
August 30, 2014, 9:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I'm surprised in the sense that it seemed he had something better lined up. But in terms of ability I think that's about his level. He is quite good at passing - that's about it. Very rarely influenced a game that I can remember.

Agree with all of this.

But not surprised he's ended up at a club lower than ourselves.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
August 30, 2014, 10:03am
Guest User
Quoted from Youngy
Because we offered him a deal and he's signed for a domestic team, are we not due compensation because of his age and him being a product of our youth development?

Quite possibly as long as we offered him terms at least equal to his last deal I think. However, I work in Alfreton and know a few of their fans, apparently the momey man at Alfreton FC has pulled out so I doubt they'd be able to cough up!
Reply: 14 - 27
Southwark Mariner
August 30, 2014, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
what about the bosman ruling. I thought the reason he'd have to find a club in Europe was because we'd want compensation if he went elsewhere in England after offering him a contract
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
BottesfordMariner
August 30, 2014, 11:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
good luck to him.

He has talent but i just felt he didnt progress enough during his time here.Is a decent honest player and can pass for sure but lacked a bit of physical presence. Ultimately i was never convinced he would be good enough to be a regular starter for Town. His shortcomings outweighed his talent imo.

I thought he was intending to play abroad....presumably nothing happened for him. He was brought up in the Leicester area so Alfreton may be close to family etc. Gives him a chance to kick-start his career.  i wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
grimsby pete
August 30, 2014, 11:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We will be entitled to compensation ,

BUT

It will not be much,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
TAGG
August 30, 2014, 1:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Good luck to the lad always thought there was a talent there. Sometimes you need to make a change to move on upwards again.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Welwynmariner
August 30, 2014, 9:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Presumably there will be a Tribunal assessment?

I thought he wanted to play in Albania or nearby to further his international career. Alfreton probably reminds him of Albania maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thanoj to alfreton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.