August 29, 2014, 6:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from sharot1999x
There's the thing, we haven't.
By the way, like to wish Carl all the best at Grimsby. Am unable to find one Gateshead fan who wasn't surprised by his departure.
Kev

Magnay hasn't put a foot wrong in any game yet. I can't believe our luck that the Heed just let him go!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
A.l.f.
August 30, 2014, 7:36am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Yes welcome Sharot1999x - I went to Gateshead and wondered what your thoughts were on the game?  I thought it was a really entertaining match and the 6-1 score didn't really tell the whole story.  You had 2 great chances in the first half and our keeper made 2 good saves in the 2nd.  I said at half time we needed a 4th as I could still see you scoring 3.  Thankfully for us that came soon after the re-start.
It could easily have finished 10-7.  Did you think we were really good or frustrated by your errors and misses?  Did you feel that Grimsby out worked you?
Interested in hearing what you made of it from a Gateshead perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
sharot1999x
August 30, 2014, 8:29am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +23
Thanks. I agree with your assessment of the match. It seems stupid to say that we weren't that bad when we have been beaten 6-1, but honestly, we have played worse than that and won games. Strangely, no composure in front of goal, and even stranger, too many errors at the back. Thought your last goal highlighted the big difference. There were two players at the back post who could have scored. When we did manage to get crosses in, there was nobody in the middle. Hopefully a one off. In any event, thought Grimsby were excellent and will certainly be up there when the prizes are given out. As for applauding Town off the pitch, that is something we have started doing, and I think it is brilliant when the away side comes off applauding our support as well as both Torquay and yourselves have done. Good luck today.
Kev

The lower down the leagues you go, the better the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
sharot1999x
August 30, 2014, 8:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +23
Gateshead have signed Danny Wright from FGR - big target man who can play a bit - good addition IMO
Kev

The lower down the leagues you go, the better the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Gateshead perspective

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.