8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
highcliff mariner
September 8, 2014, 1:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Chrisblor

Tbf people without tickets only have themselves to blame since they've been on general sale for ages.

To be even fairer, if there are more people wanting tkts than there are tkts available , how can they only have themselves to blame ?
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
GyMariner
September 8, 2014, 2:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from highcliff mariner

To be even fairer, if there are more people wanting tkts than there are tkts available , how can they only have themselves to blame ?

They've been on sale for weeks so anyone that wanted one that badly could have very easily got one, including exiles and non season ticket holders.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
TownSNAFU5
September 8, 2014, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
"GF", "Lincoln don't want Town fans in the home-end especially if we score".  "You mean "when we score?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
highcliff mariner
September 8, 2014, 5:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from GyMariner

They've been on sale for weeks so anyone that wanted one that badly could have very easily got one, including exiles and non season ticket holders.

i agree , but if demand outstrips supply , the customers that miss out are hardly to blame , are they ?

Anyway lookin forward to a good night UTM
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
KK_DOG
September 8, 2014, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I will be in the home end, and I won't be able to help myself when we score. If the Lincoln fans don't like it then, "tough" they will have to get over it. It's a game of football and I won't be causing any trouble. I would rather be in with the town fans but I could only confirm that I could go on Sunday which was not my fault. Looking very much forward to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Belfast Town
September 8, 2014, 8:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from KK_DOG
I will be in the home end, and I won't be able to help myself when we score. If the Lincoln fans don't like it then, "tough" they will have to get over it. It's a game of football and I won't be causing any trouble. I would rather be in with the town fans but I could only confirm that I could go on Sunday which was not my fault. Looking very much forward to it.

Top person. I'd do the same myself, if I could get there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
HackneyHaddock
September 8, 2014, 9:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Last year on Boxing Day, my brother and I paid cash on the gate and went in the Lincolnshire Co-Op Stand; no dramas.  It was a great sight to see all the mayhem unfolding in the away end when we scored, whilst simultaneously listening to the glum gimps berating their team!  Couldn't help jumping up and yelling "Dirty illegitimate" as their red card challenge went in at the end though!

If you haven't got a ticket, my advice would be to go in the Lincoln end , bite your lip and enjoy the match, then cheer us off the pitch at the end as we did.  Watching your team from the "wrong end" is one of those football fan experiences everyone should have at some point.  Just don't go in with their morons; stick to the stand where the rugs, flasks and Werther's Originals go, and you'll be OK.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
September 8, 2014, 9:44pm
Guest User
They will put any town fans who  gets a ticket in the home end in the away end. A few blokes last year sat in the home end and went up to a steward and explained that they supported Grimsby and that 'there had been a misunderstanding' (which there hadn't) and they put them in the Stacey west straight away. There are 150 seats empty so if you turn up on the day and get into the ground its not like they will refuse you entry to the away end. This could have probably been avoided if they had gave us those extra 150 seats but common sense doesn't prevail when it comes to football.
Reply: 77 - 78
easypeersy
September 8, 2014, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I sat in with the home crowd on Boxing Day two years ago with my daughter who was only 12 at the time. It was brilliant. We saw the Mariners fans celebrating  and it was an awesome sight.
Two old hags behind us were moaning all the way through the match and saying what they would do if they found any Town fans in their stand. My daughter and Imhad a right  good chuckle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.