This thread currently has 3,442 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 27, 2014, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Can I just clarify if we don't win Sat is Hurst crap again and should be sacked.  

And will the Fenty bashing start again.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
August 27, 2014, 10:26pm
Guest User
Can I just clarify if we don't win Sat is Hurst crap again and should be sacked.  

You're being far too kind !
Some complain when he's winning 3 successive away games 1-0 on the bounce.
Reply: 21 - 60
August 27, 2014, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

so I am pretty chuffed he didn't do what you were crying out for and stuck to his guns.  

On a similar note, hurst was criticised on here  for publicly backing the shop last week- after which the shop performs. Maybe the shops new found confidence was due to the man management skills and constant backing by hurst rather than the constant excrement he has been receiving by fans- which someone on here suggested was the cause of his improved goal scoring!

Reply: 22 - 60
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2014, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Why did it take so long?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
August 27, 2014, 11:06pm
Guest User
Depends what you mean.
4 games in sounds pretty quick to me.
Reply: 24 - 60
mike_d
August 28, 2014, 12:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +375
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Why did it take so long?

The suspensions and the injuries not allowing his favoured team to be played after evaluating last season's squad and purchasing accordingly over the summer?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
StiggsGTFC
August 28, 2014, 12:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from MuddyWaters
For me, Paul Hurst has made two massive decisions in the last week.

1. He decides to put the club captain on the bench. Now I'm not the only who has suspected that Diz has not been at his best but he did always seem to be a bit bullet proof in the managers eyes.

2. The more important decision. He has set up a team to play the way he wants to play rather than set up to counteract the opposition. I know that Doig said pre-Gateshead that they had a plan for Gateshead but it still seems a much more positive way of playing.

Full credit to whoever formulated the plan - let's hope more teams worry about us rather than the other way round,

More than one poster on here  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
Southernboy
August 28, 2014, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Doesn't matter why and we don't know. I doubt LJL knows why either. Need to keep playing the winning way and nothing else matters (as Metallica would say). As per thread comment above PH might be slated for 3 x 1 nil wins but Id be more than happy with a season full of them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
Rodley Mariner
August 28, 2014, 4:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Do you think PH has never set out to play entertaining and attacking football? It's a hard thing to do, it's something that you have to get right and have the correct personnel for, it's not necessarily a choice.

PH got has given us our best defence for years and has clearly wanted to improve our attacking options, he has made key signings with pace and now they're fit we are seeing more attacking football. You've been endless in your criticism of Hurst's tactics and his selection of the Shop, I think it's pretty amusing that LJL was the pivotal player in our fantastic attacking play over the weekend, so I am pretty chuffed he didn't do what you were crying out for and stuck to his guns.  

All those critical always wanted Toto at Right Back though didn't they? And Craig Clay as the midfield fulcrum. He just did what they all wanted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
August 28, 2014, 6:57pm
Guest User
Evidence ?

I've been through "Team for Gateshead" and can only see a small handful of posters wanting Nsiala at RB.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1408389851/s-0/
I can see 1 (me) who wanted Clay in.

There's no "Team for Alfreton" thread at all !  

Are we simply to assume the merry bunch were all saying "stick with Clay and the same defence who won 6-1 at Gateshead" ?

Or was it simply "keep the same team for Alfreton" ?
Wow amazing !
Thank god Hurst have you critical "told you so's" (though it seems no-one did !) to rely on.  
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest positives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.