Getyourfactsright
July 31, 2014, 11:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Hi it's only me again!!

Public support is essential. See the link.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....17-detail/story.html

Articles like this need sensible and appropriate responses. I would suggest the points in the only comments left on the article are a good start.

Bury as an example have a stand named the cemetery end. Yes that is because they are adjacent to a cemetery along with many other stadia. As is Stamford bridge to name another Watford FC and a long list of other clubs.  

Politicians listen to those that have the biggest voice and they follow comment on the tell wags website. Please keep it sensible and do comment.

Don't forget to ask aunties uncles and all the family and friends to sign the petition for support.

It's no joke we need to crank up support for relocation. 5000 signatures is hopeless.

Ideas welcome to the Club and MT

UTM and here's to the future.
Private Message
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 11:25am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Go on google maps, type (name of city/town) cemetery, then do the same for the football stadiums.

All within close proximity of cemeteries.  Feel free to add to the list.

1. Aberdeen
2. Bury
3. Charlton
4. Chelsea
5. Exeter City
6. Leeds Utd
7. Manchester City
8. Tottenham

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 123
mariner91
July 31, 2014, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Not commented on any of your posts before but this is precisely the sort of thing that the fishy is a good platform for. A decent place for the club and fans to communicate directly and hopefully all pull in the same direction because underneath any disagreements, ultimately we all want what's best for the club. UTM!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 123
Getyourfactsright
July 31, 2014, 11:27am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
All within close proximity of cemeteries.  Feel free to add to the list.

1. Aberdeen
2. Bury
3. Charlton
4. Chelsea
5. Exeter City
6. Leeds Utd
7. Manchester City
8. Tottenham

Can you please its a bit suspicious if I make all the running the more responses helps our cause..

Best UTM

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 11:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Can we get petitions started at away games? Or are they not needed as yet?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 123
pontoonlew
July 31, 2014, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Disgraceful to use a family death as a attempt to get as many people as possible against this. We have had years of people using excuses to back up what is clearly a vendetta against the football club.  I love as well how the Telegraph are reporting this, but i'm yet to see any report of the scumbags who hang round the funerals with a petition.

Absoloutely typical of the telegraph.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 123
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 11:30am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Can you please its a bit suspicious if I make all the running the more responses helps our cause..

Best UTM

I think Dundee are building a cemetary near the stadiums, and a few clubs in Europe are building cemeteries next door to the grounds so fans have an option of being close to the ground.

I'll have to look more into it, it's been a while.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
July 31, 2014, 11:39am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
It's a shameful and cynical ploy to use a child's death like that. All I would say is that it's so transparent I can see article's like this helping the club as people realise there aren't any genuine reasons to not have the ground there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 123
July 31, 2014, 11:43am
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Disgraceful to use a family death as a attempt to get as many people as possible against this. We have had years of people using excuses to back up what is clearly a vendetta against the football club.  I love as well how the Telegraph are reporting this, but i'm yet to see any report of the scumbags who hang round the funerals with a petition.

Absoloutely typical of the telegraph.

Never thought I would write this after one of your posts. I agree 100 percent!!!

Reply: 8 - 123
Getyourfactsright
July 31, 2014, 12:21pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Can we get petitions started at away games? Or are they not needed as yet?

APSOLUTLY THEY ARE:

IF YOU NEED FORMS WE HAVE THEM AT THE CLUB AND I THINK MT HAS SOME ALSO. ANYONE CAN SIGN UP.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 123
Dan
July 31, 2014, 12:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Plus this solves the problem of having to travel to blundell park to have my ashes scattered. Win win!

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 123
biggles9999
July 31, 2014, 12:24pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
It's a shameful and cynical ploy to use a child's death like that. All I would say is that it's so transparent I can see article's like this helping the club as people realise there aren't any genuine reasons to not have the ground there.

It's even more 'strange' when the picture of the son includes a Grimsby Town flag.

Maybe they are just misunderstanding the situation and placement of the stadium? It could be a good opportunity to speak to them in person, allay their fears and then ask them to do an piece with the Telewag after - providing their view point changes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I still don't get the telegraph as it seems they are (in my opinion) nailing their colours to the allotment squad. Nothing, that I would see as a positive (for the stadium), has been spoken about for a long time. If at all. It seemed to demonise the fact that Austin Mitchell was agreeing that the plans were good.

They are quick enough to pick up on transfer talk (allegedly) on here, so why not about the gathering of signatures AT a funeral??

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 123
July 31, 2014, 12:32pm
Guest User
So much for the telegraph supporting town this is a non story that shouldn't of even made print, all they do is stir up a reaction in protest against the development,and as for the muppets pictured yes they are a disgrace by useing their sons name in vain, wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't been instigated by that immigrant councillor.
Reply: 13 - 123
RoboCod
July 31, 2014, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Poor journalism, a whole page devoted to the mothers point of view, one re-hash of a John Fenty comment....as usual the comments section is more newsworthy and more accurately reflects the true story.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 123
promotion plaice
July 31, 2014, 12:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Part of the story in the Telegraph includes ( you can't move down here, as it is, when there are BIG EVENTS , it's just going to be even worse with football matches every week ).
So BIG EVENTS seem to be happening already around there.
Foot and shot spring to mind.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 123
Hagrid
July 31, 2014, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
We need to get as many people behind this as poss, we need that new ground and we have to beat these numptys who are using pathetic excuse after pathetic excuse to stop us having it! come on fellow mariners, dig deep and get those signtitures up to 10000 UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 123
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2014, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Slight problem is that most Town regulars will have already signed - is there a case for leaflets to encourage their friends and family to do likewise?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 123
JMT
July 31, 2014, 3:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Absolutely disgusting that they're using a childs death to appose the move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 123
Les Brechin
July 31, 2014, 3:36pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
It's a shame they can't get the views of the poor lad himself.

Looking at the GTFC flag in the picture, he'd probably be delighted that they're going to build Town's new ground there.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 123
gtfc98
July 31, 2014, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Another nonsense story from the telegraph. The headline makes the reader think the lad is actually buried at the allotments. It is obviously an extreme tragedy that he is no longer with them but he is now resting at the cemetery, not the allotments and the cemetery is far enough away not to be affected by the stadium.

Wonder how long it is before a telegraph reporter is down there looking for newts.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 123
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2014, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Hi it's only me again!!

Articles like this need sensible and appropriate responses. I would suggest the points in the only comments left on the article are a good start.

Bury as an example have a stand named the cemetery end. Yes that is because they are adjacent to a cemetery along with many other stadia. As is Stamford bridge to name another Watford FC and a long list of other clubs.  

Politicians listen to those that have the biggest voice and they follow comment on the tell wags website. Please keep it sensible and do comment.

Don't forget to ask aunties uncles and all the family and friends to sign the petition for support.

It's no joke we need to crank up support for relocation. 5000 signatures is hopeless.

Comment duly added.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I think, as I mentioned before, there are exiled fans that don't always make it back for games. And also, what about fancy of other teams? Are they not entitled to say?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 123
Marinerz93
July 31, 2014, 5:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Hi it's only me again!!

I am behind you 100% with the requirements to move to a new purpose built stadium that also generates revenue for the club.

I along with a large portion of Town fans have signed the petition and yes I have asked others to sign as well.  I feel that the parties in the against camp are using their influence to further their agenda, what ever that agenda is, their ultimate aim is to stop the new development going ahead.  It seems there are no bounds to how low they will act.

"A FAMILY of allotment holders are concerned that any plans for a new football stadium could impact on their son's burial site."

Grimsby Crematorium site is a cemetery of 67 acres, known as Scartho Road Cemetery for traditional burials.

The no campaign have had their say and now it is only fair you reply to that whilst it is still current in people's minds.  You've already stated how far away from people's houses the new ground will be and this again needs restating in a way that people can visualise that distance.

The new ground doesn't impinge on that boundary and most people go to visit graves / memorial plaques on a Sunday.  The club could dedicate an area / garden in a suitable area of the development dedicated to Mariner fans who have passed, after all there is a Town flag in the picture.  This shows an understanding and degree of sympathy that non football fans more than likely won't have associated with the club before.  The club could also raise the point that the car parking will be increased to cope with the extra cars and this in turn will help those who need to park near the cemetery or crematorium.  It will make it easier for people to park.

Also I feel that you need to highlight that the no campaigners asking mourners to sign a petition when they are not fully informed is underhanded and insensitive to people who are vulnerable at such a sad time.  Will the no campaigners release the names of those who have signed against the move, for the club to send letters, to give the clubs side of issue in order to give balance and make the yes / no issue a fair one.

I hope that you haven't fallen off your chair too hard with this 100% support you have from me regarding the move

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 123
ackomariner
July 31, 2014, 5:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Marinerz93

I am behind you 100% with the requirements to move to a new purpose built stadium that also generates revenue for the club.

I along with a large portion of Town fans have signed the petition and yes I have asked others to sign as well.  I feel that the parties in the against camp are using their influence to further their agenda, what ever that agenda is, their ultimate aim is to stop the new development going ahead.  It seems there are no bounds to how low they will act.

"A FAMILY of allotment holders are concerned that any plans for a new football stadium could impact on their son's burial site."

Grimsby Crematorium site is a cemetery of 67 acres, known as Scartho Road Cemetery for traditional burials.

The no campaign have had their say and now it is only fair you reply to that whilst it is still current in people's minds.  You've already stated how far away from people's houses the new ground will be and this again needs restating in a way that people can visualise that distance.

The new ground doesn't impinge on that boundary and most people go to visit graves / memorial plaques on a Sunday.  The club could dedicate an area / garden in a suitable area of the development dedicated to Mariner fans who have passed, after all there is a Town flag in the picture.  This shows an understanding and degree of sympathy that non football fans more than likely won't have associated with the club before.  The club could also raise the point that the car parking will be increased to cope with the extra cars and this in turn will help those who need to park near the cemetery or crematorium.  It will make it easier for people to park.

Also I feel that you need to highlight that the no campaigners asking mourners to sign a petition when they are not fully informed is underhanded and insensitive to people who are vulnerable at such a sad time.  Will the no campaigners release the names of those who have signed against the move, for the club to send letters, to give the clubs side of issue in order to give balance and make the yes / no issue a fair one.

I hope that you haven't fallen off your chair too hard with this 100% support you have from me regarding the move

Well thought out post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
July 31, 2014, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Hi it's only me again!!

This has been a bizarre few days - the actual football can't come quick enough.

I don't quite understand what is going on with the new stadium, in the sense that surely it doesn't come down to how many petition signatures the for or antis get?

In their case it is getting signatures at funerals, and in ours it is getting them from a fans forum?

What the heck are the elected councillors doing? Surely if the development is, on balance, good for the town in general then its a no brainer. If on the other hand our elected representatives  come to the conclusion that for whatever reason the site isn't suitable then reject it and find somewhere they will wholeheartedly support.

How come the club have chosen 2 sites which doesn't seem to attract sufficient support? What is the ideal location from the Councils viewpoint then?

If the Council simply do not want the club to relocate at all, and keep kicking it into the long grass, then we will have to accept it is the view of the people, through their elected representatives, that is the decision.

Its been 15 years or so hasn't it so far? It is utterly ridiculous that we are still talking about it.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 123
carp catcher
July 31, 2014, 5:49pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
I hate to say it but the new ground will never go ahead there or anywhere in this town, as soon as plans announced those who don't want it start shouting very load and the football haters on the local council start drawing battle lines.if it was to go to vote for planning permission the only councilers who can vote are the ones who don't like football.

54.4 mirror
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 123
chrissy
July 31, 2014, 5:56pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from carp catcher
I hate to say it but the new ground will never go ahead there or anywhere in this town, as soon as plans announced those who don't want it start shouting very load and the football haters on the local council start drawing battle lines.if it was to go to vote for planning permission the only councilers who can vote are the ones who don't like football.

Maybe the councilers who do support GTFC, should nor declare an interest.

Politicians not telling the truth, what next ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
July 31, 2014, 5:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from carp catcher

Bagsy not having you next to me in the trenches  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
July 31, 2014, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from carp catcher

Youre probably right, but one of the points I was trying to make is why haven't the club sought support before getting to this stage twice??

If the support simply isn't there, then why bother??
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 123
carp catcher
July 31, 2014, 6:11pm

Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1

Youre probably right, but one of the points I was trying to make is why haven't the club sought support before getting to this stage twice??

If the support simply isn't there, then why bother??

I think the support is there,the problem being those "I don't want it in my backyard" shouting the loudest

54.4 mirror
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 6:41pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
It saddens me to think there won't be a new stadium especially when we are desperately in need of one.  Another thing that annoys me is those that want the move were is their support from the councillors or does representing fans not count.  It sounds to me that the fans dont have a voice and not one councillor that should represent them are doing there job from what I can see.  The only way we can be heard is a protest in the town centre outside the town hall.

does that make sense.  They listen to residents but not the fans, and at the end of the day we fans enjoy days out at BP its the only recreational thing I have left or that im interested in.

So councillors wheres my representation??

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 123
pontoonlew
July 31, 2014, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Agree Meza. Another gripe is, all these people who are so against us, I wonder how many of them rock up to Wembley for a day out when we do get some success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 123
grimps
July 31, 2014, 6:57pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
These people are that flipping stupid that  they think the stadium would be built on a cemetery , They are being whipped up purely for political purposes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 6:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
Agree Meza. Another gripe is, all these people who are so against us, I wonder how many of them rock up to Wembley for a day out when we do get some success.

Yeah true, there is probably an average of 3000-5000 fans but 20,000 went to Wembley.   I understand every man and his dog went but the difference is its away from GY and some class it as a day out.

for me its good Grimsby has a bowling alley, its good we have 2 sports centres and a cinema loads of pubs but my interest is in GTFC.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 123
jaymariner
July 31, 2014, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
A protest at the lack of support for the local community getting some much needed facilities is the only way forward and thus making our voices heard louder but they would probably turn it around on us saying we are antisocial thugs and only out to cause mayhem and noise pollution.

Most of us get a feeling that we are never going to win with this council that want to keep the area in the dark ages  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 123
rancido
July 31, 2014, 7:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91

This has been a bizarre few days - the actual football can't come quick enough.

I don't quite understand what is going on with the new stadium, in the sense that surely it doesn't come down to how many petition signatures the for or antis get?

In their case it is getting signatures at funerals, and in ours it is getting them from a fans forum?

What the heck are the elected councillors doing? Surely if the development is, on balance, good for the town in general then its a no brainer. If on the other hand our elected representatives  come to the conclusion that for whatever reason the site isn't suitable then reject it and find somewhere they will wholeheartedly support.

How come the club have chosen 2 sites which doesn't seem to attract sufficient support? What is the ideal location from the Councils viewpoint then?

If the Council simply do not want the club to relocate at all, and keep kicking it into the long grass, then we will have to accept it is the view of the people, through their elected representatives, that is the decision.

Its been 15 years or so hasn't it so far? It is utterly ridiculous that we are still talking about it.

But as I understand it a move to a new site was the councils preferred option when this was raised some 15? years ago. I seem to remember a statement from the club saying that they approached the council about their views on any future developments of BP. The council of the time said that they would rather the club moved location and they would help them to achieve this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 123
moosey_club
July 31, 2014, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from rancido

But as I understand it a move to a new site was the councils preferred option when this was raised some 15? years ago. I seem to remember a statement from the club saying that they approached the council about their views on any future developments of BP. The council of the time said that they would rather the club moved location and they would help them to achieve this.

Pretty sure it was in 1988(?) when it was first muted...pathetic really.  Cant all be held with the council but they certainly stalled it and their decision to award planning for the still non existant Garth Lane shopping centre development which IIRC used up the last allotted retail development at the time of Great Coates was very odd.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2014, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
So, just to ask the question, that if we don't get allowed by de fruityarse and his pitch fork holders, what will happen? Is it feasible to rebuild the main stand and the osmond or would we infact get planning permission?

I think the question of the allotments is a load of cow cafuddle to be honest and the sooner the council get behind the plans rather than fighting against the better. We have an allotment approx 500m away from kingsholm rugby ground in Gloucester. The difference is that the locals, in all shapes and sizes, welcome the 16000 people that turn up every week.

So, Grimsby and north east lincs council, bring yourselves out of the 60's and move with the times. Give the town, the people that put you in your jobs and local business' something to be proud of.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 123
Getyourfactsright
July 31, 2014, 8:52pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Bless 93 how nice.

Wonder if the rest of the fab six are ok too.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 123
Marinerz93
July 31, 2014, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Bless 93 how nice.

UTM

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
Caesar
July 31, 2014, 9:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from Meza
It saddens me to think there won't be a new stadium especially when we are desperately in need of one.  Another thing that annoys me is those that want the move were is their support from the councillors or does representing fans not count.  It sounds to me that the fans dont have a voice and not one councillor that should represent them are doing there job from what I can see.  The only way we can be heard is a protest in the town centre outside the town hall.

does that make sense.  They listen to residents but not the fans, and at the end of the day we fans enjoy days out at BP its the only recreational thing I have left or that im interested in.

So Councillors wheres my representation??

What we need to do is get people to write to local representatives.  Councillors will be getting a fair few letters from NIMBY's who have little idea what football is, so their voice will be loudest.  However if every Town fan wrote a letter/email to the Councillors then they would start paying more attention to Town fans.  If someone could spare the time or if the club and John Fenty could provide a list of Councillors to and everyone on here could write to them it might help.

Someone could even draft a general letter to send which people could just edit slightly so there is a bit of difference in the letters.  A petition is good after all but it is a very easy action to do to sign one, if people are writing letters and emails it means they care more about the issue and it is more likely to effect their vote, in which case it is going to be an issue that people will look at more closely.

Any voulanteers for providing a list and a draft letter for people to send?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
Fcukthescunts
July 31, 2014, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Hi it's only me again!!

Could the Trust be at turnstiles in away stand prior to kick off get them to sign (free Admission for those volunteering). A new ground will benefit away fans too! Can we also get links on other teams message boards getting them to sign? Genuine football fans will help other teams fans when needed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 9:47pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Anyone know the exact distance between the proposed site for the new stadium and the cemetery?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 123
MuddyWaters
July 31, 2014, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Bless 93 how nice.

UTM

No need for sarcasm John, I've done my comment on GET site too!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
Nelly GTFC
July 31, 2014, 9:52pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Well this is Leeds Utd to the nearest cemetery, I'm going to go through every club in the league, thats within the same distances as our proposed new ground.

0.25 miles = Grimsby Town (New Stadium)
0.50 miles = Leeds United (Elland Road)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
Grimal
July 31, 2014, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Quoted from pontoonlew

I would bet all the councilors do,on a freeby,at our expense.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
Grimal
July 31, 2014, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Sincil Bank is only  0.6 mile from Lincoln's cemetary/crem. There's a bowling Alley right next door to the crem, only a matter of a few yards away.Open 7 days a week  9am to 11.30pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2014, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Caesar

What we need to do is get people to write to local representatives.  Councillors will be getting a fair few letters from NIMBY's who have little idea what football is, so their voice will be loudest.  However if every Town fan wrote a letter/email to the Councillors then they would start paying more attention to Town fans.  If someone could spare the time or if the club and John Fenty could provide a list of Councillors to and everyone on here could write to them it might help.

Someone could even draft a general letter to send which people could just edit slightly so there is a bit of difference in the letters.  A petition is good after all but it is a very easy action to do to sign one, if people are writing letters and emails it means they care more about the issue and it is more likely to effect their vote, in which case it is going to be an issue that people will look at more closely.

That's a very good point. It worked for me when I was a NIMBY many years ago.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
misterx
July 31, 2014, 11:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Approval: +37
Maybe it shouldn't be said, but does anyone get the feeling it will never be built??  We wouldn't want Grimsby having things that other Towns the same size have had for years...Football stadium...Cinema...Decent leisure center....sorry for moaning been out for a drink lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
TAGG
July 31, 2014, 11:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121

Bless 93 how nice.

UTM

Who are the fab six??????????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 11:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Caesar

Thats right Caesar an email or letter is more meaningful more personal than a petition.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
dapperz fun pub
July 31, 2014, 11:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Hi it's only me again!!

Have to say im not your biggest fan but i actually think coming on the fishy openly could be a master stroke on your part, forget ranting to radio dull or ranting to the gy telegraph this does you no favours imo BUT posting on the fishy sort of connects you to the fans

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 11:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Getyourfactsright aka John.  I have 1 question would it not be possible to build the stadium on the other side of peaks parkway?  Is it privately owned....just trying to make the stadium even further away.  Having said that no matter where it is there will always be opposition.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 11:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Well I might be completely off the mark but the 2 things thats put GY on the map is the fishing industry and GTFC.   Im sure down the lines GTFC has done a lot of good to the community than we actually know.  I dont why Im posting this its like im going in circles.  I feel for John he must have a very sore head with the constant head banging against the wall lol.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
Meza
July 31, 2014, 11:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
One final question.  Does anyone know what the residents of the surrounding villages I.e Waltham etc think about a community stadium with a super market?

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
petethemariner
July 31, 2014, 11:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from misterx
Maybe it shouldn't be said, but does anyone get the feeling it will never be built??  We wouldn't want Grimsby having things that other Towns the same size have had for years...Football stadium...Cinema...Decent leisure center....sorry for moaning been out for a drink lol

I do get this feeling and sadly i haven't been out for a drink! Its the age old truth
that no-one in this Town ever has forward thinking ideas, i think its the Lincolnshire
way, sitting on hands doing nothing - our councils ideas of regeneration are cruelly
evident with the Ice House and my old school in Eleanor Street,  ie: do nothing and let
the buildings turn into rat infested ruins with absolutely no plan for the future.
I d'ont think the stadium will happen and this is from someone who had a letter printed
the GET as long ago as the mid nineties begging for information on the new stadium.
Anyone who read the recent thread about the SB Cohen movies ridiculing this Town will
know i am passionate about improving the image of this Town, not destroying it, but clearly people in authority d'ont share this  passion (unless laying down ludicrous dirty looking crazy paving that is a safety hazard counts)
On the subject of the proposed stadium i have to say (and this is only my opinion
before i am slated on here for it) that i am somewhat cynical about the location,
forgetting about graveyards, crematoriums and the lesser spotted newts,  if it ever happens is this really the best place for it? C'ant help thinking that there are commercial
interests additional to the stadium  proposals, shall we say from local building companies
eyeing up the land between the  site of the proposed stadium and New Waltham/Toll Bar for housing - perhaps i am wrong - i hope i am.
All though i am as desperate for the club to relocate as anyone, i feel that a site
off the A180 (maybe somewhere near Europark) is far more sensible and
practical, one thing for sure though  is that we cannot just do nothing, because it is only a matter of time before the older stands at BP are refused safety certificates, we need to get a site and an 'enabler' or  try to get a FA  grant and improve BP, d'ont just 'do' an ice house or Eleanor Street school.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
Getyourfactsright
August 1, 2014, 5:55am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Meza
Getyourfactsright aka John.  I have 1 question would it not be possible to build the stadium on the other side of peaks parkway?  Is it privately owned....just trying to make the stadium even further away.  Having said that no matter where it is there will always be opposition.

Site acquisition is an obvious and big cost. As the site is owned by the council it's a big plus to the viability of the scheme. If it was located across the road the planning reasons such as highways impact travel plan and others are exactly the same tbh.

Peaks Parkway is very central, therefore very accessible to all parts of the town. Great Coats used to give me sleepless nights in how we would get people to the stadium it being in one corner of the town. A bit like Darlington Fc was.

Chelsea's ground Stamford bridge is the closest ground to a cemetery I've seen which is literally next to one corner. We have an excellent picture of it plus many others which will be used when we get to do consultations.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
gtfc98
August 1, 2014, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65

Site acquisition is an obvious and big cost. As the site is owned by the council it's a big plus to the viability of the scheme. If it was located across the road the planning reasons such as highways impact travel plan and others are exactly the same tbh.

Peaks Parkway is very central, therefore very accessible to all parts of the town. Great Coats used to give me sleepless nights in how we would get people to the stadium it being in one corner of the town. A bit like Darlington Fc was.

Chelsea's ground Stamford bridge is the closest ground to a cemetery I've seen which is literally next to one corner. We have an excellent picture of it plus many others which will be used when we get to do consultations.

Peaks Parkway is the best place for it John, the club are doing a good job trying to push this forward with the council. Do you have a rough timescale of when we could expect to see some plans ready for submission? Is that the next stage?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
The Grim Reaper
August 1, 2014, 8:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
August 1, 2014, 9:01am
Guest User
So pleased the Great Coates site got knocked back dreadful place for a stadium, I said on here a good few years ago when people were banging on about the docks that the land of the peaks parkway was the best location in town, I compared the location to the pride parkway Derby but on a smaller scale with the stadium centrally located for all, and accessed by the main road running straight through the centre. The surrounding land is also prime for further development restaurants, supermarket, ice arena maybe?  So I was pleased when the club announced that this was now the only location viable.

This development really needs to go ahead for our clubs future why can't the club organise  volunteers in handing out petitions in the town centre / Freemo on a busy weekends I bet we would easily get a few thousand from shoppers and people out for an afternoon drink, I would say their is also a large proportion of the older generation who would be in support that don't even know how to email like my old man, so by takeing these petitions out to the people we would soon hit the 10000 no problem.
Reply: 60 - 123
August 1, 2014, 9:04am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No need for sarcasm John, I've done my comment on GET site too!

A bit of toungue in cheek I think mate don't be so touchy
Reply: 61 - 123
Getyourfactsright
August 1, 2014, 9:29am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Grimal

I would bet all the councilors do,on a freeby,at our expense.

Very unfair. We do some good and as some people see it bad stuff but at our own cost to be fair. There ain't any freebies that's for sure and nothing is easy.

I work for two organisations where by and large people think NODDY AND BIG EARS ARE RUNNING BOTH
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 123
Getyourfactsright
August 1, 2014, 9:32am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Who are the fab six??????????

My Matty Fenty bathers who look for something which isn't their. Do I need to add one to the list.  

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
I just don't get cllr de fruityarse's agenda. Is he against the club? A personal vendetta against JF? A scunny fan? Unemployable should he lose the tenure of his seat?

Why in essence, is he trying to asset strip the town? I would be interested to know, which planning issues in the past he has backed AND rejected

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 123
psgmariner
August 1, 2014, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
De Freitas knocked on my mum’s door (as she lives quite close to Peakes Parkway) and he couldn’t understand that she was actually in favour of the ground. He seems to wrongly assume that anyone who lives close by will be against it. Thankfully they aren’t.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
If mentioned already apologies, from today's allotment chronicle Telegraph

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....ter_grimsbytelegraph

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 123
Dan
August 1, 2014, 10:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Have to say im not your biggest fan but i actually think coming on the fishy openly could be a master stroke on your part, forget ranting to radio dull or ranting to the gy telegraph this does you no favours imo BUT posting on the fishy sort of connects you to the fans

Agreed.

In regards to De Freitas, well his political ambitions lay beyond the local council, but thankfully his party are about to disappear for good, and he can go with them.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 123
Getyourfactsright
August 1, 2014, 11:20am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Peaks Parkway is the best place for it John, the club are doing a good job trying to push this forward with the council. Do you have a rough timescale of when we could expect to see some plans ready for submission? Is that the next stage?

Without massive public support I am sorry to say it won't happen so please don be complacent. Petition forms are at the club and with the MT.

Do your best and please ask aunties uncles friends and families to sign up and don't for get the kids.

Let it be known!

If we secure vital enabling development it is likely to be three years. We have to start with agreeing a basis for land transfer. We need the council to agree this the sooner the better as the market will not take the project seriously without the club being able to secure the land. This does not mean the council will be giving planning permission. We will still have all the normal hurdles to overcome.

So at best three years but ever the optimist.UTM
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 123
mariner83
August 1, 2014, 11:39am

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Was at the Ricoh on Sunday and while there isn't any football being played there currently, it was a good insight in what can be done.  Casino, exhibition halls, hotel, coffee bar, plenty of parking, With a retail park next door.

Just a shame that in all honesty I can't see it ever happening for GTFC
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 69 - 123
psgmariner
August 1, 2014, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner83
Was at the Ricoh on Sunday and while there isn't any football being played there currently, it was a good insight in what can be done.  Casino, exhibition halls, hotel, coffee bar, plenty of parking, With a retail park next door.

Just a shame that in all honesty I can't see it ever happening for GTFC

But it's an identikit stadium that's been a financial disaster. Careful what you wish for.

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 1:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Hi it's only me again!!

Focus on putting right the mess you caused by your incompetence and get our club back into the Football League. Only then should you consider the prospect of a new stadium.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

But it's an identikit stadium that's been a financial disaster. Careful what you wish for.

Not for football reasons though. The council have a lot to answer for with regards to that

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 123
psgmariner
August 1, 2014, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Not for football reasons though. The council have a lot to answer for with regards to that

Fair point.

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 2:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Focus on putting right the mess you caused by your incompetence and get our club back into the Football League. Only then should you consider the prospect of a new stadium.

I don't want to stand in the toilets in the pontoon anymore with urine overflowing onto the floor all over my shoes.
I don't want to que up for a pie and tea at half time and have to watch part of the second half stood up when I've paid to sit in a seat.
I don't want to pay hard earned money to watch town play having to dodge my eyes round a metal stantion that's holding the roof up.
I know a lot of people that don't go anymore because of things like this, so yes we need a new home for the mariners and sooner the better IMHO

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
August 1, 2014, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

I don't want to stand in the toilets in the pontoon anymore with urine overflowing onto the floor all over my shoes.
I don't want to que up for a pie and tea at half time and have to watch part of the second half stood up when I've paid to sit in a seat.
I don't want to pay hard earned money to watch town play having to dodge my eyes round a metal stantion that's holding the roof up.
I know a lot of people that don't go anymore because of things like this, so yes we need a new home for the mariners and sooner the better IMHO

Of course I agree with you, but apart from the metal post those things can be easily remedied can't they?

This of course is another aspect to all this - 15 years of talk has led to allowing the current ground fall gradually into disrepair.

If we are looking at another 3,5 10 years or never, surely the owner has a duty to the fans to tackle  the things you mentioned?

Power washing the front façade would make the place look a whole lot better for a start.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 2:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Power washing the front façade would make the place look a whole lot better for a start.

Hate to use the saying, but you can't polish a turd

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 2:48pm

Cocktail Drinker

Of course I agree with you, but apart from the metal post those things can be easily remedied can't they?

This of course is another aspect to all this - 15 years of talk has led to allowing the current ground fall gradually into disrepair.

If we are looking at another 3,5 10 years or never, surely the owner has a duty to the fans to tackle  the things you mentioned?

Do you know lcl, I don't really know what can be done anymore to bp, but I feel we need a new ground , sooner rather than later

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
August 1, 2014, 2:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Hate to use the saying, but you can't polish a turd

Well unless we start polishing sharpish, what is it going to be like in 10 years????

That's unless you believe we will be moving into a brand new shiny fentydome in 2017.

Unless we do something until if and when we move, then its going to more difficult to attract fans or players isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 123
Abdul19
August 1, 2014, 2:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from ackomariner

Mr Fenty - if the new ground doesn't offer this facility then I'm not going!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 123
brad_gtfc
August 1, 2014, 3:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
John Fenty coming on The Fishy is a fantastic idea. It gives us more of a voice and a chance to get across our views in a civilised one. I've only seen one poster spouting off but you get idiots everywhere I suppose.
End of the day, and I don't want this to turn into a massive topic about John either, he's made mistakes along the way, he'll be the first to admit that. But he can't change whats being and gone and neither can we. The only way we will ever get back to where we belong is by all pulling together. The way I see it, we all want the same thing, a successful football club.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 3:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Well unless we start polishing sharpish, what is it going to be like in 10 years????

That's unless you believe we will be moving into a brand new shiny fentydome in 2017.

Unless we do something until if and when we move, then its going to more difficult to attract fans or players isn't it?

We have a ground with 1 good stand. 1 ok stand and 2 conjoined stands that would need to be rebuilt IF we didn't get the new ground. This would cost a fortune and that is why the new ground IS the only way forward.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 3:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

You might like pi$$ over the floor! I don't . Plus the smell is embedded into the concrete floor, but if you live like an animal, that's fine

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
August 1, 2014, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

We have a ground with 1 good stand. 1 ok stand and 2 conjoined stands that would need to be rebuilt IF we didn't get the new ground. This would cost a fortune and that is why the new ground IS the only way forward.

No one is disputing that.

We cannot just sit back though and do NOTHING to Blundell Park though can we?

I am not talking about rebuilding the ground, but plumbing and catering and cleanliness should be addressed don't you think?

The new stadium is obviously years away, if it is ever built, so some  housekeeping now so that it looks clean and people aren't standing in urine is a minimum requirement surely?  
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 3:39pm

Cocktail Drinker

No one is disputing that.

We cannot just sit back though and do NOTHING to Blundell Park though can we?

I am not talking about rebuilding the ground, but plumbing and catering and cleanliness should be addressed don't you think?

The new stadium is obviously years away, if it is ever built, so some  housekeeping now so that it looks clean and people aren't standing in urine is a minimum requirement surely?  

Exactly my point

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 123
Squarkus
August 1, 2014, 3:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from davmariner

Are you one of the six or number seven, Fenty has been honest enough to expose himself to us, he is also giving us information that most of us want to know, idiots like you will just put him into hiding, this is a great thread and something we can all help with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you one of the six or number seven, Fenty has been honest enough to expose himself to us, he is also giving us information that most of us want to know, idiots like you will just put him into hiding, this is a great thread and something we can all help with.

Idiots like me? I'm a fan expressing an opinion as I'm fully entitled to. People like you ruin this forum. I respect the opinions that differ to my own and I don't insult people who disagree with me.

How about you 'gimp off', learn some manners and come back when you're willing to debate the issue like an adult as other people have.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

I agree with you with regard to a need for a stadium but for me it's a case of not until we are in the Football League.

The longer we are in this league, the harder it will be to attract the fanbase to justify it. One might argue that there is scope for greater income. My argument is mismanagement has significantly depleted our commercial income streams by being in this league. If we sort things out and regain the money that we used to get from being in the football league, the deficit wouldn't be as big as it is now anyway.

Sort things out on the pitch first and lets get out of this league.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:41pm
Vodka Drinker
For the avoidance of confusion Mr Fenty, I'm talking about mismanagement in the last two years that we were in the Football League on the football side of things.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 123
mariner83
August 1, 2014, 4:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ackomariner

You might like pi$$ over the floor! I don't . Plus the smell is embedded into the concrete floor, but if you live like an animal, that's fine

Err?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 89 - 123
mariner91
August 1, 2014, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Squarkus

Good Lord.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 1, 2014, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from brad_gtfc
John Fenty coming on The Fishy is a fantastic idea. It gives us more of a voice and a chance to get across our views in a civilised one. I've only seen one poster spouting off but you get idiots everywhere I suppose.
End of the day, and I don't want this to turn into a massive topic about John either, he's made mistakes along the way, he'll be the first to admit that. But he can't change whats being and gone and neither can we. The only way we will ever get back to where we belong is by all pulling together. The way I see it, we all want the same thing, a successful football club.

UTM!

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 123
Marinerz93
August 1, 2014, 6:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Very unfair. We do some good and as some people see it bad stuff but at our own cost to be fair. There ain't any freebies that's for sure and nothing is easy.

I work for two organisations where by and large people think NODDY AND BIG EARS ARE RUNNING BOTH

You sacked big ears days after you said his job was safe  

Private Message
Reply: 92 - 123
Marinerz93
August 1, 2014, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker

My Matty Fenty bathers who look for something which isn't their. Do I need to add one to the list.  

Be honest, is this one of Johns daughters, what is a my matty fenty bather, and who are the people you are referring to.

Private Message
Reply: 93 - 123
Marinerz93
August 1, 2014, 6:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Good Lord.

I wondering if JF will pursue that exposé from Squarkus, mind you if he did, he would need a surgical team to remove him first    

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 123
Marinerz93
August 1, 2014, 6:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

Private Message
Reply: 95 - 123
rancido
August 1, 2014, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

There's always one who feels he has to have a dig!

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 8:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

I agree with you with regard to a need for a stadium but for me it's a case of not until we are in the Football League.

The longer we are in this league, the harder it will be to attract the fanbase to justify it. One might argue that there is scope for greater income. My argument is mismanagement has significantly depleted our commercial income streams by being in this league. If we sort things out and regain the money that we used to get from being in the football league, the deficit wouldn't be as big as it is now anyway.

Sort things out on the pitch first and lets get out of this league.

Yeah fair comment davmariner, glad some people can have a chat without being bitchy

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
August 1, 2014, 8:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from rancido

There's always one who feels he has to have a dig!

Or indeed express his perfectly valid personal opinion.  

Private Message
Reply: 98 - 123
TAGG
August 1, 2014, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981

Gutted not to be on it. Add me please  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 123
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2014, 10:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

I wondering if JF will pursue that exposé from Squarkus, mind you if he did, he would need a surgical team to remove him first    

Proctologists?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 123
barralad
August 1, 2014, 10:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Quoted from ackomariner

Top post for me.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 123
Teestogreen
August 1, 2014, 11:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20

I was just about to create a new 'thread' called 'Blundell Park', when I read this.

Sums it up - just maintain Blundell Park properly.
This is our spiritual home (let no one underestimate this because these new grounds are soulless).
Build a team that wins at home (and away).
Get promoted a couple of times.
That is the priority.
The support numbers may increase if we have a good team but Blundell Park is quite capable of coping with it. The rail link to Blundell Park is not too bad either.

Why does the club have to move - perfectly ok where it is in my view.
What's the problem?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 123
Teestogreen
August 1, 2014, 11:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from brad_gtfc

UTM!

Have you been smoking?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 123
Marinerz93
August 1, 2014, 11:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Proctologists?

Yes do you know any  

Private Message
Reply: 104 - 123
Teestogreen
August 1, 2014, 11:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Negatives already, before anyone one has had chance to read.
Looks like it's a stitch up.
Don't know why anyone would go to Blundell Park this season, because the 'Fishy' sentiment is don't go - because it's 'CRAP'.
Sad end to a great club.

UTM - in another life - all the best.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 2, 2014, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
I was just about to create a new 'thread' called 'Blundell Park', when I read this.

Sums it up - just maintain Blundell Park properly.
This is our spiritual home (let no one underestimate this because these new grounds are soulless).
Build a team that wins at home (and away).
Get promoted a couple of times.
That is the priority.
The support numbers may increase if we have a good team but Blundell Park is quite capable of coping with it. The rail link to Blundell Park is not too bad either.

What's the problem?

Agree that BP has so much to offer in the form of history location etc but, would the club get planning permission, finance etc to redevelop the ground?? As I said earlier in this thread, like it or not, both the main stand and the osmond would have to be ripped down (I presume at the same time), the pontoon has seen better days too. Don't get me wrong, I love going to blundell park but I am sure the men with the purse strings have looked into this.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
August 2, 2014, 10:15am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen

What's the problem?

I'm pretty sure JF has been clear on this before. The club is not sustainable at BP, it's as simple as that. If we stay where we are, we will go bust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2014, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker

I'm pretty sure JF has been clear on this before. The club is not sustainable at BP, it's as simple as that. If we stay where we are, we will go bust.

If we stay where we are in footballing terms, surely we will still go bust?
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 123
davmariner
August 2, 2014, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 123
Getyourfactsright
August 2, 2014, 12:46pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Many clubs in the football Leauge have been in Finacial meltdown, so do you have a constructive point.

Remember Action 88 etc etc

When I joined you could argue we avoided certain melt down.

Blundel Park means propping the finances up annually unless there is year in year out success on the field. Sorry to disappoint but we will struggle to keep up with he Manunited.

From my funding point of view I will not indefiantly fund a black hole. Providing catalyst funding for a new stadium I will provide / underpin.

Oh and guess what my fishy friend!!!! I ant pushing this for personal gain either!!!!

I am just one of the custodians of the club. There's been many before and there will be many to follow.

Relocation will attract players and provide new income streems as well as put more bums on seats.

At Blundel Park we could invest 10 mill without raising income to justifie the additional income a revamped Blundel Park would bring in.

It would be nice to be back in the football Leauge before relocation but i stress relocation at any level has it's merits and should be persued.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
davmariner
August 2, 2014, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker

Many clubs in the football Leauge have been in Finacial meltdown, so do you have a constructive point.

Blundel Park means propping the finances up annually unless there is year in year out success on the field. Sorry to disappoint but we will struggle to keep up with he Manunited.

From my funding point of view I will not indefiantly fund a black hole. Providing catalyst funding for a new stadium I will provide / underpin.

Oh and guess what my fishy friend!!!! I ant pushing this for personal gain either!!!!

I am just one of the custodians of the club. There's been many before and there will be many to follow.

Relocation will attract players and provide new income streems as well as put more bums on seats.

At Blundel Park we could invest 10 mill without raising income to justifie the additional income a revamped Blundel Park would bring in.

It would be nice to be back in the football Leauge before relocation but i stress relocation at any level has it's merits and should be persued.

Many thanks for addressing the concern. With respect, how does the construction of a new stadium ensure more bums and seats and better players? Surely success on the pitch is the main factor that swings this. It's all well and good having a swanky new ground but people aren't just going to come because of that are they?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
chaos33
August 2, 2014, 1:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I'm astonished at the indifference and opposition to a new GTFC stadium which would undeniably bring economic regeneration to the Town. Maybe it's because I live elsewhere now that it's easier to take an objective view. Just look at what the KC did for Hull City and even Scunny seem to be pressing ahead with their plans - yet another way in which they seem to outstrip us. The club and the supporters have to make this happen and overcome the shortsighted opposition. It's not just about football. I'm glad that JF and the Trust and forward-thinking fans are pursuing this relentlessly and am grateful for that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 2, 2014, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Agree 100% chaos, and the sustainability is key to what the club have to offer. Scunts, hull and even Boston have forged ahead with new grounds, so where do we ACTUALLY stand with regards the council???? IMHO they don't want the club to succeed unless it's for their benefit. Unless that is, they get something out of it. What's happened since the double wembley season when cllr defruityarse attended games?? Did he have to start paying for tickets?? So he spat his dummy out and retired to his allotment, with lesser spotted emu's, and decided to take out a personal vendetta against the club? Well, am afraid, the clubs fans are not gonna give up on this, so, be prepared for a fight, as that's what your gonna get.

And just like the yorksh&@e pudding song, I can't wait to sing it about a marrow!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2014, 2:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I'm all for the new stadium, hence my post on the Telegraph article but as someone else has subsequently stated, a new stadium is less likely to attract better players than success on the pitch. I understand the need for new income streams, it's what I do for a living, but fans surely need to accept the reality that a new stadium is not a panacea for all of our problems.

You mention that you won't indefiantly fund a black hole - I assume you meant indefinitely.

UTM!
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
rancido
August 2, 2014, 2:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Many thanks for addressing the concern. With respect, how does the construction of a new stadium ensure more bums and seats and better players? Surely success on the pitch is the main factor that swings this. It's all well and good having a swanky new ground but people aren't just going to come because of that are they?

Of course success on the pitch is paramount but the plans for a new ground can still be progressing in tandem. If the time span for a new ground is at least 3 years then waiting until we get promoted before we even start any preliminary work puts it back further. BP is well past it's sell-by-date, could prove very costly to up-grade ( providing of course the Council will grant planning permission) and you are still left with the problems of parking and alternative income streams.
A new ground ( why use the expression swanky?) will have better facilities and make coming to a game more pleasurable for some. It will also gives out a message to prospective players and investors out there that we are looking to the future and not stuck in some backward looking rut, just living in the past as a " once great club".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
dapperz fun pub
August 2, 2014, 3:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
This town needs its football club to be in the football league performing well at a much better level than we are now, a new stadium will help that like its done for the likes of rotherham,chesterfield both of which we could easily match in terms of support and more imo. A new stadium doesnt guarantee anything but i really think the feel good factor would come steaming back in football terms and surely any sort of regeneration is a good thing in our deprived forgotten town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
MeanwoodMariner
August 2, 2014, 3:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm all for the new stadium, hence my post on the Telegraph article but as someone else has subsequently stated, a new stadium is less likely to attract better players than success on the pitch. I understand the need for new income streams, it's what I do for a living

It's not an either/or situation. A new stadium would benefit the club, it really is that simple.

Quoted from MuddyWaters

but fans surely need to accept the reality that a new stadium is not a panacea for all of our problems.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard a single fan say a new stadium solves all our problems so managing expectations shouldn't be a problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2014, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker

It's not an either/or situation. A new stadium would benefit the club, it really is that simple.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard a single fan say a new stadium solves all our problems so managing expectations shouldn't be a problem.

You don't have to convince me, I'm all for it! I just hope that we put a team together worthy of the surroundings because you can have the greatest stadium in the world but people won't pay just to watch Raggedarse Rovers in it.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
davmariner
August 2, 2014, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You don't have to convince me, I'm all for it! I just hope that we put a team together worthy of the surroundings because you can have the greatest stadium in the world but people won't pay just to watch Raggedarse Rovers in it.

Once again this explains my feelings towards it. I'm all for a new stadium, but we won't be able to reap the benefits of a new stadium whilst we're still languishing in the Conference.

It's all well and good saying that we may well be out of the Conference by then, but what happens when we aren't and have the financial burden of a new ground? All well and good arguing that this will be a regeneration and will bring lots and lots of jobs. But who is going to pay for these jobs? It will need to be backed up by gate money and commercial money, neither of which is going to increase unless we get out of this league.

Realistically we are unlikely to consistently get above 3,500 a week attendance in this league. Maybe even a lot less if we aren't challenging every year. The 25/7 facilities also have to be fit for purpose, in that we don't want a situation in which the facilities are available at the stadium but without the market to actually use those facilities.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
oldun
August 2, 2014, 6:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
These days football clubs at any level need several income streams to survive, match day ticket sales in themselves will never be enough. Therefore new ground facilities need to ba capable of use more than 1 day every couple of weeks and this is where a combination of The Council and Private Investors have a huge role to play as the club cannot do this on its own. Therefore it needs to be much more than football even though this might be the driver. I hope and expect all parties involved can come up with a new development with something for everyone that the town can get behind and be proud of, God knows the town needs it.
Just to make a constructive point perhaps part of the development could include a venue for wakes to held for those using the Crematorium using share car parking. ( I want no remarks about wakes being held following bad results by our team!!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 123
barralad
August 2, 2014, 7:59pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Teestogreen
Negatives already, before anyone one has had chance to read.
Looks like it's a stitch up.
Don't know why anyone would go to Blundell Park this season, because the 'Fishy' sentiment is don't go - because it's 'CRAP'.
Sad end to a great club.

UTM - in another life - all the best.

I wouldn't worry about the negatives...kids probably.

Personally speaking it doesn't appear to me that the message is that people shouldn't go to Blundell Park because it's crap but more a case of wanting to take the chance to improve the match day experience for the fans. There are very few facilities at B.P. that can be used on any day of the week-not just match days. As others have eloquently stated match day ticket receipts are no longer enough to fund the club-certainly not at our level. For me there is a better chance of getting better players if we can afford to pay them more. The days of unearthing gems who we then sell on for big bucks-the life blood of teams like Town only a few years ago-appear to have gone. I believe it is a stark choice. Stay where we are and remain reliant on a majority share holder who may not always be in the position to fund the club to the level that will see us able to get better players in or move to somewhere that offers an increased feel good factor and hopefully the financial improvement we all want.
If you take out the Darlington and Rushden and Diamonds disastrous scenarios and Coventry's internal fighting it is difficult to find a club whose status in the game hasn't improved as a result of moving grounds..(Reading, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Brighton etc. etc.)

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 123
barralad
August 2, 2014, 8:01pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from oldun

Just to make a constructive point perhaps part of the development could include a venue for wakes to held for those using the Crematorium using share car parking.

Sir, (or madam!) I salute you!

Genius!!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 123
Meza
August 2, 2014, 8:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Sincil Bank has a 3g pitch which people throughout Lincoln use including myself.  A new stadium would allow JF to build a new 3g pitch and the money (albeit small) would go to the club something they wouldn't get now.  Thats just one thing, it has the potential to open up many new avenues, and its this that some people just cant get into their head.  I couldn't care if a new stadium was built if we were still in the conference it would get used even if by 4000, i'm sure many new fans would turn up too.  Building a new stadium if we are in the football league is too late in my eyes we need it now.

John has deep pockets but his arm is stretching further into it and will soon be empty.  This is the time i would fear the most.  I'm not a season ticket holder and neither is my dad but one thing i will say if a new stadium is built there would be 2 new fans with season tickets

I have a lot of good memories at BP but everyone knows it would cost JF more than if he would build a new stadium.  A new stadium would also bring a fresh feel factor back to the club (although i guess it wont be long until the moaners come out in force lol).

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 123
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.