This thread currently has 23,305 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
August 1, 2014, 3:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
John Fenty coming on The Fishy is a fantastic idea. It gives us more of a voice and a chance to get across our views in a civilised one. I've only seen one poster spouting off but you get idiots everywhere I suppose.
End of the day, and I don't want this to turn into a massive topic about John either, he's made mistakes along the way, he'll be the first to admit that. But he can't change whats being and gone and neither can we. The only way we will ever get back to where we belong is by all pulling together. The way I see it, we all want the same thing, a successful football club.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 123
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 1, 2014, 3:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178

Well unless we start polishing sharpish, what is it going to be like in 10 years????

That's unless you believe we will be moving into a brand new shiny fentydome in 2017.

Unless we do something until if and when we move, then its going to more difficult to attract fans or players isn't it?

We have a ground with 1 good stand. 1 ok stand and 2 conjoined stands that would need to be rebuilt IF we didn't get the new ground. This would cost a fortune and that is why the new ground IS the only way forward.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 3:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Abdul19

Mr Fenty - if the new ground doesn't offer this facility then I'm not going!

You might like pi$$ over the floor! I don't . Plus the smell is embedded into the concrete floor, but if you live like an animal, that's fine

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
August 1, 2014, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

We have a ground with 1 good stand. 1 ok stand and 2 conjoined stands that would need to be rebuilt IF we didn't get the new ground. This would cost a fortune and that is why the new ground IS the only way forward.

No one is disputing that.

We cannot just sit back though and do NOTHING to Blundell Park though can we?

I am not talking about rebuilding the ground, but plumbing and catering and cleanliness should be addressed don't you think?

The new stadium is obviously years away, if it is ever built, so some  housekeeping now so that it looks clean and people aren't standing in urine is a minimum requirement surely?  
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 123
ackomariner
August 1, 2014, 3:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3

No one is disputing that.

We cannot just sit back though and do NOTHING to Blundell Park though can we?

I am not talking about rebuilding the ground, but plumbing and catering and cleanliness should be addressed don't you think?

The new stadium is obviously years away, if it is ever built, so some  housekeeping now so that it looks clean and people aren't standing in urine is a minimum requirement surely?  

Exactly my point

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 123
Squarkus
August 1, 2014, 3:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from davmariner

Focus on putting right the mess you caused by your incompetence and get our club back into the Football League. Only then should you consider the prospect of a new stadium.

Are you one of the six or number seven, Fenty has been honest enough to expose himself to us, he is also giving us information that most of us want to know, idiots like you will just put him into hiding, this is a great thread and something we can all help with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you one of the six or number seven, Fenty has been honest enough to expose himself to us, he is also giving us information that most of us want to know, idiots like you will just put him into hiding, this is a great thread and something we can all help with.

Idiots like me? I'm a fan expressing an opinion as I'm fully entitled to. People like you ruin this forum. I respect the opinions that differ to my own and I don't insult people who disagree with me.

How about you 'gimp off', learn some manners and come back when you're willing to debate the issue like an adult as other people have.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

I don't want to stand in the toilets in the pontoon anymore with urine overflowing onto the floor all over my shoes.
I don't want to que up for a pie and tea at half time and have to watch part of the second half stood up when I've paid to sit in a seat.
I don't want to pay hard earned money to watch town play having to dodge my eyes round a metal stantion that's holding the roof up.
I know a lot of people that don't go anymore because of things like this, so yes we need a new home for the mariners and sooner the better IMHO

I agree with you with regard to a need for a stadium but for me it's a case of not until we are in the Football League.

The longer we are in this league, the harder it will be to attract the fanbase to justify it. One might argue that there is scope for greater income. My argument is mismanagement has significantly depleted our commercial income streams by being in this league. If we sort things out and regain the money that we used to get from being in the football league, the deficit wouldn't be as big as it is now anyway.

Sort things out on the pitch first and lets get out of this league.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 123
davmariner
August 1, 2014, 4:41pm
Vodka Drinker
For the avoidance of confusion Mr Fenty, I'm talking about mismanagement in the last two years that we were in the Football League on the football side of things.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 123
mariner83
August 1, 2014, 4:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ackomariner

You might like pi$$ over the floor! I don't . Plus the smell is embedded into the concrete floor, but if you live like an animal, that's fine

Err?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 89 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Clubs Relocation

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.