Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread vs Nuneaton!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

Match thread vs Nuneaton!

This thread currently has 19,967 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Alfie
March 23, 2014, 2:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Disley is the new Stuart Campbell. So underrated.

One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 177
Mariners_15
March 23, 2014, 2:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris

I think it is quite easy to see why he is starting, 10 goals.

Yes he has scored goals this season but anyone who has been to a fair few games this season will admit he's been poor and a shadow of the player he's been for us the previous 2 seasons. That't not being harsh on Diz either as I swear I saw an article not long ago where he admitted he hasn't been at his best this season (or something along those lines). Along with LJL though he seems undroppable for some reason? Kerr and Thanoj on Tuesday for me, Thanoj IMO can feel hard done by being dropped yesterday...he has been one of our best players in the past few weeks despite missing some key chances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 177
FishOutOfWater
March 23, 2014, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mariners_15

Yes he has scored goals this season but anyone who has been to a fair few games this season will admit he's been poor and a shadow of the player he's been for us the previous 2 seasons. That't not being harsh on Diz either as I swear I saw an article not long ago where he admitted he hasn't been at his best this season (or something along those lines). Along with LJL though he seems undroppable for some reason? Kerr and Thanoj on Tuesday for me, Thanoj IMO can feel hard done by being dropped yesterday...he has been one of our best players in the past few weeks despite missing some key chances.

Chance have come his way I admit but I'm not sure he's missed any sitters though...there was a volley I remember that he might have done better with if he'd taken it down and been more composed and then another opportunity in the same game when he side-footed the ball instead of going for power and putting his foot through the ball

Easy for me to say I guess but he might have done better with both of those but his "misses" were nowhere near as bad as some of those that the Shop and Disley failed to put away in recent games

I too would like to see him back in again for another chance because once again all this start a couple of games and then not figure can't help with his development - but on the flip side he's not a junior any more so when he does get the chance maybe he should sieze it and make sure he can't be the one to be dropped again
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 172 - 177
Rodley Mariner
March 23, 2014, 3:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Alfie
Disley is the new Stuart Campbell. So underrated.

One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

Agreed. Only have to see how we miss him when he's not there to see what he brings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 177
ackomariner
March 23, 2014, 4:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Agreed. Only have to see how we miss him when he's not there to see what he brings.

But not playing on the left anymore please. Play him where he can hurt teams, but yes he would always be in my team

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 177
Neilo83
March 23, 2014, 4:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
We had a flare in our end yesterday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 177
barralad
March 23, 2014, 7:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Neilo83
We had a flare in our end yesterday?

Yeah we did-a blue one! Dead clever seeing as they play in blue

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 177
chicaneuk
March 23, 2014, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from monkeyboy
the most confusing selection for me is disley, why on earth he is starting is beyong me, not the player he was and now reminds me of jamie clarke. lets be honest he's been gash all season. thanoj and kerr for me but we need someone in the centre mid better than the ginger bloke.!

Really not sure what's happened to Disley lately. Even he knows it, judging by his recent interview on Radio Humberside. His form has really tailed off. That said though I do still agree with some of the above posts - he's a real workhorse and would definitely still be a first choice for me.

Quoted from barralad

Yeah we did-a blue one! Dead clever seeing as they play in blue

Think they let off three blue flares (well, smoke bombs) all told. Did seem a bit daft given it matched the Nuneaton shirt colours!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 177
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread vs Nuneaton!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.