Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread vs Nuneaton!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 124 Guests

Match thread vs Nuneaton!

This thread currently has 19,939 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
March 22, 2014, 6:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

He has a pretty thankless task really; when we lose or draw his ability to do the job is questioned and some label him incompetent or worse but when we win he's fortunate.

Spot on! It is always Hurst's fault for being a useless tactician, and today is just Hurst getting lucky with his useless tactics.  But even with that and our poor run of form we are 5th with still some games in hand! On that basis he is either very lucky or not quite as bad as is made out. There are still issues to be dealt with but some should not be so keen to jump on him every time we have a poor result!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 177
chaos33
March 22, 2014, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

He has a pretty thankless task really; when we lose or draw his ability to do the job is questioned and some label him incompetent or worse but when we win he's fortunate.

Jeez, I didn't say he was fortunate to win did I. The point was - if we'd lost or drawn that game he would have been given a lot of stick for the changes he made to the team. Because we won the game, he probably won't have to face that lashing. Ok?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 177
easypeersy
March 22, 2014, 6:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I could only tell what was going on by BBC text and it looked exceptionally unconvincing against a team of part timers. However we deserved to win last Tuesday so I would say what goes around comes around. Nice to beat Nuneaton for a change! Would be amazed if we beat Luton but whatever happens it'll be a great atmosphere. From then on we have a run of easy on paper games right to the end of the season so should be in the mix. Then... A complete lottery!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 177
RoboCod
March 22, 2014, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from easypeersy
I could only tell what was going on by BBC text and it looked exceptionally unconvincing against a team of part timers. However we deserved to win last Tuesday so I would say what goes around comes around. Nice to beat Nuneaton for a change! Would be amazed if we beat Luton but whatever happens it'll be a great atmosphere. From then on we have a run of easy on paper games right to the end of the season so should be in the mix. Then... A complete lottery!

A team of part timers 4th in the table with 61 points and above us! I'll give Hursty some credit today, our record against them is awful, they're big and physical and how many times has that been our undoing? I'll win ugly against these teams and be delighted, no moaning from me,it's how we set out against Luton that will be interesting because they play better football and we're more than capable of matching them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 177
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 22, 2014, 6:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I know we won and I don't know anything about what happened in the game because I was at work, but I still feel a bit annoyed that he took thanoj out the team but left disley in, thanoj seemed to be really coming good last few games, some really nice passes, finally looked ready. Even if disley did ok today, just irritates me that we have someone in our team who's guaranteed a place no matter what.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 177
nightrider
March 22, 2014, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
A great 3 points. That's the only positive I can take from the game. I can't remember us playing so poorly and winning.
Whatever you think of the manager, he must be on borrowed time - only promotion can save him.
Rodmans goal was a nice strike. He does quite well when presented with a chance.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 177
monkeyboy
March 22, 2014, 7:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
the most confusing selection for me is disley, why on earth he is starting is beyong me, not the player he was and now reminds me of jamie clarke. lets be honest he's been gash all season. thanoj and kerr for me but we need someone in the centre mid better than the ginger bloke.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 177
petethemariner
March 22, 2014, 7:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Very important win, but sounded like a real struggle, i think the thing that disappoints a lot of
fans is that we rarely totally dominate games and the inability to dominate opponents usually
comes back to haunt you in the important games (eg Newport in the play offs). We really need
to start keeping the ball better, moving opponents around and cutting out the often
unnecessary hoofball to LJL, because that usually results in possession lost.
Hurst has done OK, but his tactics and team selection do baffle and disenchant a lot of fans,
none of us will care if we get back into the FL playing that way, but  either way ,FL or conference,
we still need to look at fresh tactics and ideas for next season IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 177
LongEatonMariner
March 22, 2014, 7:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Id assume the reason Disley started instead of Thanoj is that he is more physical and Thanoj has gone hiding in more physical games in the past. Don't get me wrong I think Thanoj deserves a run in the side, but I can see the nanager's reasoning.

Anyway, irrespective of performance a great result!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 177
BIGChris
March 23, 2014, 2:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from monkeyboy
the most confusing selection for me is disley, why on earth he is starting is beyong me, .!

I think it is quite easy to see why he is starting, 10 goals.
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 177
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread vs Nuneaton!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.