Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 182 Guests

Just Back...

This thread currently has 9,503 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner21
December 29, 2013, 7:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Yep colbeck is definitely not lazy!

A little thick maybe but he gives his all every time he plays. Sadly he lacks quality which is understandable at this level.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
marinette
December 29, 2013, 10:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Echo the sentiments of those who've already welcomed you back Marinette

Always enjoy(ed) your input...your posts were frequently a beacon of light in the past dark days

Hopefully we're on the up this season but you can still provide us with some balance with your interesting and informative contributions to the "new" Fishy  

Thank you - that's very kind.  (Not sure I'll be able to live up to it, though!      )

I'll be honest - it did feel weird on here after the big 'shut-down' and 'reopening'.  I decided to go wandering off in search of some interesting politics (if there is such a thing).  During my travels I encountered some people who swear blind that David Cameron is a Marxist.  Hmmm...in hindsight, perhaps it's not so weird on here after all.     

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
chaos33
December 29, 2013, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from cleefish
It was a hard game against twelve men IMHO Cook and Coulbeck  need to ship out their to lazy  don't turn up half the game.

He's called Colbeck FFS. COlbeck, NOT Coulbeck. He's never been called Coulbeck and never will he be called Coulbeck. It's Joe Colbeck. Christ, he's only been playing for us for 2 years.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
Abdul19
December 29, 2013, 11:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33

He's called Colbeck FFS. COlbeck, NOT Coulbeck. He's never been called Coulbeck and never will he be called Coulbeck. It's Joe Colbeck. Christ, he's only been playing for us for 2 years.

On a similar note, I get annoyed by people calling John-Lewis 'Lewis'.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
Tom13
December 29, 2013, 11:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Abdul19

And people who used to call Bradley Wood 'Woods'!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
diehardmariner
December 30, 2013, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,396
Gold Stars: 532
Bad day at the office.  Missed key players and we did seem a bit lethargic after the physical battering at Lincoln.

MacDonald, Kerr and LJL are at the spine of the team.  3 changes from that (enforced or not), is always going to have an impact.   Add to that two further parts of the 'spine' picking up knocks two days before -  Pearson taking a whack on his ribs and Disley doing well to not suffer a broken leg.  

We were poor.  The players who came in look like they lack games and sharpness.   Whenever you rest players, this is a risk you take.

We were never going to go unbeaten until the end of the season.  We've gone two-and-a-half months unbeaten, you don't do that with a team that isn't good enough.  Worst thing we can do is make changes for changes sake, panic and bring in another Brodie or Devitt.  

Reaction has to come in the form of another run of wins.  Not bringing in players who might not improve us but also upset the balance of the team.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
LongEatonMariner
December 30, 2013, 6:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tom13

And people who used to call Bradley Wood 'Woods'!

Don't get me started on who Macca is!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
RoboCod
December 30, 2013, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Why can't we have some of the simple Town names of the past. Like Czuczman.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
The Yard Dog
December 30, 2013, 6:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from diehardmariner
[/b]Bad day at the office.  Missed key players and we did seem a bit lethargic after the physical battering at Lincoln.

MacDonald, Kerr and LJL are at the spine of the team.  3 changes from that (enforced or not), is always going to have an impact.   Add to that two further parts of the 'spine' picking up knocks two days before -  Pearson taking a whack on his ribs and Disley doing well to not suffer a broken leg.  

We were poor.  The players who came in look like they lack games and sharpness.   Whenever you rest players, this is a risk you take.

We were never going to go unbeaten until the end of the season.  We've gone two-and-a-half months unbeaten, you don't do that with a team that isn't good enough.  Worst thing we can do is make changes for changes sake, panic and bring in another Brodie or Devitt.  

Reaction has to come in the form of another run of wins.  Not bringing in players who might not improve us but also upset the balance of the team[b]

A very good summary.
The changes were forced by injuries,during a physical encounter at Sincil Bank (cannot play so lets kick the sh_t out off every team). I would have started Neilson rather than bringing on as a sub, he struggled to get into the game on Saturday.

I will open another debate,due to playing on Thursday against Kidderminster, meant we did not have a game on Saturday.  Some of the players went to Newcastle for the weekend, should they have stayed local and gone out to a restaurant together?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
grimsby pete
December 30, 2013, 6:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Abdul19

Bobby Cumming played for Town for years and he has been retired for years,

Yet people still call him Cummings,

Its NOT CUMMINGS ITS   CUMMING!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.