Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 346 Guests

Just Back...

This thread currently has 9,520 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
December 28, 2013, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,583
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from marinette

Thought it was perhaps a bit of a wake-up call for us, as Macclesfield looked fresher, faster and fitter for the majority of the game.  We've been cruising just recently and the results have been coming right for us - the fact that we were losing badly today suddenly seemed to hit home, and our players reacted brilliantly.  It shows real character to stage a comeback like that, even if it didn't last.

Reading Pete's post above made me think again though - probably had a bit of the stuffing knocked out of us at Lincoln, which was only two days ago.  Did Macc play Boxing day as well?  (Their game might not have been as physically and mentally gruelling as ours - don't know - they certainly looked more lively and in control.)

Anyway, perhaps we needed a result like that to keep us on our toes.  Hope it doesn't do our league push too much damage.  McKeown my MOM.

Yeah they played Hyde who are dogshite and not rough as fook like Lincoln. I do think Lincoln knocking the stuffing out us affected us today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
mariner91
December 28, 2013, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Oh and Cook shouldn't start again for a while. He just doesn't look like a footballer, I know he scored some goals last year but he offered nothing today other than a few flick ons. He can control it better with his head than his feet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
GrimRob
December 28, 2013, 6:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That Kissock is a decent player too.

he's not known as the non-league Messi for nothing

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 72
Marinerz93
December 28, 2013, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I was hoping that we at least got a point from this game but on the balance of play, Macc deserved their win.  On another note it was glorious to see the Gimps smashed 5-1 by the Shaymen.  Alfreton are on a great run and 8,500 saw Luton smash Kidderminster 6-0.

I hope the lads see the Gimps result and try and go for a cricket score, could we see more than 5 against the Gimps at BP?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
Abdul19
December 28, 2013, 7:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,528
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from GrimRob

he's not known as the non-league Messi for nothing

Not often Messi's on the bench!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
mariner91
December 28, 2013, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
I was hoping that we at least got a point from this game but on the balance of play, Macc deserved their win.  On another note it was glorious to see the Gimps smashed 5-1 by the Shaymen.  Alfreton are on a great run and 8,500 saw Luton smash Kidderminster 6-0.

I hope the lads see the Gimps result and try and go for a cricket score, could we see more than 5 against the Gimps at BP?

No, we don't look dangerous enough from open play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
moosey_club
December 28, 2013, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
They looked fresher, had the numbers in midfield to free up Whitaker to dictate the play, at 33 he has all the experience and as a Man Utd product has the basic elements of control and passing.
We massively missed Kerr as Paddy just not upto the job.

Good fight back but when we levelled it we sat off again and i dont think the subsitutions helped if anything we lost momentum.

Just ahve to start another run now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 72
barralad
December 28, 2013, 7:43pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Cannot add very much to what's been said. I got a feeling of deja vu from last season when we lost Niven for a few games and didn't seem able to replace him. I thought we missed Kerr today in the same way. Pure speculation on my part but I don't think their number 23 would have had the freedom he had today had Kerr been in our side.

Oh and never have I seen substitutions have less positive impact than they did today. Apart from one mazy run I cannot think of much Neilson did to help the cause and Southwell looked way off the pace...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
brad_gtfc
December 28, 2013, 7:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
We lost to the better team on the day. Other than a 15 minute spell around our goals we were poor. We looked tired not only physically but mentally, even Pearsons decision making today wasn't up to his best and usually he's a class above everyone.
Missed Kerr in midfield. Disley and Paddy just didn't get the right balance in there hence Whittaker having so much time and space, he looked a cut above everybody on that pitch.
Would definitely agree with whats being said about needing more firepower. Cook was absolutely abysmal today.

All in all, it's not the end of the world and that 'free-kick' was deserving of winning any game, we lost to a better side on the day, just important how we bounce back against Lincoln.
Also can't believe fans who boo the team, really annoys me, pathetic people.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
cmackenzie4
December 28, 2013, 8:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Just can't get my head round why any Town fan would boo us.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.