Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 306 Guests

Just Back...

This thread currently has 9,481 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
December 28, 2013, 5:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from ginnywings
We don't score enough from open play and the strikers don't score enough generally. Too reliant on set plays for my liking.

Hannah, LJL and Cook have 12 goals between them and Hearn is still second top scorer with 5, despite hardly kicking a ball. Hannah has a few pens as well.

We need more firepower and another defender in Jan.

Yeah,  when we were 3-2 down I looked at the LJL-Southwell combo and just thought 'nah'!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
Alfie
December 28, 2013, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Fair play to Macclesfield. Better team on the day. Considering their budget is smaller than Lincoln's, you've got to give them credit for knocking it about and trying to attack. Said just before the free-kick that they'd be gutted if they didn't win it. Whitaker could be one to look at in the summer - looked a class above.

Cook, Colbeck and Paddy did little to earn their place in the side. Cook looked a shadow of his former self and i'm bemused as to why Colbeck seemed so tired...?!

That said, not sure anyone came out with much credit really. Would've been a very cheeky point had we got it.

Important to empathise that, with results elsewhere, it's not the end of the world and only one defeat. A good rest and back on with it on NYD.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
Garth
December 28, 2013, 5:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Thought a draw would have been a fair result being as we fought back from a two goal deficit, can`t say they were lucky just sharper than us on the day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 72
gobby
December 28, 2013, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Weak first half, got better for 20 minutes in the 2nd and fought well to draw level then did not keep the pressure on as they were crumbling and allowed them back into it. Weak Referee.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
oldun
December 28, 2013, 6:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I must say I am pleased with the comments on here so far. No one is on the teams back. Shows how far we have come in terms of being behind the teams. I have watched football for long enough to understand that these games and results happen from time to time and we just need to stick together and go again. On the day we were well short but did well to get back level. Thing was to many players had an off day and we really missed Scott Kerr to keep possession in midfield and control things. Agree with all the comments about Macc captain, Whitaker who was excellent in midfield, he picked up all the loose balls and started most of their attacks, having said that we gave him acres of room and nobody picked him up all game. The winning free kick looked a bit of a gift but was well taken and on the day Macc deserved to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
marinette
December 28, 2013, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Two games in two days is hard enough,

BUT

When you have been kicked all over the place in the first game,

We can forgive the players for not being at their best.

Thought it was perhaps a bit of a wake-up call for us, as Macclesfield looked fresher, faster and fitter for the majority of the game.  We've been cruising just recently and the results have been coming right for us - the fact that we were losing badly today suddenly seemed to hit home, and our players reacted brilliantly.  It shows real character to stage a comeback like that, even if it didn't last.

Reading Pete's post above made me think again though - probably had a bit of the stuffing knocked out of us at Lincoln, which was only two days ago.  Did Macc play Boxing day as well?  (Their game might not have been as physically and mentally gruelling as ours - don't know - they certainly looked more lively and in control.)

Anyway, perhaps we needed a result like that to keep us on our toes.  Hope it doesn't do our league push too much damage.  McKeown my MOM.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 72
gobby
December 28, 2013, 6:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from marinette

Thought it was perhaps a bit of a wake-up call for us, as Macclesfield looked fresher, faster and fitter for the majority of the game.  We've been cruising just recently and the results have been coming right for us - the fact that we were losing badly today suddenly seemed to hit home, and our players reacted brilliantly.  It shows real character to stage a comeback like that, even if it didn't last.

Reading Pete's post above made me think again though - probably had a bit of the stuffing knocked out of us at Lincoln, which was only two days ago.  Did Macc play Boxing day as well?  (Their game might not have been as physically and mentally gruelling as ours - don't know - they certainly looked more lively and in control.)

Anyway, perhaps we needed a result like that to keep us on our toes.  Hope it doesn't do our league push too much damage.  McKeown my MOM.

And its nice to see you back posting young lady.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
marinette
December 28, 2013, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gobby

And its nice to see you back posting young lady.
UTMM

Thanks gobby.  

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
cmackenzie4
December 28, 2013, 6:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
That Kissock is a decent player too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
GrimRob
December 28, 2013, 6:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We gifted them the first goal and did well to come back and looked the likely winner especially after then pen save. Stunning winner, he'll  be telling his grandchildren about that (I won't mine though). Need 3 points against Lincoln.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.