Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Signings that excited you but turned out poor
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Signings that excited you but turned out poor

This thread currently has 18,871 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
February 5, 2013, 11:58am
Guest User
Lee Ashcroft as he cost us 500k and didn't live up to that fee, I know he didn't set the fee but 500k is a lot of money for GTFC to pay for a player.

Ben Futcher wasn't his father. He had no chance to be fair. He was never going to live up to his father who I worship like a God - in fact if I wasn't so lazy I would stalk the man.
Reply: 10 - 95
topuphere666
February 5, 2013, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Ademeno - he sounded awesome! Big powerful and fast. He let us down massively!

I was also excited when Newell was installed as manager! Well, we all know how that one turned out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
Les Brechin
February 5, 2013, 12:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Barry Conlon!

After his loan spell here I thought he'd be a great permanent signing. Turned out just to be a drunk up loser.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 95
aaron rattray
February 5, 2013, 12:13pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I expected more from Nick colgan, can anybody name a starting 11

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
BlackandWhiteBarmy
February 5, 2013, 12:27pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Laurens Ten Heuvel ex Ajax youth, Premiership appearances etc. He was just rubbish.

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
shotandcursed
February 5, 2013, 12:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Akpa-Akpro. . . Sounded exotic, he scored a belter that was on youtube, seemed to promiae so much but never quite made it here... I wonder how he would have faired in a confident team under scott and hurst.

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
Gainsbro_Mariner
February 5, 2013, 12:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Neil Webb...ex Man United, Forest and England

John Thorrington...was overly excited when we signed him, I remember him being Huddersfield's key man the year before we got him, he must have played 3 or 4 games and was released.

Paul Robinson..ex Newcastle and Wimbledon, simply woeful.

Dare I say it yet..maybe its a little bit harsh as he hasn't had a chance yet but when we signed Simon Ford in the summer I was majorly impressed, and its now February and he hasn't kicked a ball since pre-season and its not as if he's been injured.

Mickael Buscher..had played for France at U16, U17 and U18 level..was released after not even making the bench.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 95
Les Brechin
February 5, 2013, 12:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
I remember back in the mid-80's we signed a chap called Brian Rice on loan from Forest. Had decent credentials and had played under Cloughy for a number of years. I think he only played about 3 or 4 games before he went back. He was very, very average.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
Gainsbro_Mariner
February 5, 2013, 12:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
John Lukic jnr - The son of ex Arsenal and Leeds keeper of the same name, came to us from Forest where he had earned a few rave reviews, came to Town sat on the bench for three quarters of the season before being released..and seemingly vanishing. I don't even think he played anywhere else at even semi-pro level

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
paddymariners
February 5, 2013, 1:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from shotandcursed
Akpa-Akpro. . . Sounded exotic, he scored a belter that was on youtube, seemed to promiae so much but never quite made it here... I wonder how he would have faired in a confident team under scott and hurst.

Would never call him poor and has pretty much proved that since leaving. Currently scoring goals for a club that's top of league 1.And don't forget he canned us, not the other way round. With better management he would have been much more effective for Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Signings that excited you but turned out poor

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.