Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your top 5 Greatest Town games of all time !
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Your top 5 Greatest Town games of all time !

This thread currently has 13,236 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
tashee69
January 26, 2013, 1:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yeah I know, but after 90 minutes when Chesterfield were 2-1 up in the replay, they were announcing details of travel and ticket details for their fans.

They wouldn't have to travel though because the winners were at home to Sheff Utd

Just modifying this. I think I've misunderstood you. I thought you meant the travel to the next round.  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
ginnywings
January 26, 2013, 1:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Meza
Ginny is that the one were Birtles scored from a freekick if so I was stood on the bar in the ponnie and watched the ball curl into the top corner it was epic, but didn't we lose the 2nd leg 2 / 3 nil

To be honest, i can't remember that particular goal, but we won 3-1 and lost the second leg 3-0, so going out 4-3 on aggregate.

Dave Smith and Steve Livingstone were in the Coventry team and the replay was memorable for Kevin Drinkell scoring on his debut for Coventry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
Quagmire
January 26, 2013, 5:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Surprised nobody has mentioned the away game at Burnley that took us to Wembley.  All I remember is the ball leaving Kev Donovan's boot and going absolutely mental.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
barralad
January 26, 2013, 10:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from promotion plaice
One of the best, Town 7 Darlington 2
Town 6 0 up at half time.
Can't remember exact year but in the 1980s.
Also went to rochdale about the same time when town where fighting for the fourth division championship and came from 2 0 down to win 5 2.
Its the only game I have ever been to where the fans changed ends at half time.

Both 78/79. The Darlo game my mate missed the first half and we didn't let on with the score. The poor sod saw us lose the second half 2-1. John Stone scored for them that night.

The Rochdale game was my 21st. birthday and I fell asleep on the steps of the old ABC cinema (where McDonald's is for the younger element) and missed the bus.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
barralad
January 26, 2013, 11:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

To be honest, i can't remember that particular goal, but we won 3-1 and lost the second leg 3-0, so going out 4-3 on aggregate.

Dave Smith and Steve Livingstone were in the Coventry team and the replay was memorable for Kevin Drinkell scoring on his debut for Coventry.

And Tony Rees getting himself sent off in the first couple of minutes!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
ginnywings
January 27, 2013, 10:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

And Tony Rees getting himself sent off in the first couple of minutes!

I had no recollection of that until you pointed it out, and of course i meant second leg, not replay as i typed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your top 5 Greatest Town games of all time !

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.