Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Which team do we hate the most?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Which team do we hate the most?

This thread currently has 15,055 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 26, 2012, 8:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from grimps
Hull was always our biggest derby back in the day ,the gods of relegation and promotion have kept us apart for 25 years but they was always the one for me.We was a bigger club than them back in the 80s and usually got better gates.They was always a rugby town and its only recently they have fancied themselves at football.
I still hope that one day we'll meet them again in the same league with us having a new stadium packed to a 15000 capacity and us taking 4000 to there place.

Scunthorpe just hate us ,even if you meet a non football fan they hate Grimsby and anything to do with it ,they are a bit like the Scottish with a chip on their shoulders about us.The feeling was never the same and until we became a lower league club I never really had any feelings towards them.

Lincoln ive always had a bit of a soft spot for ,their fans and people are usually fair minded and the City itself is a nice place.

All the Yorkshire clubs was treated as derby games by us and we never took many less than at least 2000  and up to 7000 anywhere in Yorkshire.to be fair the likes of barnsley ,Hudds, sheff clubs leeds Bradford always brought good crowds to us too.

Ive never really known us take less than our alloction to any of our derby games ,even pre season its rare for us to take less than a 1000 to any of them .Hull ,Lincon and Scunny have rarely ever brought the same amount to us

spot on that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
BottesfordMariner
November 26, 2012, 9:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Lincoln is our biggest rival now 'cos we're in the same league- i dont hate them but clearly would like to see us stuff 'em over xmas.

Scunny and 'ull would be bigger rivals if we played them. Hull would be our biggest natural rival , north/south river divide yorkshire/Lincolnshire , fishing etc but the truth is in my lifetime of supporting the mariner s(about 36 seasons) i can only think of a handful when we've actually played them.

As i live in Scuntland these days i wish for the day when we can play(and beat ) them again. But historically i never had a beef with them as we were usually the team in a higher division.

For me Sheff Wed & Barnsley and too a degree Sheff U were the teams I saw as our biggest rivals.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
aaron rattray
November 26, 2012, 9:19pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from shotandcursed

Yes in the 80's. . . 84?

I remember a write up in the GET about disgusting Leeds fans urinating in the street and sleeping on the beach!

They should of been washed away

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 26, 2012, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Scunts, ull, Wendy, sheep u, I think they are the main ones

Always disliked anything Newcastle! And the west brom and stoke rivalry that goes back to the 90's was always there.

There seems to be something happening with derby at the mo where they hate us!!
Oh, I fooking can't Stand Leeds or man ure!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
Southernboy
November 26, 2012, 9:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Reading - live here and can't stand 'em, little club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
grimsby pete
November 27, 2012, 6:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I do not hate any team,

BUT

Dislike any other teams fans coming on here taking the pis s,

BTW  where have all the scunts gone ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
Les Brechin
November 27, 2012, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from GrimRob
In reality personally I hate armchair plastic fans more than anyone who makes the effort to turn out and watch their team even a handful of times of year in the big games. People who call Liverpool or Chelsea "we" when they've never been to a game or even the city in question really gets my goat far more than anyone who watches their team play. A big night for these people is to go down the pub and watch their team with like minded saddos. If only they could just appreciate what it's like to go to a live game!

But if we have to hate anyone I would say it varies depending on who is in the same division as us. At the moment it's Lincoln. Hopefully Scunny will be soon! Hull being Yorkies in principle should be the most hated but it has been so long that we've played them, it's hard to summon up much hatred for them.

That really annoys me too. There's a plastic Manc who works at our place and on Monday morning he always going on about "we" this and "we" that and AFAIK he's never been to a single Man Utd game.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
Mariners_15
November 28, 2012, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aldi_01
Contrary to what Lincoln fans would like to believe very few town fans actually seethed as rivals. Only in recent years have we really took any notice of them.

I hate scunny but actually detest hull, not just the team but the place.

Completely agree, their constant jibes of 'it's your cup final' do not fool me at all, it's quite obvious whenever we play them we come out on top most times so they use that as their excuse, bless them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
STB
November 28, 2012, 11:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from lukeo
not exactly team but PEOPLE who support teams that they never go watch nor have any connection to except "my dads brothers father got me supporting them" .. Yeah, because he is a glory hunting girl private to.

That'll be their grandad then.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
mariner91
November 28, 2012, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from STB

That'll be their grandad then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Which team do we hate the most?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.