Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 52 Guests

Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

This thread currently has 22,075 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
September 13, 2012, 1:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I will be leaving a message and a scarf at BP on Saturday in memory of the 96, every football fan in the country should support the families in there fight for justice. Football fans unite together when something like this happens, whatever club we support. As football supporters we all have something in common, passion for our clubs. Its only in events like Hillsborough when we unite into one big club.
The people of Liverpool are a inspiration to all, what the families and the City of Liverpool have to endure over the 23 years, to achieve yesterday's statement and apology from Prime Minister was unbelievable.
We can help by applying public pressure so that the people at fault, who lied and involved in the cover-up in make believe stories are bought to justice.
Let's not forget these people will probably had a prosperous career's over the last 23 years, living out their life's with their loved ones, while the families of the 96 have had to fight to clear their loved names. RIP Hillsborough 96 forever in our memories and UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 127
paddymariners
September 13, 2012, 2:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from marinerian

I agree 100% Pete. In a situation like that no one will know how they would react! It is clear the higher ranked officers saw they were in the excrement and started to act to cover up the excrement they had helped to start.

One paramedic was allowed in the ground in his ambulence, he stated the situation would have been far less grave if the other 40 paramedic teams had been allowed in the ground.

I read an interview with a Forest fan, he mentioned they thought Liverpool fans were running on to attack them, within seconds they realised there was something terribly wrong, they were prevented from trying to help (this could be forgiven as the 80's had seen many issues with fans) the liverpool fans.

Those responsible have shown no remorse they have had 23 years of keeping this badly kept lie and now they can be seen and the cover up will unfold as every bit of evidence will now be combed through.

Also some MP's like the baffoon Borris Johnson, owe the families and every resident of Merseyside an appology!

The Sun should be made to pay for what they wrote, the callous sick b******* wrote some horrific and very painful lies.

I was 8 years old when it happend, I remember coming home from the DIY shop and seeing on BBC Grandstand the scenes, of grown men carrying stretches and running as fast as they could, police looking gobsmaked, the one ambulence driver surrounded by pointing fans who were desperate to save their family,freiends and fellow fans.

As a kid I liked Liverpool and Town. I remember asking dad if we could go to the game at HILLSBOROUGH but mum wanted the house decorated and my dad luckily went with mums view. It was a dark day and one we should never forget!

I hope those who saved their own skin, end up serving very long stretches in Prisons near Merseyside!

Oh! the irony.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 127
sam gy
September 13, 2012, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

Yep, let's blame the police.  Of course it was nothing to do with thousands of drunken ticketless fans, or a stadium without a safety certificate, or inadequate emergency services, or invisible stewards.

You seem to belittle the people who blame the police, but at the same time blame 'inadequate emergency services'....last time I checked the police are an emergency service?

Aaron's statement was aimed at the Sun and the police, who claimed supporters urinated on the police and stole from the dead/injured. All absolute balderdash.

And yes, i'm sure there was fans that turned up without tickets, but it is the police force's job to deal with the crowd, and they completely failed.

Nobody is blaming the officers who where there that day, who had to experience it first hand, follow orders and by all accounts tried their best to help the victims. It's the powers that be at the top which are the problem, and the despicable lies they told in the aftermath.

If there are any positives (for want of a better word) to be taken from the Hillsborough Disaster, it's the highlighting of the facts that the Government and Police WILL lie and push blame onto the public to save their own faces, and that the public should always reserve the right to question authority.

Justice for the 96.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 127
RoboCod
September 13, 2012, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Kelvim McKenzie should be harassed for the rest of his life unless he's taken to task. A more arrogant, odious man could not be found on this planet. He has no genuine compassion and his apologies are a sham, more akin to someone who has been caught out and is staring at a looming courtroom.
He has form too, using his editorial might to walk over anyone he likes (see Peter Czech link), then claims a 'misunderstanding' when proven to be lying...he shames the UK media.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1567233/Kelvin-MacKenzie-libelled-Petr-Cech-over-dog.html

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 127
GodHelpUs
September 13, 2012, 2:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from The Yard Dog
I will be leaving a message and a scarf at BP on Saturday in memory of the 96, every football fan in the country should support the families in there fight for justice. Football fans unite together when something like this happens, whatever club we support. As football supporters we all have something in common, passion for our clubs. Its only in events like Hillsborough when we unite into one big club.
The people of Liverpool are a inspiration to all, what the families and the City of Liverpool have to endure over the 23 years, to achieve yesterday's statement and apology from Prime Minister was unbelievable.
We can help by applying public pressure so that the people at fault, who lied and involved in the cover-up in make believe stories are bought to justice.
Let's not forget these people will probably had a prosperous career's over the last 23 years, living out their life's with their loved ones, while the families of the 96 have had to fight to clear their loved names. RIP Hillsborough 96 forever in our memories and UTM.

What he said.  After 23 years we have had the truth...now is the time for justice. The Attorney General should put the legal wheels in motion to enable the inquest verdicts to be quashed and the cases reheard. Any police officers who are still alive (whether serving or not) who were responsible for altering statements should be charged with perverting the course of justice and, whenever appropriate, compensation should be paid including (if necessary) by News International.

We have known for many years, of course, that the fans present at the game were not responsible for what happened but what I certainly didn't appreciate the lengths to which South Yorkshire Police tampered with evidence and lobbied in order to deflect the blame.

A shameful episode for our nation and for our game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 127
GodHelpUs
September 13, 2012, 2:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from RoboCod
Kelvim McKenzie should be harassed for the rest of his life unless he's taken to task. A more arrogant, odious man could not be found on this planet. He has no genuine compassion and his apologies are a sham, more akin to someone who has been caught out and is staring at a looming courtroom.
He has form too, using his editorial might to walk over anyone he likes (see Peter Czech link), then claims a 'misunderstanding' when proven to be lying...he shames the UK media.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1567233/Kelvin-MacKenzie-libelled-Petr-Cech-over-dog.html

Agreed....a particularly despicable individual who personifies everything that has been wrong with the tabloids for the last few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 127
Super Clive
September 13, 2012, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Typical ExLeightonMariner being a total cont, just like he was the other week to Jonnyboy with his I earn x amount blah I've got a massive house but an half inch member blah blah twit.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 127
jock dock tower
September 14, 2012, 12:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
There but for the grace of God goes any number of football fans. We're football fans first and foremost, and our teams are usually pre destined (taken by parents) or fated by some other reason. We rarely make a logical choice on who it is we follow, so those of a certain age could just as easily have been at Hillsborough that day instead of Blundell Park.

It's important that we understand why things like this happen, and the people that we entrust with law enforcement are accountable. Let's not forget that this is the same Police force who were wholly discredited with widescale perjury for what happened during the 1984-85 miner's strike at Orgreave. There was a very clear correlation between the two. For football fas everywhere to have any confidence in law enforcement, those responsible for the cover up have to face justice. Anything less besmirches the deaths of the 96.

Lest we forget.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 127
AlanPoutonsTackle
September 14, 2012, 1:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
I am like everyone else pleased that the truth is out and there is some semi justice for the families I am however also inclined to apportion an amount of blame to anyone who has ever been involved in or condoned football hooliganism. The final factor that led to all these sad deaths was that because people could not behave at a sporting venue everyone was fenced in during those times like animals. without this they could have gone onto the pitch and there would have been no casualties.
This incident is the legacy of that era and the blame spreads like disease.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 127
marinette
September 14, 2012, 1:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jock dock tower
There but for the grace of God goes any number of football fans. We're football fans first and foremost, and our teams are usually pre destined (taken by parents) or fated by some other reason. We rarely make a logical choice on who it is we follow, so those of a certain age could just as easily have been at Hillsborough that day instead of Blundell Park.

It's important that we understand why things like this happen, and the people that we entrust with law enforcement are accountable. Let's not forget that this is the same Police force who were wholly discredited with widescale perjury for what happened during the 1984-85 miner's strike at Orgreave. There was a very clear correlation between the two. For football fas everywhere to have any confidence in law enforcement, those responsible for the cover up have to face justice. Anything less besmirches the deaths of the 96.

Lest we forget.

I think so too.  For too long, the '30 years' rule meant things could be hidden away until the general public had almost forgotten, or perhaps when the truth came out it was too late to do much about it.  Hillsborough justice is well overdue.  I hope the Freedom of Information Act will make the state more accountable to the population that elects it, but I do still wonder.

It's a struggle sometimes, but I try to force myself to think of 'agents of the state' like the police as just human beings in uniform.  Any position of power can corrupt, but I've known occasions, when there has been a potential 'us and them' situation, and when you get talking to 'them', they'll do something surprising, like offering a whole group of people cups of hot soup from their police van on a freezing cold day.  Another example: during last year's public sector strike, in a situation where there were legally too many pickets, a police officer approached only to say that he supported the strike 100%, and his own wife was on strike too.  So they have the potential to be with us, as well as against us.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.