Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

This thread currently has 22,022 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
A dingo stole my baby
September 13, 2012, 8:01am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
I live overseas and was not aware that a further report on the disaster was being undertaken until the last couple of days (I don’t follow UK news
as much as I once did) So please excuse my simple question: Where does this leave the Taylor Report and its findings?

Has that report now being discredited ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 127
Mrs Doyle
September 13, 2012, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To early yet mate, I think we are still in shock at some of the evidence that has been produced. One thing is for certain this will run and run now until the truth emerges.

There is no turning back now, there will be some very far reaching recommendations and heads will roll.

It could change the way we view football in the future.  I feel football has come a long way and in no way am I saying that trouble in the eighty's did not exist but I would say there are some back sides twitching in the FA circles and MP's ex or otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 127
carrot top
September 13, 2012, 8:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Trust the powers that be at your peril. The whole system is corrupt and they do not give a damn about the average citizen. I lost faith in the system years ago. Just a bunch of liars looking after their own ends. Thankfully people are beginning to wake up to the real truth

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 127
RoboCod
September 13, 2012, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I live overseas and was not aware that a further report on the disaster was being undertaken until the last couple of days (I don’t follow UK news
as much as I once did) So please excuse my simple question: Where does this leave the Taylor Report and its findings?

Has that report now being discredited ?

The Taylor report got a lot of things right and certainly started to turn the tide of blame against the fans ( for those who bothered to read it). I'm guessing they only had what they had handed to them to work on, which wasn't a whole lot when you see the documents yesterday so maybe it wil be nullified and started over from scratch. But a lot of the key findings in it will be maintained I would have thought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 127
Billybigbollox
September 13, 2012, 8:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE  DUCKENFIELD  THATCHER THE SUN hang your heads in shame

.... Finally the lies the cover ups will be shown for what they are and justice will be had 23 yrs to late

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 127
AndyGTFC
September 13, 2012, 9:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

Yep, let's blame the police.  Of course it was nothing to do with thousands of drunken ticketless fans, or a stadium without a safety certificate, or inadequate emergency services, or invisible stewards.

South Yorkshire Police orchestrated what is probably the biggest cover up in our country's history. How anyone can begin to make excuses for them is beyond me. Yes, there were a lot of little things that helped contribute to what happened but at the end of the day, the police failed in their care of duty and tried to cover it up, which is inexcusable.

I'm not doubting for a minute that there were SOME drunken and ticketless fans. It would be naive to think that there weren't because that happens at games even now, nevermind back then. However, they tried to spin it to make it seem like this was the majority and that they were the cause for what happened, when they weren't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 127
aaron rattray
September 13, 2012, 12:47pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I think some people should read the 389 page report because some people dont have a clue im on page 27

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 127
Ipswin
September 13, 2012, 12:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aaron rattray
I think some people should read the 389 page report because some people dont have a clue im on page 27

and knowing you, loving every minute of it - got to the gory bits yet Aaron? And you've read all the books on the disaster too? And you've watched all the video footage? Mmmm...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 127
Chrisblor
September 13, 2012, 1:03pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Ipswin

and knowing you, loving every minute of it - got to the gory bits yet Aaron? And you've read all the books on the disaster too? And you've watched all the video footage? Mmmm...

What the intercourse is wrong with you? That's disgusting.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 127
Ipswin
September 13, 2012, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Chrisblor

What the intercourse is wrong with you? That's disgusting.

I find Aaron's obvious predilection with this event in particular (he clearly isn't going to miss a single word - if only he paid as much attention to his English homework) and death and disaster in general to be disgusting

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Finally justice for the hillsborough victims

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.