Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

s n h - got this horrible feeling...

This thread currently has 21,930 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
August 24, 2012, 12:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
The  missing link in our team for years has been a midfielder who can pick a pass, not a square ball,or a pass back,any average player can do that, someone who can pick a pass that cuts into the opponents territory and then supports the attack, all we have had for years are holding midfielders and thats basically all we have now, you cannot fill your midfield with this type of player and expect success, a bit of flair is needed IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 99
barralad
August 24, 2012, 8:33am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from petethemariner
The  missing link in our team for years has been a midfielder who can pick a pass, not a square ball,or a pass back,any average player can do that, someone who can pick a pass that cuts into the opponents territory and then supports the attack, all we have had for years are holding midfielders and thats basically all we have now, you cannot fill your midfield with this type of player and expect success, a bit of flair is needed IMO

I honestly think Thanoj can do the job.  To say though that that is all we need is somewhat over simplifying the issue. Too many teams have come here over the past few seasons and had the run of midfield. No protection for the back four. In Niven we have at last someone who is ideally suited to preventing that from happening. Yes his distribution doesn't appear great but I can see him winning  balls for the likes of Thanoj and Artus to use. Where that leaves our "captain" I have no idea....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 99
voice of reason
August 24, 2012, 8:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Maybe its all Parkers fault ???????

If he had waited untill Cooper had signed for us as our manager,

Instead of resigning himself just as Cooper was about to sign,

We might  be back in the league already,

I bet Cooper wished he had signed now, after what happened at Darlo.

If S + H turns things round great !!!!!

If not, whats Cooper doing now ?

Jeez, some people...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 99
Rick12
August 25, 2012, 8:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano
that we may be at the beginning of the end with them.
i was (am still trying to be ) one of their biggest supporters but i am just starting to get this sinking feeling that they have not been able to make the step up to become successful bsp managers. i hate to say it but i'd probably put a couple of quid on them not being here by the end of the season. i really hope i'm wrong but 3 points every 2 games is their record and that's abysmal compared to what they've achieved before
judgement is still out for me        

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 99
Rick12
August 25, 2012, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from barralad

I honestly think Thanoj can do the job.  
agree  decent young player

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 99
cleefish
August 25, 2012, 9:54am
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6

One as to sit back and wonder who one might get if we did get rid of S&H apart from Slade myself I can't see a good or even better manager out there who is willing to step down and take on this club at this club at this level.
I am going to see a good game at Louth between them and Grimsby borough should be a good game utm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 99
GrimRob
August 25, 2012, 10:23am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
"Three games, we've only played three games"

Repeat until mental

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 99
lowerfindus
August 25, 2012, 11:01am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
I feel mental enough after three games without rubbing it in with a tune.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 99
topuphere666
August 25, 2012, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I've got to the stage on not caring who is in charge. I just want to see a long term improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 99
DarlingtonFC1883
August 29, 2012, 11:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Maybe its all Parkers fault ???????

If he had waited untill Cooper had signed for us as our manager,

Instead of resigning himself just as Cooper was about to sign,

We might  be back in the league already,

I bet Cooper wished he had signed now, after what happened at Darlo.

If S + H turns things round great !!!!!

If not, whats Cooper doing now ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Cooper isn't THAT good of a manager. His record at Tamworth is very poor. Yes, you could say that his record was very good at Kettering, but he was heavily backed by Ladak and a lot of these good results came in the Blue Square North.

Within 5 months of Cooper's tenure at Darlington, fans were calling for his head after draws against Eastbourne (9 men), and Bath City, as well as defeats at home to Wrexham and Hayes and Yeading. He turned it around and obviously got us to Wembley but our run wasn't exactly hard as we defeated Tamworth, Bath City, AFC Telford, Salisbury, Gateshead, and Mansfield. Not exactly hard when the semi-finalists and finalists both finished mid-table in the Conference, is it?

The season after, Cooper spunked a big budget and we failed. By the last few games we had gone back to basics, and he had traditionally brought in a few panic signings such as James Gray, Nialle Rodney, and his love-child Exodus Geohaghon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.