Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

s n h - got this horrible feeling...

This thread currently has 21,896 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
August 22, 2012, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
If we beat wrexham it will all be back to normal.

3 games in and we are all wallowing in self pity and taking the time to type on a gtfc message board how little we care.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 99
aldi_01
August 22, 2012, 5:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I do wonder why people do that too...if you don't care about moms thing why would you waste time whining on here, twitter etc...

The fact is, one of the reasons we've been shite the last few years is a lack of consistency and a chairman and a set a fans if the truth be told that panic if we don't win every game, even last year when we were doing well people moaned...

I wonder if Mansfield fans are sat wallowing in self pity and thinking about sacking their manager etc...

And as for Buckley, so what if he can get the team playing football, he's copulated when it comes to signing players...Matthew Haywood anyone? Richard hope?...need I say more. Get your heads out your arses and move on"if fenty does shoot his gun too early again then another new face is needed, not Arnold face withfew ideas and clearly a lack of knowledge of the transfer system...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 99
Rodley Mariner
August 22, 2012, 6:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from aldi_01
I do wonder why people do that too...if you don't care about moms thing why would you waste time whining on here, twitter etc...

I'm interested, I want us to do well. I'm still pleased when we win and cheesed off when we lose but at the moment I don't care whether we sack the managers or not as I don't think it'll make any difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 99
mariner91
August 22, 2012, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from psgmariner
If we beat wrexham it will all be back to normal.

3 games in and we are all wallowing in self pity and taking the time to type on a gtfc message board how little we care.

Of course everyone on here cares but in the past I used to think that decisions such as sacking the manager would make a difference to how good we are or not. Nowadays I just feel like we'll forever be shite no matter what.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 99
marinette
August 22, 2012, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Marinerz93

Your gut feeling was right about not Neweel so you get my vote  

No pressure then!     

I've no strong feelings either way about the managers (for once) but I think I would at least like to see them have a go at moulding all these new players they've brought in, before we have yet another upheaval and another crowd of new faces.  I'd like to see what the players can do (and hopefully it's better than what I saw last week) before the merry-go-round starts spinning out of control and it's all change yet again.  One doesn't have time to catch one's breath these days, does one?  

PS  Aldi, I might well wish I hadn't asked, but who is Arnold face?

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 99
TownSNAFU5
August 22, 2012, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,852
Gold Stars: 42
A very good thread this with some well-reasoned, sensible posts.

The managers have had some good "player resources" to work with.  This includes supposedly good players with pedigree.  Cook and Soares also scored plenty of goals last season.  Overall, this quad is better than most of our rivals.  Or rather (the crux) they "should" be better. Better on paper but not on grass.

Molding these different players into a winning team is the managers job.  The evidence of Sat showed that they are falling woefully short. I do not not why.   A quick fix is needed before everybodies patience wears out and changes are made.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 99
Marinerz93
August 22, 2012, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinette

No pressure then!     

I've no strong feelings either way about the managers (for once) but I think I would at least like to see them have a go at moulding all these new players they've brought in, before we have yet another upheaval and another crowd of new faces.  I'd like to see what the players can do (and hopefully it's better than what I saw last week) before the merry-go-round starts spinning out of control and it's all change yet again.  One doesn't have time to catch one's breath these days, does one?  

PS  Aldi, I might well wish I hadn't asked, but who is Arnold face?

I really want H&S to succeed too but I am more shocked at the lack of everything they said their teams would do.  The Stockport game reminded me so much of the first half of our relegation season and I guess H&S don't realise that.  It seems others are subconscious of that too and that's why we have had a turn of anger from the fans.

They need to get some points on the board and put in some very gritty performances.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 99
rancido
August 22, 2012, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
A very good thread this with some well-reasoned, sensible posts.

The managers have had some good "player resources" to work with.  This includes supposedly good players with pedigree.  Cook and Soares also scored plenty of goals last season.  Overall, this quad is better than most of our rivals.  Or rather (the crux) they "should" be better. Better on paper but not on grass.

Molding these different players into a winning team is the managers job.  The evidence of Sat showed that they are falling woefully short. I do not not why.   A quick fix is needed before everybodies patience wears out and changes are made.

You make some very good points but is there such a thing as a "quick fix" in the football world ? I don't think for one second that The Dynamic Duo send out a team of players to blatently under perform , which is what happened on Saturday. I just get the impression that , for whatever reason , when the team stepped out on the park they completely forgot what instructions they had been given for the game. I don't know what the answer is but if we do sack these two who will want to come here with our track record of sacking managers who don't succeed within 12 to 18 months? Don't forget that we only appointed these two because the 4 preferred candidates turned us down.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 99
chaos33
August 22, 2012, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I think that's a fair summing up SNAFU. I really do think that there is one man at the centre of our problems and he faces two choices - change or leave. Only good results can conceal that issue and it'll need confronting pretty soon. As you say, in a short while, everyone's patience will run out and there will be ugly scenes that will tarnish the club's credibility (just like falling out with interviewers, ranting at the crowd and your own players does). We really need to find a solution with these two (or try to asses if it would be possible to keep Hurst) because I'm also of the opinion that yet another sacking/changeover will set us back even further, and I already feel that we're almost back at 'square one' at this level. Only good results can prevent some more upheaval - it's possibly a little cruel that our forthcoming 2 games look very tough indeed (as does the month of September generally), on paper at least. Obviously the loss of Liam Hearn compounds that and means we might find it even tougher to be in some sort of contention - the bare minimum that this club should be setting as its objective.

I agree with others who have said that our squad looks strong, and we should be doing much better. What I want to see, and I think most people do too, is some sort of method to our play instead of hope-for-the-best, slow-paced, faltering, error-prone football. I also think the Chairman needs to think again before he blames the fans, and looks closer to home. There should be people at the club assessing the situation and their own attitudes in detail because we need quicker evolution; only then might we start to show some improvements. It had better happen very quickly - if it doesn't, there'll be tantrums, sackings, abuse and crippling attendance depreciation.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 99
ginnywings
August 22, 2012, 9:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I think they are falling between two stools.

They are now at a full time professional club with the biggest budget they have ever had and like kids in a sweet shop, they are acquiring players left right and centre that they could only have dreamed of getting at their old clubs.

These players are at a higher skill level than previous players they have managed but they are still trying to play a style more suited to players with limited ability. They have had lots of success in the past with a direct style but i think our players now are not happy with that style. They want to play football and are being told to be direct, against their natural tendencies.

Someone told me last season that Disley wasn't happy with the ball constantly flying over his head but can only play as instructed. I have no proof of this but it sounds feasible to me.

They just look lost and when things are not going well, the natural reaction from players is just to get the ball as far away as they can, as quick as they can, so as not to incur the wrath of the managers/fans if they try something and it goes wrong.

Just a theory of mine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.