Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

s n h - got this horrible feeling...

This thread currently has 21,811 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
porkies
August 22, 2012, 1:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Familiarity can breed contempt. It's one thing meeting up with a lady for a couple of evenings a week ... and on Saturday afternoons; quite another being with her every day! Maybe the style which worked for them in part-time football doesn't work in the full-time context? As for the lack of assertive players, it strikes me that alpha-male characters like Scott don't usually like players who challenge them. Possibly the problem with Lee Peacock, who didn't give the impression of being a yes-man? Effectively S&H have aleady had 3 bites of the cherry [well 2 and a bit] because they had a go with Woods's lot, then their own players last season, now this years reincarnation. Same result. If they are sacked we then have the scenario where another manager will come in and say ;'This is not my team. Judge me next season.' And so it goes on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 99
luda169
August 22, 2012, 1:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Codzilla
It's a shame as I really did think these would come and sort us out. I don't think anyone would be able to get us back into the league and stop our decline. So many different managers and players and nothing ever changes (apart from Slade)

yes I agree perhaps if big John had brought in Slade things might have been different myself  I would have excepted the long ball games just to get out of this cesspit of a league with its doggy officials.utm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 99
arryarryarry
August 22, 2012, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BlackBoots

A bit contradictory imo.

If Buckley couldnt be classed as experienced then nobody will ever fall into that catorgory!!!

Doh, I said with the exception of Buckley and Newell, come on keep up.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 99
arryarryarry
August 22, 2012, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from kingster72
Disley was the problem in midfield last season and should be dropped!  We only did well last year with Manny Panther doing the simple things.  Niven is a great addition and pair him with Thanoj, should be far more effective.  Disley should NOT be skipper, or starting, brings nothing to the table for me, just a very lacklusture & inconsistant type, worse than Boshell & Jamie Clarke.

Well done most stupid quote of the century
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 99
marinette
August 22, 2012, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from forza ivano
that we may be at the beginning of the end with them.
i was (am still trying to be ) one of their biggest supporters but i am just starting to get this sinking feeling that they have not been able to make the step up to become successful bsp managers. i hate to say it but i'd probably put a couple of quid on them not being here by the end of the season. i really hope i'm wrong but 3 points every 2 games is their record and that's abysmal compared to what they've achieved before

It won't break my heart if these two get the chop, but I think I'd prefer them to have a bit more of a chance.  I could try and rationalise it with arguments and comparisons but I'm not going to - it's just my gut feeling that they probably need more time.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 99
forza ivano
August 22, 2012, 2:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from marinette

It won't break my heart if these two get the chop, but I think I'd prefer them to have a bit more of a chance.  I could try and rationalise it with arguments and comparisons but I'm not going to - it's just my gut feeling that they probably need more time.

i'm sure they will get it ;it's just on this present form and with the upcoming fixtures people are getting twitchy because it's easy to foresee us being amongst the relegation fodder come october.
and personally ,with disappointing performance after disappointing performance, i'm less and less convinced that they are quite up to the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 99
voice of reason
August 22, 2012, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Personally, I think they can spot a player. Most of their signings have been highly rated when we've signed them and most of them have done well in this league before. I think it might be actually managing these players and getting the best out of them is the problem.

I like Rob Scott's passion and obviously I'm not in the dressing room so I don't know exactly what he is like but I think the days are gone where you can shout and bawl all the time and get players on your side.

Nevertheless, they deserve a bit more time than three games to get it right.

FFS, this line again... Do you think they was only appointed at the start of the season? They've had more than 3 games, they've had 3 squads to work with, 2 of which was mostly their own signings and nothing has changed from day one...

We still don't communicate well enough
We are still scared to play at home
The players performances continue to find new depths of woefulness
We still have a poor midfield
We still have no real creativity

The above are comments the manager's have used when they arrived and also recently, so what have they done in their MORE than 3 games...??? Even more worrying, the managers still cannot say why the above things are happening, hnce no sign of things changing any time soon...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 99
STB
August 22, 2012, 2:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Maybe its because other teams are better than us.
I genuinely think that if we appointed Sir Alex and all of the Man U squad, someone at BP would find a way to fook it up so we finished just outside the playoffs.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 99
mariner91
August 22, 2012, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from porkies
Familiarity can breed contempt. It's one thing meeting up with a lady for a couple of evenings a week ... and on Saturday afternoons; quite another being with her every day! Maybe the style which worked for them in part-time football doesn't work in the full-time context? As for the lack of assertive players, it strikes me that alpha-male characters like Scott don't usually like players who challenge them. Possibly the problem with Lee Peacock, who didn't give the impression of being a yes-man? Effectively S&H have aleady had 3 bites of the cherry [well 2 and a bit] because they had a go with Woods's lot, then their own players last season, now this years reincarnation. Same result. If they are sacked we then have the scenario where another manager will come in and say ;'This is not my team. Judge me next season.' And so it goes on!

Very interesting hypothesis and one I'd not even considered before. I know a couple of players who played under them at Boston and they both told me how great they were etc. But is this because if Scott lost his temper they didn't have to see him for a couple of days and by then he'd have calmed down and it would have been forgotten about.? Whereas if they see him every day, the bad feeling grows over time? I certainly get the impression that if you had to see Scott every day, you'd soon get sick of him...

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 99
Garth
August 22, 2012, 4:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from 1054

So they have the supp ort of a bloke who can't understand the difference between 'are' and 'our'

Nuff said!

What the hell was that all about, the guy can still be a loyal supporter even if he makes the odd mistake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.