Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

s n h - got this horrible feeling...

This thread currently has 21,898 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
August 22, 2012, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Alfie
They won't see out September.

I think the same..

Lets be honest it is all about progression and truthfully has there been any?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 99
Alfie
August 22, 2012, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I think the same..

Lets be honest it is all about progression and truthfully has there been any?

Absolutely none.
You could argue we took baby steps last season but there is no doubt in my mind that we've only weakened this season.

I was their biggest advocate when they initially came but it appears they wouldn't spot a good player if he slapped them in the face (Coulson, for one).
They came promising organisation, hunger and a strong "up in your face" mentality. I just see a weak minded, timid team with no direction other than to kick the ball hard and high.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 99
jonnyboy82
August 22, 2012, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Alfie

Absolutely none.
You could argue we took baby steps last season but there is no doubt in my mind that we've only weakened this season.

I was their biggest advocate when they initially came but it appears they wouldn't spot a good player if he slapped them in the face (Coulson, for one).
They came promising organisation, hunger and a strong "up in your face" mentality. I just see a weak minded, timid team with no direction other than to kick the ball hard and high.

Spot on..

I honestly can't see anything that they have improved since they took over..

They bought Liam hearn and that is the only plus they get from me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 99
Garth
August 22, 2012, 11:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
We will see in the next few games, although the tea leaves don`t look good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 99
Marinerz93
August 22, 2012, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BlackBoots
I agree with the opening poster. Badly want them to succeed but cannot see enough signs of progress.

I dont think for one moment that AB will take over and i honestly dont know who we should go for. We have tried experienced, previously succesful, promoting from within and young and up 'n' coming with no change in results.

Need someone with experience but still hungry enough to need to success, who has also achieved promotion, preferably from this division

Great post and sums up exactly were my thoughts are.  I want these managers to succeed and I want the players to believe in their own abilities and show it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 99
forza ivano
August 22, 2012, 11:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
the thing is that they've done the right things - they've brought in successful, bsp premier players - hatton,thomas, soares, cook, miller and have others like elding and pearson who know what this division is all about.players like wood,pearson and hearn all have a season's bsp experience under their belts they're fitter, younger and hungrier (there's no lack of effort) than woods' no- hopers. all the ingredients are there but they're just  not getting the recipe right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 99
Chrisblor
August 22, 2012, 11:15am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Lee peacock on twitter says they have the worst man management skills he has  ever seen in 20 years in football..

It's not surprising he's bitter since they were the ones who released him - which was the right decision given that, even for all his effort, he was hopelessly ineffective during his final season with Town.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 99
Marinerz93
August 22, 2012, 11:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano
the thing is that they've done the right things - they've brought in successful, bsp premier players - hatton,thomas, soares, cook, miller and have others like elding and pearson who know what this division is all about.players like wood,pearson and hearn all have a season's bsp experience under their belts they're fitter, younger and hungrier (there's no lack of effort) than woods' no- hopers. all the ingredients are there but they're just  not getting the recipe right

We are missing two very influential players in Miller and Liam  but I don't see the midfield sorted, certainly not the middle.  We do though I agree have the makings of a side that is more than capable of getting into the play off's.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 99
forza ivano
August 22, 2012, 11:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Marinerz93

We are missing two very influential players in Miller and Liam  but I don't see the midfield sorted, certainly not the middle.  We do though I agree have the makings of a side that is more than capable of getting into the play off's.

i haven't seen them this season so can't comment , but there's a case in point - niven looks like exactly the sort of player we've needed for about 10 seasons yet he now appears to have been dropped after being underwhelming
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 99
Garth
August 22, 2012, 11:20am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
We do have some decent players on the books now for sure, but for some reason they do not seem organised as a team and I`m afraid for this the buck has to stop at the manager`s door, I`m wondering if the money will be made available for a wide left player and a midfield playmaker in the present situation or whether it will be held back for a new manager should that be the case.
Just like to add that I hope they can turn it around soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › s n h - got this horrible feeling...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.