Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Can fans have an effect on players?

This thread currently has 12,206 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Bignic69
August 20, 2012, 10:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
i don't see what can be achieved by booing the team off at half time when its 0-0 and there's a full 45 minutes to play. although they are professionals and should be able to deal with the excrement fans give them, they are only human and surely the points lost in the previous two games having been in the driving seat in both will have shattered their confidence. However, am all up for letting the team know how we feel at the end whether that be booing because they've been excrement or cheering because they've been great they deserve to get a reaction but booing at half time or during the game helps nobody.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
lukeo
August 20, 2012, 10:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
To answer your question... Yes.

Thinking about it, if i was playing football and i had people backing me and cheering me on it'd make me up my game. It'd give me a buzz and make me push that little bit more.
Booing, well that can go one of two ways. It could make a player think intercourse it i'm trying my best and it's not good enough or it could make them think that they'll try prove them wrong. Me, in all honestly, I am the 1st one. If i got boo'ed my performance would drop. Maybe that shows I'm a weak character but from experience it doesn't help my game being boo'ed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
GTFC STEEL
August 20, 2012, 10:45am

Up the Mariners!!!
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
yes it can if you cheer your team on the town players will do good and create chance's if people boo them and being quiet or negative there going to play bad the town fans must play there part this season to active to club goals this season that is getting the club back were we belong in the football league if the fans don't like us signing don't come but we are cheering are team on so they can play well  some people are negative or town are excrement playing bad booing them and saying getting relegated but if town win then people who were judging them they will be up there  behind no offense this is my opinion what i think anyway finliy my account working on here up the mariners!

Scott and hurst Black and white armey and up the mariners!!!!and GTFC TILL I DIE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
lukeo
August 20, 2012, 12:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from GTFC STEEL
yes it can if you cheer your team on the town players will do good and create chance's if people boo them and being quiet or negative there going to play bad the town fans must play there part this season to active to club goals this season that is getting the club back were we belong in the football league if the fans don't like us signing don't come but we are cheering are team on so they can play well  some people are negative or town are excrement playing bad booing them and saying getting relegated but if town win then people who were judging them they will be up there  behind no offense this is my opinion what i think anyway finliy my account working on here up the mariners!

anyone else manage to read that without taking a breath?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
GrimRob
August 20, 2012, 1:05pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I have long believed my underpants influence the game. Perhaps if more fans paid attention to their undergarments we would see an improvement on the pitch as well.

On Saturday I think I will wear my Paddy Power Lucky Pants. I wore these on the opening day of the season but they have not had an outing since.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 65
Rick12
January 26, 2013, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
yes definitely.I would say most players need to feel wanted by the club and the fans.Its the feeling of being accepted (applys to life as well)that will aid most athletes

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.