Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Can fans have an effect on players?

This thread currently has 12,117 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Gary Haddock

yeh sorry bout that, but never asked you to like me, and if you don't like my posts why comment on them? what are you trying to acomplish by this action? and manners at least I show respect though admitidly the lost couple of posts wasn't very respectful but was provoked into such actions. and you can't judge some one you don't know.

Gary: I don't know you and therefore neither like or dislike you as a person. The post you just quoted was meant as a genuine attempt to help you to stop making a bit of a plonker of yourself. Sorry if that sounds patronising but you are rapidly becoming a figure of fun on here. This will override any good points you happen to make.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:53pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Gary Haddock
idiots with no respect. so brave behind your keyboards.

thing is fella you constanly go round picking and picking not just you either there's about 3, 4 others too bunch of idiots and you don't just do it to me. Why if you don't like other people's post (no matter who it is) do you lower yourself to urine taking? no one deserves that. and how old are you 12?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Gary: I don't know you and therefore neither like or dislike you as a person. The post you just quoted was meant as a genuine attempt to help you to stop making a bit of a plonker of yourself. Sorry if that sounds patronising but you are rapidly becoming a figure of fun on here. This will override any good points you happen to make.

ah ok ah see why couldn't you talk this straight in the first place? I can take that and will keep it mind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
barralad
August 20, 2012, 12:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Gary Haddock

thing is fella you constanly go round picking and picking not just you either there's about 3, 4 others too bunch of idiots and you don't just do it to me. Why if you don't like other people's post (no matter who it is) do you lower yourself to urine taking? no one deserves that. and how old are you 12?

Gary: I think you've quoted the wrong post unless you are having a conversation with yourself.

It depends on the content I guess. There are a lot of posts on here that I think are ridiculous. I happen to think all of the posts calling for the heads of our two managers at this early stage of the season fall into this category. However I'm old enough (oh and I'm considerably older than 12-my eldest grandson is 16) to understand that it is a board for opinions of people who support Grimsby Town. It actually takes a lot for me to resort to mickey taking but you've got me to that point. I could just block your posts but then I'd miss something sensible probably.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:09am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Gary: I think you've quoted the wrong post unless you are having a conversation with yourself.

It depends on the content I guess. There are a lot of posts on here that I think are ridiculous. I happen to think all of the posts calling for the heads of our two managers at this early stage of the season fall into this category. However I'm old enough (oh and I'm considerably older than 12-my eldest grandson is 16) to understand that it is a board for opinions of people who support Grimsby Town. It actually takes a lot for me to resort to mickey taking but you've got me to that point. I could just block your posts but then I'd miss something sensible probably.

na I'm just taking everthing wrong way at the moment it would seem. but this Can the fans effect players and that was just pure curiousity. so sorry but now I see where you and a couple of others are comming from now , I can take it more light heartedly like.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
80sglory
August 20, 2012, 12:16am
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
as for cheering better than shouting shite and abusive stuff at players or other fans though A? We pay our money just like you do

Why do you assume I'm "one of them" ?
I don't like abuse either but I'm not gonna blame the "fans" because most "fans" are supportive of the team.

Quoted from Gary Haddock
and yes I am the one who says I'll sing on my own by you mentioning that you proved you had no intentions backing the team before the games even start

Completely lost me there !

Quoted from Gary Haddock
and so you think its "fair" to boo a team at half time, you think a player "deserves" to be shouted at by fans and abused then A?

Course I don't.
I think you're just lashing out defensively so won't argue but hope you'll see my point.
It's not a case of condoning (arguably) poor behaviour, it's a case of being careful you don't tar everyone who comes to support the team with the same brush.
If you remember I was the one who made the point fans could perhaps try to give a little more credit when it was deserved.
But there's no point going to extremes and disregarding people's feelings and turning it into an "us and them" situation.

I admire your passion but you've got to respect and accept people who have a slightly different view.
Easier said than done but it's all too easy to think if someone disagrees with you, they must be wrong or think the exact opposite to you.
I know - I've been there myself !
Reply: 45 - 65
Marinerz93
August 20, 2012, 12:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Quoted from Gary Haddock
idiots with no respect. so brave behind your keyboards.

Gaz you've split my sides with that gem, a workmate of mine used to talk to himself in front of the Taliban, we all thought he was doing it to spook them but it turned out he was a bit tapped and was sent on a basket weaving course.  How we laughed at the time but the nutter had over 100 rounds and a full mag fitted with one in the chamber  , ever tried basket weaving Gaz  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:26am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Why do you assume I'm "one of them" ?
I don't like abuse either but I'm not gonna blame the "fans" because most "fans" are supportive of the team.

Completely lost me there !

Course I don't.
I think you're just lashing out defensively so won't argue but hope you'll see my point.
It's not a case of condoning (arguably) poor behaviour, it's a case of being careful you don't tar everyone who comes to support the team with the same brush.
If you remember I was the one who made the point fans could perhaps try to give a little more credit when it was deserved.
But there's no point going to extremes and disregarding people's feelings and turning it into an "us and them" situation.

I admire your passion but you've got to respect and accept people who have a slightly different view.
Easier said than done but it's all too easy to think if someone disagrees with you, they must be wrong or think the exact opposite to you.
I know - I've been there myself !

yeh middle was just me being a knob and yes I'm starting to come round and understand like I said once I'm still learning.

I don't if I'm wrong or if I'm going over the top and some one with straight talk will put me in my place don't mind that one bit. I don't always makes sense definately not very good at explaining things and sorry some stuff I said get mixed up with others, I don't read names just the comments and soemtimes quote the wrong person like a mad man lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:27am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Gaz you've split my sides with that gem, a workmate of mine used to talk to himself in front of the Taliban, we all thought he was doing it to spook them but it turned out he was a bit tapped and was sent on a basket weaving course.  How we laughed at the time but the nutter had over 100 rounds and a full mag fitted with one in the chamber  , ever tried basket weaving Gaz  [/quote]

going mental lol. need my eyes testing I think lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:28am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Gaz you've split my sides with that gem, a workmate of mine used to talk to himself in front of the Taliban, we all thought he was doing it to spook them but it turned out he was a bit tapped and was sent on a basket weaving course.  How we laughed at the time but the nutter had over 100 rounds and a full mag fitted with one in the chamber  , ever tried basket weaving Gaz  

going mental lol. need my eyes testing I think lol.[/quote]

definately need my eyes testing lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.