Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Can fans have an effect on players?

This thread currently has 12,118 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
August 19, 2012, 11:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from 1600

My god you make aaron rattray look like Princess Diana.

I think this is my favourite ever Fishy line  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:15pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600

So what you're saying is, don't take the PERFORMANCE or EFFORT into account at all !

Just give them a big pat on the back regardless even if they haven't given 100% or don't even care.
Wow, that's really gonna help keep standards up and avoid "journeymen" !  

Don't get me wrong I've often clapped the players off after a defeat if they've put the effort in and it's been a good performance.

But sorry Gary think some of your comments are bordering on utter delusion.
You seem to have no idea what the words "deserved" or "fair" mean.

I wouldn't be suprsed if you're one of these fans I've read saying
"I will cheer the team on even if I have to do it all alone"

(Shakes head bites tongue)

WTF ?!  
My god you make aaron rattray look like Princess Diana.

ginny is right this is going way over the top.
You make no attempt to say "small minority of fans" but just say "fans".
If we stereotpye everyone as a potential problem we're in danger of pissing off even the most fair and loyal fans.
Well done !  

yeh ok get your points though being abit of knob about it. yes must admit I have done some what would look like stereotyping so sorry for that, and as for cheering better than shouting shite and abusive stuff at players or other fans though A? We pay our money just like you do and yes I am the one who says I'll sing on my own by you mentioning that you proved you had no intentions backing the team before the games even start, and so you think its "fair" to boo a team at half time, you think a player "deserves" to be shouted at by fans and abused then A? they should deal with it it's what they're paid to type of attitude, no! Wrong they aren't paid to be shouted at and abused by fans. And if you don't like what I post don't read it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:30pm

Brandy Drinker
in any case knobhead this was pure curiousity I wanted to know if fans really can make a difference what's wrong in that? getting enoyed at the urine taking dickheads now if you can't answer a question don't bother idots! and I thought I was dumb. and as most keep saying "we're entitled to our opinions" so don't go round taking the urine out of the less inteligent posters like myself chickhen shits. haven't anything constructive to say or anything descent then urine off! I'm here for the people who will actually speak propperly and act like adults and have respect and if I'm wrong about something there are ways of going round it with out urine taking. grow a set of balls do it to a person face if your brave enough not with a keyboard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Gary Haddock
in any case knobhead this was pure curiousity I wanted to know if fans really can make a difference what's wrong in that? getting enoyed at the urine taking dickheads now if you can't answer a question don't bother idots! and I thought I was dumb. and as most keep saying "we're entitled to our opinions" so don't go round taking the urine out of the less inteligent posters like myself chickhen shits. haven't anything constructive to say or anything descent then urine off! I'm here for the people who will actually speak propperly and act like adults and have respect and if I'm wrong about something there are ways of going round it with out urine taking. grow a set of balls do it to a person face if your brave enough not with a keyboard.

Will someone please go round and confiscate his computer. I cannot type for tears of laughter/frustration/incredulity

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Will someone please go round and confiscate his computer. I cannot type for tears of laughter/frustration/incredulity

another tosser, grow up mate no one likes you not even your mother. want to take the urine come ont eh give me your best shot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 65
headingly_mariner
August 19, 2012, 11:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 65
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:44pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Gary Haddock

another tosser, grow up mate no one likes you not even your mother. want to take the urine come ont eh give me your best shot.

My mother has been dead for 20 years. I think she liked me though...

But whilst we are on the subject of taking the p**s can I offer you a couple of words of advice?

1. Brevity is the soul of wit

2. Hurling insults at people who don't happen to appreciate your style, manner or post content says far, far more about you than it does them.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:45pm

Brandy Drinker
idiots with no respect. so brave behind your keyboards.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
barralad
August 19, 2012, 11:47pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Gary Haddock
idiots with no respect. so brave behind your keyboards.

Gary: you have to earn respect. Bringing someone's mother into a debate and continually calling people knobs etc. can hardly be construed as respectful.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 11:49pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

My mother has been dead for 20 years. I think she liked me though...

But whilst we are on the subject of taking the p**s can I offer you a couple of words of advice?

1. Brevity is the soul of wit

2. Hurling insults at people who don't happen to appreciate your style, manner or post content says far, far more about you than it does them.

yeh sorry bout that, but never asked you to like me, and if you don't like my posts why comment on them? what are you trying to acomplish by this action? and manners at least I show respect though admitidly the lost couple of posts wasn't very respectful but was provoked into such actions. and you can't judge some one you don't know.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.