Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Can fans have an effect on players?

This thread currently has 12,207 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 10:15pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Meza
It definately can effect the players but what about instead of abusing our own players lets abuse theirs lol

A shamed to say I do already lol. anything to put the oponents off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
Wrawby_Mariner
August 19, 2012, 10:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
What if you cheer despite a defeat?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 21 - 65
kevikov
August 19, 2012, 10:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I'm saying yes, apart from money thats the whole idea of playing in front of people. Sport needs an audience, footballs audience is unlike any other sports as far as i can make out.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 10:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I'd admire that. Because it would show that despite the result you showed pride and wasn't willing to give up and something that should inspire the team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
flash1
August 19, 2012, 10:29pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Can fans have an impact on players performances? negativity can it put them off? possitivity can it help? my opinion yes it can but to help prove my point I'm asking anyone with sense. sensible answers please.

my opoligies for not reading previous comments,but when i saw this thread i had to comment and say that "i just hope to fcuk that the players dont log on to the fishy to read such negative comments about the 1st 3 games,but reasured players who do actually read this site,that u,d probably be not surprised to find out that half of the fishy,s population dont even know wtf blundell park actually is, ne mind coming to watch the team we love Grimsby town football club fc!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 10:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from flash1

my opoligies for not reading previous comments,but when i saw this thread i had to comment and say that "i just hope to fcuk that the players dont log on to the fishy to read such negative comments about the 1st 3 games,but reasured players who do actually read this site,that u,d probably be not surprised to find out that half of the fishy,s population dont even know wtf blundell park actually is, ne mind coming to watch the team we love Grimsby town football club fc!

this isn't negative, this is quite a good question in my opinion well I was curious. and I will always support town and I hate the negativity too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
ginnywings
August 19, 2012, 10:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I think everyone is going over the top here. I can't remember much in the way of abuse during the game, apart from the usual suspects who rant and rave at every game. Most fans around me just sat there shaking their heads in disbelief. Most have gone way beyond anger now and just seem to have given up all hope. In fact, the players seemed to be abusing each other more than the fans did.

If this question has arisen because of Scotts after match comments about the players, then i think he was referring more to the players stage fright and weight of expectation at playing in front of (what is to them) a big crowd and a big ground compared to what they have experienced before in their careers.

We used to be the underdogs and now we are seen as a big scalp by the so called smaller clubs and the players need to step up to the plate and start performing. The crowd will soon get behind them if and when they do.

I remember Bryan Robson, when he was player manager of Middlesbrough saying that they should be doing better against the likes of Grimsby after we had played them off the pitch. The boot is now on the other foot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 19, 2012, 10:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I think everyone is going over the top here. I can't remember much in the way of abuse during the game, apart from the usual suspects who rant and rave at every game. Most fans around me just sat there shaking their heads in disbelief. Most have gone way beyond anger now and just seem to have given up all hope. In fact, the players seemed to be abusing each other more than the fans did.

If this question has arisen because of Scotts after match comments about the players, then i think he was referring more to the players stage fright and weight of expectation at playing in front of (what is to them) a big crowd and a big ground compared to what they have experienced before in their careers.

We used to be the underdogs and now we are seen as a big scalp by the so called smaller clubs and the players need to step up to the plate and start performing. The crowd will soon get behind them if and when they do.

I remember Bryan Robson, when he was player manager of Middlesbrough saying that they should be doing better against the likes of Grimsby after we had played them off the pitch. The boot is now on the other foot.

there some giving abuse in the pontoon and there was boos at half time, and agree with the most of you say. I'm just as bad as everyone else and just want some one to blame. the negativity got to me I guess.
but this was purely curiousity with some saying fans may be partly to blame so was curious to see what others thought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
marinette
August 19, 2012, 10:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Yesterday we could have sung all kinds of positive things: '.... we're by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen', '...super black and whites, come thrill me again' and so on... and given a resounding cheer each time one of our players passed the ball out of play and a round of applause when they launched it into the stratosphere.  I think I might have enjoyed doing that, just to alleviate the boredom - problem is, the players might think we were taking the ****.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
80sglory
August 19, 2012, 11:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Quoted from Gary Haddock
I'd admire that. Because it would show that despite the result you showed pride and wasn't willing to give up and something that should inspire the team.

So what you're saying is, don't take the PERFORMANCE or EFFORT into account at all !

Just give them a big pat on the back regardless even if they haven't given 100% or don't even care.
Wow, that's really gonna help keep standards up and avoid "journeymen" !  

Don't get me wrong I've often clapped the players off after a defeat if they've put the effort in and it's been a good performance.

But sorry Gary think some of your comments are bordering on utter delusion.
You seem to have no idea what the words "deserved" or "fair" mean.

I wouldn't be suprsed if you're one of these fans I've read saying
"I will cheer the team on even if I have to do it all alone"

(Shakes head bites tongue)

Quoted from Gary Haddock
sensible answers please.

WTF ?!  
My god you make aaron rattray look like Princess Diana.

ginny is right this is going way over the top.
You make no attempt to say "small minority of fans" but just say "fans".
If we stereotpye everyone as a potential problem we're in danger of pissing off even the most fair and loyal fans.
Well done !  
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.