Quagmire
August 14, 2012, 11:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from lowerfindus

It just gets to the point where you just lose interest.

I've lost so much interest in the club it's unbelievable.  I went to Southport on Saturday mainly for the day out and a chance to see what the new players were like and if we'd improved.

Saturday's 'performance' persuaded me to keep my 18 quid in my pocket tonight and I'm glad I did.

Same old same old.

As someone has pointed out, the only thing that changes are the names on the players shirts.

A win on Saturday is an absolute must.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
roundballovalhole
August 15, 2012, 11:45am
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock
some bloody Liverpool fans (2 lol) started saying things as I was walking out of the pontoon like, "town's shite I'm sticking with Liverpool, they're so much better than this crap". My reply to the people was I should hope they are better with the millions they spend lol, pretty sure if Town had millions to spend we'd be up there too, daft cow. might seem cruel but hey silly things to say with out thinking wasn't it?

What a nonsense post.

There are glory hunting fans everywhere but it would appear that these two were at least prepared to taste the flavour of football on offer at BP so fair play to them.

Our p1ss poor start to the season has probably meant that these two won't be coming back anytime soon and that is lost revenue and support for GTFC.

There is a kind of inverted snobbery about GTFC where we are sh1t but proud to support them through thick and thinb blah blah.

The numbers attending BP and following us away is likely to drop further unless soemthing happens on the pitch.

I have heard some right muppetry on here the last 24 hours. . . . .soemone was crying yesterday about John Tondeur's commentary not being very positive.  You are now moaning that the experience of potential fans has been awful and blaming it on the potential fans.

STOP BLAMING IRRELEVANT PEOPLE AND ADMIT THAT GTFC ARE SH1T, THEY DON'T DESERVE THE SUPPORT THEY GET, THEY ARE CONTINUING ON A DOWNWAD SPIRAL, THERE ARE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT SIMON AND GARFUNKELS ABILITY AND WE ARE LIKELY TO STRUGGLKE THIS YEAR TO BE AHEAD OF LINCOLN LET ALONE BEAT OUR P1SS POOR 11TH PLACE LAST YEAR!!!
Reply: 41 - 81
bradzmilne
August 15, 2012, 11:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1054

What a nonsense post.

There are glory hunting fans everywhere but it would appear that these two were at least prepared to taste the flavour of football on offer at BP so fair play to them.

Our p1ss poor start to the season has probably meant that these two won't be coming back anytime soon and that is lost revenue and support for GTFC.

There is a kind of inverted snobbery about GTFC where we are sh1t but proud to support them through thick and thinb blah blah.

The numbers attending BP and following us away is likely to drop further unless soemthing happens on the pitch.

I have heard some right muppetry on here the last 24 hours. . . . .soemone was crying yesterday about John Tondeur's commentary not being very positive.  You are now moaning that the experience of potential fans has been awful and blaming it on the potential fans.

STOP BLAMING IRRELEVANT PEOPLE AND ADMIT THAT GTFC ARE SH1T, THEY DON'T DESERVE THE SUPPORT THEY GET, THEY ARE CONTINUING ON A DOWNWAD SPIRAL, THERE ARE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT SIMON AND GARFUNKELS ABILITY AND WE ARE LIKELY TO STRUGGLKE THIS YEAR TO BE AHEAD OF LINCOLN LET ALONE BEAT OUR P1SS POOR 11TH PLACE LAST YEAR!!!

Am sorry mate but i think you need a reality check, 2 games have gone not half of the season. Were all frustrated but i think we have a strong squad as did the majority of thefishy a week ago. Keep the faith mate.
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 81
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 12:11pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1054

What a nonsense post.

where in my quote did it say I blamed them? lol and I was just stating the difference between town and there poxy club, they have millions, we only have thousands FACT!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 12:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne

Am sorry mate but i think you need a reality check, 2 games have gone not half of the season. Were all frustrated but i think we have a strong squad as did the majority of thefishy a week ago. Keep the faith mate.
UTM

and I agree with this guy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 81
RonMariner
August 15, 2012, 12:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
It's a bad start, but the important thing now is how the managers and players react. I think there will be a few selection changes on Saturday, and we need to see a performance with a bit of heart and desire from the players.

All is not lost.  Still very very dissapointing though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
BlackandWhiteBarmy
August 15, 2012, 12:37pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Quoted from bradzmilne

UTM

A reality check? and then you say you think we have a strong squad. What reality is that based on? surely the only thing you can base it on is the games so far this season.

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 12:46pm

Brandy Drinker
the season is just begining, Kidderminster hasn't even scored a goal yet alone got any points, and Mansfield also don't have any points, but do you really and realistically think we'll still be at this end of the table in 1 months time? if you do then you may as give up and stop going and posting and let the rest of us who have more faith in town enjoy our season. UP THE MARINERS! in the words of Rob Scott, if you don't f@cking like it don't come!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
grimps
August 15, 2012, 12:51pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
This will be the 3rd season Crocket and Tubbs have been here !
the 1st season they had about 8 games in which town played shite in all of them.
The second season we started shite then around Christmas started to go on a run were we beat most the shite teams then the opposition toughened up towards the last 3rd of the season and we went back to being shite again.
This season we have started shite again .
there will come a time not long from now were we as fans will start demanding results ,these guys have had time and they still appear to be performing shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 1:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from grimps
This will be the 3rd season Crocket and Tubbs have been here !
the 1st season they had about 8 games in which town played shite in all of them.
The second season we started shite then around Christmas started to go on a run were we beat most the shite teams then the opposition toughened up towards the last 3rd of the season and we went back to being shite again.
This season we have started shite again .
there will come a time not long from now were we as fans will start demanding results ,these guys have had time and they still appear to be performing shite

2 games isn't enough time for half a new squad, where was Cook, G.Pearson, Niven, Thomas, Pond, etc last season? no need for answer as I know they wasn't here, there's more than 2 games in a season. you'll be like the rest of us singing praises once on a winning streak.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.