Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Season Over?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Season Over?

This thread currently has 18,756 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 14, 2012, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Problem is, it could just turn out like last year and the year before that ad infinitum. It's only 2 games and we need to click. Then suddenly it's 5 games and then 10 and we are too far off the pace again. All teams sign new players every season and not all of them struggle to get going every season.

I just can't believe how many times over the last few seasons we capitulate in the last quarter, over and over again. Don't think i can ever remember a team that crumbles so easily as Town do and it's the same every year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 81
barralad
August 14, 2012, 10:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
its a bad start, but its not too unexpected, given the new players we have.  ThEy should have played more pre-season games. Partnerships take time. Lets not forget it took Hearn what seemed like a decade to really get going last year.  We will score lots of goals, but unless Hatton and Ford come in at the back, and dare I say we give another keeper a chance, then we might start getting clean sheets.

Its the failure to learn from lessons that worries me, and that is as much down to the management as it is the players.  Probably beat Nuneaton about 9-0 on Saturday, but it still could be a papering over the cracks exercise, and we shouldnt get to carried away if thats the case.

Strikers need service. The service ours received tonight was virtually non-existent. Until that happens we categorically will not score lots of goals.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 81
lowerfindus
August 14, 2012, 10:42pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
H&S do not know how to play possession football.  The hoof ball power plays will beat the little teams but when we need a little composure and class, as last year, it will be missing. Unfortunately it seems they have not learnt from last season and we start off with poor form.

Perhaps those double running sessions should have included a little pass and move eh?

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 81
marinette
August 14, 2012, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from lowerfindus
H&S do not know how to play possession football.  The hoof ball power plays will beat the little teams but when we need a little composure and class, as last year, it will be missing. Unfortunately it seems they have not learnt from last season and we start off with poor form.

Perhaps those double running sessions should have included a little pass and move eh?

It gets very disheartening after a while - we should be used to it, I suppose.  

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 81
grimps
August 14, 2012, 10:47pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
The thing is if we dont start making a move soon the season will be over with in the first 10 games.with only the champions going straight up we might as well pack it all in by october if were not within a few few points of the top.
were now 5 points offf the top and we've only played two games ,it dosnt look good and it looks like they have lost the fans faith already
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 81
GYsaint
August 14, 2012, 10:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +1
Since S&H Town only won about 22 out of 58 league games considering were meant to be pushing for promotion. How much time do they get?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 81
Codzilla
August 14, 2012, 10:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
I don't think Jose Mourinho could sort us out. No matter what players or managers we have it always seems to be the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 81
ROKERITE
August 14, 2012, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GYsaint
Since S&H Town only won about 22 out of 58 league games considering were meant to be pushing for promotion. How much time do they get?

Till the end of this season at least.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 81
lowerfindus
August 14, 2012, 10:51pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from marinette

It gets very disheartening after a while - we should be used to it, I suppose.  

I know, I'm glad I'm away over the weekend so won't be at the Nuneaton game. I won't be attending many games at all this month even though home from work. I don't have the enthusiasm to watch a team aimlessly hoof the ball round the pitch.

It just gets to the point where you just lose interest.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 81
grimps
August 14, 2012, 10:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GYsaint

Well it usually starts by saying give them 10 games then we can complain,then people will say give them till christmas ,then in febuary  they say promotion is still possible,then we will be looking forward to next season.
same old shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Season Over?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.