No Members and 278 Guests

Match Thread v Stockport

This thread currently has 17,668 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
August 14, 2012, 10:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from big_mozzer

Exactly what i said, almost like he gets off on it . Cant stand him, almost bringing me to watch the scores come in on the tele rather than listen to him when i cant get to games.

You wont find many bigger town fans than tondeur. . . Been to more games than probably anyone alive!

Maybe his doom and gloom reflected the predictable collapse he could forsee!!!??!!?!?!

Please feel free to have a pop at players, managers or lady luck but ffs leave the school  teacher and part time broadcaster out of it
Reply: 100 - 110
immariner
August 14, 2012, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,412
Gold Stars: 60
Credit to his dedication etc. Personal opinion. You don't find him sanctimonious, others do. Get over it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 110
roundballovalhole
August 14, 2012, 10:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from immariner
Same here. I didn't listen to it because I can't stand Tondeur's sanctimoniousness.

Thats because Town are sh1t!

Grow a pair and stop getting angry with john tondeur. .   #trollbroadcasterteachergtfcfan
Reply: 102 - 110
Chrisblor
August 14, 2012, 10:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 233
John Tondeur is flipping ace, Town are flipping excrement. Leave him alone.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 110
immariner
August 14, 2012, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Who said I was angry? I don't enjoy listening to Tondeur's commentary so I didn't listen to it. That's my personal preference.

Tondeur having been paid to attend countless Town games doesn't come in to it. I think I'd prefer listening to someone a bit more neutral. Tondeur lets his own personal opinions and emotions affect his commentary to the point where I have no idea what's going on in the game, except when Town have made "another poor pass/cross/tackle/decision".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 110
big_mozzer
August 14, 2012, 10:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Quoted from immariner
Credit to his dedication etc. Personal opinion. You don't find him sanctimonious, others do. Get over it.

Agreed, fair play to him for going to watch town all the time, must be good to have a part time job and go see town everywhere and afford to, where as some of us cant, but the guy gets on my nerves, i don't know if he means to but it just seems to come across as if he enjoys the opposition scoring and getting on top obvious going to irterate people more as we ourselves get annoyed when town arnt doing so well.

Where there is a Will, There is a Way                      

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41825000/jpg/_41825066_grimsby_416.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 110
ginnywings
August 14, 2012, 10:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
urine poor defending by Tondeur. It's all his fault we capitulated again. Must be dropped for Saturday and replaced with the sprightly G.Kerr.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 110
big_mozzer
August 14, 2012, 10:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Quoted from ginnywings
urine poor defending by Tondeur. It's all his fault we capitulated again. Must be dropped for Saturday and replaced with the sprightly G.Kerr.

Lets have a protest about tondeur before the match outside the ticket office refusing to go in.

Where there is a Will, There is a Way                      

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41825000/jpg/_41825066_grimsby_416.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 110
Chrisblor
August 14, 2012, 10:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from immariner
Tondeur having been paid to attend countless Town games doesn't come in to it. I think I'd prefer listening to someone a bit more neutral. Tondeur lets his own personal opinions and emotions affect his commentary to the point where I have no idea what's going on in the game, except when Town have made "another poor pass/cross/tackle/decision".

I imagine that's because, like every other dedicated Town supporter, he's had enough of Town being utterly flipping useless for the last 10 years.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 110
immariner
August 14, 2012, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

I imagine that's because, like every other dedicated Town supporter, he's had enough of Town being utterly flipping useless for the last 10 years.

Fair enough, I get that. But as a BBC broadcaster it's his responsibility to provide a balanced view of the game. In my opinion, which is obviously different to yours, he doesn't do that to the point that I don't enjoy listening to him. Each to their own and so on. Gone off topic.

I do feel for him having had to sit through the excrement of the last 10 years, home and away, week-in and week-out. Other people have shelled out £000s for that 'privilege', mind you. Scary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread v Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.