11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 12:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
As an older Fishy reader and member, can I ask the moderators to start to eliminate some of the trolls that appear to be ruining this board?

This was the best board for Town fans to voice their opinions in a mostly constructive way - now it appears otherwise. If it is to regain the excellence that once existed, then action needs to be taken to remove some of the childish crap that is beginning to spoil it for the genuine fan.
Private Message
Biccys
July 30, 2012, 12:15pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
It's in hand Codger. Discussions ongoing between Rob and I. (I think BigChris is on holibbs so can't speka fo rhim.)

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 107
wigworld
July 30, 2012, 12:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Is it not just that it's the school holidays, and there's no football on? I would hope it will improve by itself in a couple of weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 107
gtfc98
July 30, 2012, 12:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Im guilty myself of losing my rag too much with some posters. Some of the utter drivel is so frustrating, i've been a regular poster for years and it used to be a fantastic forum. Everyone, including myself needs to make an effort to get the forum back to its best. No stupidity, no bickering just healthy football debate.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 12:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As an older Fishy reader and member, can I ask the moderators to start to eliminate some of the trolls that appear to be ruining this board?

This was the best board for Town fans to voice their opinions in a mostly constructive way - now it appears otherwise. If it is to regain the excellence that once existed, then action needs to be taken to remove some of the childish crap that is beginning to spoil it for the genuine fan.
have to agree

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 107
bradzmilne
July 30, 2012, 12:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,385
Quoted from wigworld
Is it not just that it's the school holidays, and there's no football on? I would hope it will improve by itself in a couple of weeks.

Think blaming the school holidays is abit harsh, not to sure what children would come on an internet fourm to get a kick? The vast majority of 'children' (myself include) on here are genuine posters and you more than likely wouldnt even reliase that their younger than the rest of fourm, some dont have the knowledge compared to alot of you but they do try and its better them supporting their local club rather than Manure, Chelski etc
The trouble is more to do with trolls on here,  get rid of them in conjuction to the begining of the football season - The Fishy will be as good as new.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 107
Biccys
July 30, 2012, 12:37pm
You'd be amazed at how many posts are removed and accounts removed every day...

Again I reiterate, if there are posts or posters that are breaching the forum guidelines please let the mods know by PM and we will try to make sure we catch anything that gets through the net.

We all have full time jobs and can't monitor the whole time but we do our best.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 107
Les Brechin
July 30, 2012, 12:39pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
The recent influx of spambots who just seem to just copy and post a line from a previous post aren't helping either.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne
and its better them supporting their local club rather than Manure, Chelski etc
good lad  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 107
Biccys
July 30, 2012, 12:42pm
They should be massively reduced now Les. There's a new process to get approval of a moderator to start posting. I go through all of the submitted requests in the mornings, today there were about 75 new "accounts" registered. These would all have previously been able to post with impunity so Rob is on the case!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 107
MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
You'd be amazed at how many posts are removed and accounts removed every day...

Again I reiterate, if there are posts or posters that are breaching the forum guidelines please let the mods know by PM and we will try to make sure we catch anything that gets through the net.

We all have full time jobs and can't monitor the whole time but we do our best.

Appreciate your response Biccys.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 107
aaron rattray
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 107
Rick12
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
They should be massively reduced now Les. There's a new process to get approval of a moderator to start posting. I go through all of the submitted requests in the mornings, today there were about 75 new "accounts" registered. These would all have previously been able to post with impunity so Rob is on the case!
fair play to the both of you

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 107
MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

Aaron, please think about what you post. Some fans don't get the opportunity to come on here in the week because their work PC may well be monitored for use. Just because you have time to post doesn't mean that others do.

I don't wish to sound personal, but some of your 'random excrement' - as you so eloquently put it - is the reason why we seem to get so many trolls.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 107
Dan
July 30, 2012, 12:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
As a wise man once said, if you don't like it don't flipping come.

Which is why I don't, really, anymore.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 12:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Aaron, please think about what you post. Some fans don't get the opportunity to come on here in the week because their work PC may well be monitored for use. Just because you have time to post doesn't mean that others do.

I don't wish to sound personal, but some of your 'random excrement' - as you so eloquently put it - is the reason why we seem to get so many trolls.

Well surely people know the difference between a troll who posts once 3 days to a good poster who posts 1 every 3days

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 107
Southwark Mariner
July 30, 2012, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
perhaps there should be a mariners test to pass to get on the board. I seem to remember a Manchester City game where home fans had to prove they were Grimsby supporters to get a ticket and so avoid Man City fans clogging up the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 107
STB
July 30, 2012, 12:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Les Brechin
The recent influx of spambots who just seem to just copy and post a line from a previous post aren't helping either.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 107
sparkles
July 30, 2012, 12:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
perhaps there should be a mariners test to pass to get on the board. I seem to remember a Manchester City game where home fans had to prove they were Grimsby supporters to get a ticket and so avoid Man City fans clogging up the place.

so basically, if you dont know enough about GTFC you arent welcome?? When I joined, I knew nothing. my fella asked me to go with him, I went, loved it and decided that if I ws going to start going regularly I should learn more about the team, the fans, the politics of the club.
Your idea seems a bit elitist to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 107
Fishfinger
July 30, 2012, 1:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144

Seriously?What a ridiculous thing to say. People can post whenever they like.Oh, and I love you how you say they post 'random excrement' !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 107
voice of reason
July 30, 2012, 1:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from STB

You aren't helping...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 107
STB
July 30, 2012, 1:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Let's be honest, there are (and always has been to my knowledge) around 25-30 posters on here that really know their stuff, a few that have some good stories to tell and hundreds that talk 8011ocks and contribute fkall.
Before you ask, I'm certainly not in the first category.  

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 1:07pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Fishfinger
[/b]

Seriously?What a ridiculous thing to say. People can post whenever they like.Oh, and I love you how you say they post 'random excrement' !

Do i post about buying eco carriers? Do i start of a thread like the 1 minute ago 10 seconds ago ect just for the urine take?, or start a new thread to ask where i can buy fifa or football manager?

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 107
cmackenzie4
July 30, 2012, 1:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
But who are we to decide what is drivel or isn't, some people may find posts interesting and some may not, But I don't think there is any place for abuse on the fishy, There is always the block button to use though and as for Aaron we have to remember he is only a young lad.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 107
Southwark Mariner
July 30, 2012, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from sparkles

so basically, if you dont know enough about GTFC you arent welcome?? When I joined, I knew nothing. my fella asked me to go with him, I went, loved it and decided that if I ws going to start going regularly I should learn more about the team, the fans, the politics of the club.
Your idea seems a bit elitist to me.

I think the questions were easy stuff, and there is always google. Just a way of cutting out the bots.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 107
ExLeightonMariner
July 30, 2012, 1:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -6
Quoted from STB
Let's be honest, there are (and always has been to my knowledge) around 25-30 posters on here that really know their stuff, a few that have some good stories to tell and hundreds that talk 8011ocks and contribute fkall.
Before you ask, I'm certainly not in the first category.  

Or the second for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 107
STB
July 30, 2012, 1:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

Or the second for that matter.

I did ask for that.  

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 107
FishOutOfWater
July 30, 2012, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from bradzmilne

Think blaming the school holidays is abit harsh, not to sure what children would come on an internet fourm to get a kick? The vast majority of 'children' (myself include) on here are genuine posters and you more than likely wouldnt even reliase that their younger than the rest of fourm, some dont have the knowledge compared to alot of you but they do try and its better them supporting their local club rather than Manure, Chelski etc
The trouble is more to do with trolls on here,  get rid of them in conjuction to the begining of the football season - The Fishy will be as good as new.

Well said!

Without sounding as if I'm patronising you, your posts show a level of maturity that some others don't so just keep at it!  

Anyone who is older in years than you who comes on here just craving attention or trying to wind up other posters maybe just that, older than you, but is probably way more immature so you rightly deserve to have your input heard
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 107
Alkalineroger
July 30, 2012, 1:35pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1

Do i post about buying eco carriers? Do i start of a thread like the 1 minute ago 10 seconds ago ect just for the urine take?, or start a new thread to ask where i can buy fifa or football manager?

Do you not remember your spate of endless polls??
Don't get me wrong Aaron I think your general quality of posts has improved greatly but you still post nonsense sometimes, your constant did anyone see me? Replies are a prime example of things which don't need to be said and contribute nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 107
Hagrid
July 30, 2012, 1:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
As a new poster, I hope I am not being victimised by the actions of others, I will not post drivel or balderdash or silly little troll messages, but post my views and how I see things. Not to the 10 posts a day of others as I am at work, but before anyone starts, no I aint no troll!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 107
wigworld
July 30, 2012, 1:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Quoted from bradzmilne

Think blaming the school holidays is abit harsh.

Sorry Brad, wasn't directed at you or younger posters in general, more of an observation that this sort of trolling does tend to increase in the Summer holidays - particularly when there's no football on!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Aaron tries far to hard to be popular and funny.

Not everyone wants to read 'did you see me' or some may not find your humour their cup of tea.

I posted Ask Marinerian to get some banter started but I made the choice not to do it to often.

Also not everyone will agree or like you. I am sure a fair few posters can not stand me. People have to realise people have different personas. Fir example people behave differently during different situations. You are likely to behave differently at work than they do at football or at home with the family. I remember studying it during Sociology A level course.

Some of the topics discussed have seemed to have made people tense and frustrared, this has made the board and the posters very annoyed and wound up at times
I
am sure Aaron is a decent lad but he just needs to find a gf or bf to help pre-occupie his spare time!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 107
Super Clive
July 30, 2012, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Thefishy is a good laugh. I read it for a good year before I joined and electronic fishcake which was awful read with the old layout, some say its not what it use to be well what is? England not what it use to be nor is grimsby or the club itself.

It will improve, I've used foul language and post crap but I don't do it as often now. Few weeks when the football is flowing so with the debate.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 107
I am Um Bongo
July 30, 2012, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3

Um Bongo seriously wonders why you post "did anyone see me?" after town games, Um Bongo cannot decide whether you are lonely or just want hugs?

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 2:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from I am Um Bongo

Um Bongo seriously wonders why you post "did anyone see me?" after town games, Um Bongo cannot decide whether you are lonely or just want hugs?
  your funny mate

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 107
jock dock tower
July 30, 2012, 2:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Hagrid
As a new poster, I hope I am not being victimised by the actions of others, I will not post drivel or balderdash or silly little troll messages, but post my views and how I see things. Not to the 10 posts a day of others as I am at work, but before anyone starts, no I aint no troll!

Sorry, you've been outed by the grammar police....two negatives make a positive, ergo you are a troll!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 107
Paul62
July 30, 2012, 2:24pm

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 107
costa del cleethorpes
July 30, 2012, 2:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from Paul62
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.

Read my new thread before it gets deleted mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 107
lee65
July 30, 2012, 2:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10

This is the reason that some give you a hard time, please think about what you write.  My "average" is 0.18 ish, but when I comment it is usually football related and hopefully reasoned.  I'm 47, read the Fishy everyday and remember the "Electronic Fishcake" well (can you?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Paul62
great post mate and agree with all the above.Nice to see as well fans like you stick by the club through thick and thin

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 107
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 2:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from lee65

This is the reason that some give you a hard time, please think about what you write.  My "average" is 0.18 ish, but when I comment it is usually football related and hopefully reasoned.  I'm 47, read the Fishy everyday and remember the "Electronic Fishcake" well (can you?)

Daydreaming of the old Fishy Rivals.net wasn't too bad at all, was easy to post on other clubs forums the good old days  

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 107
lee65
July 30, 2012, 2:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I seem to feel that back then there were less sources of up to date info and debate, so when I first found the EF it was a revelation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 107
luda169
July 30, 2012, 2:51pm
Coke Drinker

Myself I have been a M8 of cleefish for a number of years and have been a member on here for a short while he told me when  I joined that there was fairness and great banter on here and its always first with the news and freinds who help each other which I've found already so please keep up the good work. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 107
Alfie
July 30, 2012, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Aaron may be a little twerp but he's in no way the only source of tedium on this site.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Alfie
Aaron may be a little twerp but he's in no way the only source of tedium on this site.
I actually don't mind him.Some of his posts do make me smile although I admit others are a bit off

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 107
upthestripes
July 30, 2012, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from luda169

Myself I have been a M8 of cleefish for a number of years and have been a member on here for a short while he told me when  I joined that there was fairness and great banter on here and its always first with the news and freinds who help each other which I've found already so please keep up the good work. UTMM.

You ARE Cleefish And I claim my £5

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 3:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Alfie

Yes agree, yourself and Headingley push him close for that top spot for most annoying  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Paul62

There are always going to be people who like to hurl abuse.

There are a few on here who I would like to have 'word with' but it isnt worth it.

Just ignore those who are not nice.

Most on here have a great line of banter and when you kniw and get to know people you realise not all of the 'abuse' is real.

Rob.and Biccys do a great job.

Billo did a fab job on the EF......especially when rivals banned me for life and he unbanned me

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 107
roundballovalhole
July 30, 2012, 4:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Non football!

Now go back to spitting out your tea over the daily mail/express!

Reply: 48 - 107
Alfie
July 30, 2012, 4:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from marinerian

Yes agree, yourself and Headingley push him close for that top spot for most annoying  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 107
gobby
July 30, 2012, 4:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
I think it unfair that us younger posters get stick from you oldies................................
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 107
excusebeef
July 30, 2012, 4:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296

Totally disagree with you there. i love the Fishy and its a great place to read other people's comments and opinions, and, when necessary i like to voice my own opinion. I don't believe IMO that I post "random s**t" although I do respect that kids may read this board and I try not to use obscenties like you do in your posts. So apologies for my posts per visit ratio but I don't believe I should be removed.

In fact the reason I don't post on here is because, as this thread implies, there is too much rubbish around on the fishy at times and it does not justify a response or counter arguement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 107
MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Non football!

Now go back to spitting out your tea over the daily mail/express!

How is a thread about the future of an online football forum 'non-football'? As for the personal comment, that just shows your mentality if you need to make such a comment to back your argument-non-argument.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 107
topuphere666
July 30, 2012, 5:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
The questions about GTFC would be a bit pants, i like opposition fans who come on here and give us a bit of excrement. I wouldn't be arsed to google Forest Green just to register on their forum etc..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Alfie

I perceive that as racist!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 107
upthestripes
July 30, 2012, 5:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
In the future the Fishy will be virtual and we'll all meet up as avatars made of light.
Our brains will have to be directly hooked up to the forum, so unfortunately a handful of posters won't be able to connect
Aaron will just about get online but will keep flickering on and off, therefore having to constantly ask people if they can see him.
Many people will be less quick to threaten or insult others when they can see how big they actually are, and knowing that they can also see who they are.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 107
luda169
July 30, 2012, 6:03pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

You ARE Cleefish And I claim my £5

no/ your nearly right I.m his relation .utmm.nice win to morrow to kick start the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
In the future the Fishy will be virtual and we'll all meet up as avatars made of light.
Our brains will have to be directly hooked up to the forum, so unfortunately a handful of posters won't be able to connect
Aaron will just about get online but will keep flickering on and off, therefore having to constantly ask people if they can see him.
Many people will be less quick to threaten or insult others when they can see how big they actually are, and knowing that they can also see who they are.
  like it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 107
topuphere666
July 30, 2012, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Haha I like it stripey man! Although anything I say on here to people I would also say in reality!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 107
Marinerz93
July 30, 2012, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from marinerian

Also not everyone will agree or like you. I am sure a fair few posters can not stand me.

I only tolerate you because I have more hair and I am considerably much taller than yoooh  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 107
Hagrid
July 30, 2012, 6:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Aaron rattray sums this up, I try to help him with constructive critiscism negative reps me!  Just plain idiocy! Fishy for over 18's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 107
grimsby pete
July 30, 2012, 6:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
If a few more posters just thought for a minute before posting abuse,

AND

Thought," would I like it if someone said that to me" ?

They maybe would think twice,

Juat because I disagree with what someone says on here, does not give me the right to abuse them.

Politness cost nothing, if you do not have anything nice to say to a poster,

Say nothing, just post your views on the subject not the poster.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 7:21pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Aaron rattray sums this up, I try to help him with constructive critiscism negative reps me!  Just plain idiocy! Fishy for over 18's

You gave me a negative rep first, if anybody gives me a plus i give them a plus but if anybody gives me a negative i give them a negative, simple

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 7:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

This
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 63 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I only tolerate you because I have more hair and I am considerably much taller than yoooh  

But I only tolerate you because I take pitty on divs

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 107
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 30, 2012, 7:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
One reason why the Fishy has gone downhill a bit is that the club is not in an absolute nail biting will-we-won't-we-survive crisis like we were a year ago and for the previous two years before that. It's a fact of life that adversity gets people together better than anything.

The crisis over Newell, his sacking, the appointment and performance of Woods, the relegation, the performance of the first BSP season ............. it was all bad but it brought out the best in posters on here. I mean, at the moment would Poojah be writing his epic?

Things are not great but there is a general feeling the managers are doing OK, the signings have pleased the fans, the signs are good ....... so far. But once you've had a few penn'orth about Simon Ford or the new ground proposal, the other stuff doesn't excite us and it doesn't have the same kind of bite as discussing Woods' close season signings and pre-season training.

In fact it doesn't leave a massive amount to get your teeth into at all does it? So we get these childish posts and stupid insults that do no-one any good plus a few trolls who don't have anything better to do. Ignoring all that completely is the best way.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker

You gave me a negative rep first, if anybody gives me a plus i give them a plus but if anybody gives me a negative i give them a negative, simple
thats karma for you Aaron(what you give out you get back)  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 107
I am Um Bongo
July 30, 2012, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker

Um Bongo thinks this be the stupidest thing ever, and Um Bongo has read some stupid things.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 107
voice of reason
July 30, 2012, 7:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from I am Um Bongo

Um Bongo thinks this be the stupidest thing ever, and Um Bongo has read some stupid things.

Why don't you just leave him alone? You've been on his case since signing up...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker

Things are not great but there is a general feeling the managers are doing OK, the signings have pleased the fans, the signs are good ....... so far. But once you've had a few penn'orth about Simon Ford or the new ground proposal, the other stuff doesn't excite us and it doesn't have the same kind of bite as discussing Woods' close season signings and pre-season training..
only thing Ron is Scotts management style.Seems to f and blind a lot and expects a lot from the players (rightly so).However players are not machines and some do not not benefit from the "bawling" which strikes me which is something that is so symptomatic  of Scotts management style.Some players benefit from other forms of man-managment style (from what I have read from players in the game )

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 107
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 30, 2012, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from Rick12
only thing Ron is Scotts management style.Seems to f and blind a lot and expects a lot from the players (rightly so).However players are not machines and some do not not benefit from the "bawling" which strikes me which is something that is so symptomatic  of Scotts management style.Some players benefit from other forms of man-managment style (from what I have read from players in the game )

You may well be right Rick but my point was more that this seems a minor detail compared to the life & death stuff we were posting about a year or two back.

If things go pear shaped before Christmas I think we will see the Fishy back to its old standards.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 7:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

All the bleedin time, okay i hold my hands up and admit, im not the cleverest of posters but i do try

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
Garth
July 30, 2012, 7:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Paul62

Shropshire Eh! Did Black Haddock post from there, never hear from him nowerdays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
I am Um Bongo
July 30, 2012, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker

Why no leave Um Bongo alone you bully, be on my back all the time, hypocrite.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
Les Brechin
July 30, 2012, 8:10pm

Quoted from Garth

Shropshire Eh! Did Black Haddock post from there, never hear from him nowerdays

Black Haddock does still post on here but he's undergone a character change recently.  

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
marinette
July 30, 2012, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
From what I've seen, this forum quite often goes through a phase of navel-gazing, where certain individuals complain about how rubbish it is and blame others, without posting anything constructive themselves.  I remember it happening when Icy was around, certainly, and probably even before then.  It's nothing new.  There have always been fierce arguments, insults, abuse, trolls and posters who just wind people up, ever since Slade was in charge.  Not saying that's how it should be, but it's not exactly a new phenomenon.  People tend to have very selective memories.  If the overall number of posters or viewers has dropped significantly then I'd be very surprised - perhaps that would be a truer indication of whether or not things were really going 'downhill'.  

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 8:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from lee65

Totally agree!!
A hell of a lot of keyboard warriors on here now who just wants to abuse and pick up on any silly grammar mistakes ect
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 107
TimMickleburgh
July 30, 2012, 8:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Hypocrites!The abuse I received on here from certain individuals was disgraceful,some of them are now complaining of a lowering of standards on the fishy.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
Les Brechin
July 30, 2012, 8:22pm

Quoted from Simariner

Totally agree!!
A hell of a lot of keyboard warriors on here now who just wants to abuse and pick up on any silly grammar mistakes ect

ETC.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 8:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

ETC.  

I was wondering who the first was to pick up on that hehe  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 79 - 107
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 30, 2012, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Les Brechin

i agree  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 107
GYinScuntland
July 30, 2012, 8:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Les Brechin

ETC.  

Don't be so pendantic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
Dan
July 30, 2012, 9:01pm

Exile
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This

How old was you when you joined? I seem to recall you were the aaron of your day. Maybe he's got a chance after all

But seriously, the anonymity of the internet is well proven to make people dicks. Most of us aren't, but there you go. I don't think there's any need for this site to change, we just need maccabilk back to put people in their place.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 9:25pm

Brandy Drinker
The ones who are in the CodHead hall of fame should stay!!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8502003
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 9:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Dan

How old was you when you joined? I seem to recall you were the aaron of your day. Maybe he's got a chance after all

But seriously, the anonymity of the internet is well proven to make people dicks. Most of us aren't, but there you go. I don't think there's any need for this site to change, we just need maccabilk back to put people in their place.

Joined on October 31, 2008, 5:58pm That would make me 18, and a regular on here for almost four years.  I wouldn't say I was the Aaron of my day but I certainly didn't have the rapport with some people as I do now. I grew up fast and I think a lot of the younger people on here did the same when they joined and saw the standard of conversation. I have been in Aaron's situation albeit not for long and forgive me for speaking out of turn but I saw similar with ConnorGTFC and he changed his attitude early on much as I did and now I think he's a decent poster. At the end of the day if you expect to to be treat like an adult then behave like one. Aaron has been posting on here for what, 18 months? and has been warned how many times? I can only speak for myself but as someone who can empathise with the fella, I gave him some advice and that was a year ago, as I am certain other people have too. Has anyone been listened too?
Logged Offline
Reply: 84 - 107
GrimRob
July 30, 2012, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Several issues here, but here's my thoughts.

1. As long as people carry on using the Fishy in its present form, then it will remain essentially as it is. We obviously have had to make a few changes to make it harder for bots to post spam (and I challenge anyone to find one of these on the site - if you do please report it). We have a few other ideas but they'll essentially be tweaks.
2. If you don't think a post is inappropriate please use the "report" button. This goes to the mods and we will give it consideration. We might not always act, but as Biccys has said we can't go through every thread every day looking for rogue posts. There's no point fuming about stuff which we might be totally unaware of!
3. The internet has changed since the old Fishy was around and the nature of the site has changed since then We used to have a large team of people who posted news and articles up on the site all the time - that still happens but it's the forum users who do it a lot more than we do, as well as sites like Twitter and Facebook which nobody had even thought of back then. There are still people who don't use the forums at all so the rest of the site still exists, but it is updated much less frequently.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 107
gary_elton
July 30, 2012, 9:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from Biccys

I hope a certain young lady I know gets approval.... she's a babe and likes Stella...    

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 107
voice of reason
July 30, 2012, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker

Joined on October 31, 2008, 5:58pm That would make me 18, and a regular on here for almost four years.  I wouldn't say I was the Aaron of my day but I certainly didn't have the rapport with some people as I do now. I grew up fast and I think a lot of the younger people on here did the same when they joined and saw the standard of conversation. I have been in Aaron's situation albeit not for long and forgive me for speaking out of turn but I saw similar with ConnorGTFC and he changed his attitude early on much as I did and now I think he's a decent poster. At the end of the day if you expect to to be treat like an adult then behave like one. Aaron has been posting on here for what, 18 months? and has been warned how many times? I can only speak for myself but as someone who can empathise with the fella, I gave him some advice and that was a year ago, as I am certain other people have too. Has anyone been listened too?

The standard of conversation??? It's hardly Mensa is it??? Perhaps he doesn't see you lot as role models - hence why he may not have taken your advice...

I think the best thing that could happen on the fishy is - people remove their head from their bottom and people block rattray if he bothers you sooooooooooooooooo much....

Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 9:44pm
Season Ticket Holder

The standard of conversation??? It's hardly Mensa is it??? Perhaps he doesn't see you lot as role models - hence why he may not have taken your advice...

I think the best thing that could happen on the fishy is - people remove their head from their bottom and people block rattray if he bothers you sooooooooooooooooo much....

No you're right its not Mensa, but at the same you want to read something that makes sense.
Logged Offline
Reply: 88 - 107
ginnywings
July 30, 2012, 9:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548

Agreed. Every bloody thread on here turns into an Aaron thread, this one included.

If you don't like what he says then block him or do as i do, which is to read his posts, have a little chuckle or shake of the head (or both) and move on to the next post.

A few posters annoy me on here but i don't feel the need to point it out ad infinitum.

I also agree with most of Marinette's points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 9:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed. Every bloody thread on here turns into an Aaron thread, this one included.

If you don't like what he says then block him or do as i do, which is to read his posts, have a little chuckle or shake of the head (or both) and move on to the next post.

I think Aaron ultimately means well though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 107
STB
July 30, 2012, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
The Fishy may be awash with cretins but at least they're GTFC cretins.
I'd rather share my view with a GTFC cretin than a professor from Barnsley.

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 107
connorGTFC
July 30, 2012, 9:54pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -14

but I saw similar with ConnorGTFC and he changed his attitude early on much as I did and now I think he's a decent poster. At the end of the day if you expect to to be treat like an adult then behave like one.

Thanks mate, much appreciated, should I ever meet you, I will shake your hand and in nineteen days time I will be able to buy you a pint legally
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 9:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from connorGTFC

Thanks mate, much appreciated, should I ever meet you, I will shake your hand and in nineteen days time I will be able to buy you a pint legally

First one is on me
Logged Offline
Reply: 93 - 107
voice of reason
July 30, 2012, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
  I think Aaron ultimately means well though.

Whether he means well or not, he certainly doesn't do any harm to anyone... I mean you have idiots like, Um Bongo, who seemingly signed up to argue with him, people claiming to be his girlfriend, his dad and god knows who else...

You get the mensa crowd who want stimulating conversation and claim to be soooooo annoyed with every thread descending into 'a rattray thread' that they quote him constantly...

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker

Whether he means well or not, he certainly doesn't do any harm to anyone... I mean you have idiots like, Um Bongo, who seemingly signed up to argue with him, people claiming to be his girlfriend, his dad and god knows who else...

You get the mensa crowd who want stimulating conversation and claim to be soooooo annoyed with every thread descending into 'a rattray thread' that they quote him constantly...
   thats the spectre of life that society consists of all sorts

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 107
GYinScuntland
July 30, 2012, 10:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ginnywings

A few posters annoy me on here but i don't feel the need to point it out ad infinitum.

I also agree with most of Marinette's points.

You can please some of the posters all of the time and all of the posters some of the time, you will never please all of the posters all of the time. That's a good stance to take.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 107
Marinerz93
July 30, 2012, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Maybe we should have an exclusive members board were the more refined among us can confabulate spondiforous compunctuations of the beautiful game.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
Maybe we should have an exclusive members board were the more refined among us can confabulate spondiforous compunctuations of the beautiful game.

count me in  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 107
connorGTFC
July 30, 2012, 10:14pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -14

First one is on me

Bottle of drambuie if you please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 107
gary_elton
July 30, 2012, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from STB
The Fishy may be awash with cretins but at least they're GTFC cretins.
I'd rather share my view with a GTFC cretin than a professor from Barnsley.

would that be Professor Geoffrey Boycott ? or Professor Michael Parkinson ? either way...

I tend to agree with you  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 10:58pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Most threads turn into an aaron thread cos they qoute my posts and don't talk about football, then sometimes they are the first to complain even though it is them who have done it and everybody must agree the general quality of my posts have improved

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
STB
July 31, 2012, 12:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton

would that be Professor Geoffrey Boycott ? or Professor Michael Parkinson ? either way...

I tend to agree with you  

Cheers prof  

Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
CairnsMariner
July 31, 2012, 2:09am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
I like the idea of new members requiring approval to post - should stop a few of the timewasters and non-Town fans (I recently had to seek approval to access a Birmingham Historical website, which, had I not really wanted to access a certain photo, would have given up on, the first time I couldn't read those stupid "retype these two words" prompt).

The idea of limiting access to certain groups (over 18s/only those who post a certain number of times each day) seems pretty unfair to me. Surely we all need to encourage more people to follow the Mariners, and by preventing access to specific groups to any of the social aspects of being a Town fan, can only damage that. I don't get to see Town, I don't engage in banter on here (few people are up when I come on the site - and nobody responds to me anyway) and I doubt that I personally know anyone on here, but it is still the best way for me to keep in touch with what is going on at Town, and occassionally something inspires me to share an opinion or a memory. Whether anyone else is of interest doesn't really matter. Being a small part of a forum like this maintains my connection to the club. And I do visit daily. So why should I be excluded?

I like the Fishy pretty much as it is. Some threads I find annoying or uninteresting but I choose not to waste my time on those and move on. Same with certain posts/posters. If we all avoided the nonsence and the repetitive, eventually those responsible might grow up or go away.

But let's not get into excluding genuine Town fans. We are a small enough group as it is. And as long as everyone on here wants to see us back where we belong, isn't that enough?

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
tashee69
January 4, 2013, 11:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958

I don't always have time to post, when I do it is in batches. A better way would be to look at the reputation. The negatives in comparison to the positives.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 107
shotandcursed
January 4, 2013, 11:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Can we get rid of pompous, patronising old duffers wlike the o.p.?

Another thing the fishy has been critcised for over tge years is that a lot of the posters are cliquey-I-was-here-first-types.

The mods do a great job and althiugh some folk are a bit annoying,yiu can find quality posters anytime of the day!

Check iut the sterility of lincolnvital if you wanna know what an ovrr-moderated site is like!

Remember thete is a block button too!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 107
lukeo
January 5, 2013, 7:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,355
Gold Stars: 143
if someone is constantly being a pain and a sharp object ban there IP, simple. If someone is on here just bantering, it's all part of football and should stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
JoeTheMariner
January 5, 2013, 8:42am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Could there be a like button for posts? Like on Facebook?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.