WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 30, 2012, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Les Brechin
The recent influx of spambots who just seem to just copy and post a line from a previous post aren't helping either.

i agree  

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 107
GYinScuntland
July 30, 2012, 8:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Les Brechin

ETC.  

Don't be so pendantic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
Dan
July 30, 2012, 9:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This

How old was you when you joined? I seem to recall you were the aaron of your day. Maybe he's got a chance after all

But seriously, the anonymity of the internet is well proven to make people dicks. Most of us aren't, but there you go. I don't think there's any need for this site to change, we just need maccabilk back to put people in their place.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 9:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
The ones who are in the CodHead hall of fame should stay!!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8502003
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 9:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Dan

How old was you when you joined? I seem to recall you were the aaron of your day. Maybe he's got a chance after all

But seriously, the anonymity of the internet is well proven to make people dicks. Most of us aren't, but there you go. I don't think there's any need for this site to change, we just need maccabilk back to put people in their place.

Joined on October 31, 2008, 5:58pm That would make me 18, and a regular on here for almost four years.  I wouldn't say I was the Aaron of my day but I certainly didn't have the rapport with some people as I do now. I grew up fast and I think a lot of the younger people on here did the same when they joined and saw the standard of conversation. I have been in Aaron's situation albeit not for long and forgive me for speaking out of turn but I saw similar with ConnorGTFC and he changed his attitude early on much as I did and now I think he's a decent poster. At the end of the day if you expect to to be treat like an adult then behave like one. Aaron has been posting on here for what, 18 months? and has been warned how many times? I can only speak for myself but as someone who can empathise with the fella, I gave him some advice and that was a year ago, as I am certain other people have too. Has anyone been listened too?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 84 - 107
GrimRob
July 30, 2012, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Several issues here, but here's my thoughts.

1. As long as people carry on using the Fishy in its present form, then it will remain essentially as it is. We obviously have had to make a few changes to make it harder for bots to post spam (and I challenge anyone to find one of these on the site - if you do please report it). We have a few other ideas but they'll essentially be tweaks.
2. If you don't think a post is inappropriate please use the "report" button. This goes to the mods and we will give it consideration. We might not always act, but as Biccys has said we can't go through every thread every day looking for rogue posts. There's no point fuming about stuff which we might be totally unaware of!
3. The internet has changed since the old Fishy was around and the nature of the site has changed since then We used to have a large team of people who posted news and articles up on the site all the time - that still happens but it's the forum users who do it a lot more than we do, as well as sites like Twitter and Facebook which nobody had even thought of back then. There are still people who don't use the forums at all so the rest of the site still exists, but it is updated much less frequently.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 107
gary_elton
July 30, 2012, 9:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from Biccys
They should be massively reduced now Les. There's a new process to get approval of a moderator to start posting. I go through all of the submitted requests in the mornings, today there were about 75 new "accounts" registered. These would all have previously been able to post with impunity so Rob is on the case!

I hope a certain young lady I know gets approval.... she's a babe and likes Stella...    

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 107
voice of reason
July 30, 2012, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Joined on October 31, 2008, 5:58pm That would make me 18, and a regular on here for almost four years.  I wouldn't say I was the Aaron of my day but I certainly didn't have the rapport with some people as I do now. I grew up fast and I think a lot of the younger people on here did the same when they joined and saw the standard of conversation. I have been in Aaron's situation albeit not for long and forgive me for speaking out of turn but I saw similar with ConnorGTFC and he changed his attitude early on much as I did and now I think he's a decent poster. At the end of the day if you expect to to be treat like an adult then behave like one. Aaron has been posting on here for what, 18 months? and has been warned how many times? I can only speak for myself but as someone who can empathise with the fella, I gave him some advice and that was a year ago, as I am certain other people have too. Has anyone been listened too?

The standard of conversation??? It's hardly Mensa is it??? Perhaps he doesn't see you lot as role models - hence why he may not have taken your advice...

I think the best thing that could happen on the fishy is - people remove their head from their bottom and people block rattray if he bothers you sooooooooooooooooo much....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
Wrawby_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 9:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Quoted from voice of reason

The standard of conversation??? It's hardly Mensa is it??? Perhaps he doesn't see you lot as role models - hence why he may not have taken your advice...

I think the best thing that could happen on the fishy is - people remove their head from their bottom and people block rattray if he bothers you sooooooooooooooooo much....

No you're right its not Mensa, but at the same you want to read something that makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 88 - 107
ginnywings
July 30, 2012, 9:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from voice of reason

Agreed. Every bloody thread on here turns into an Aaron thread, this one included.

If you don't like what he says then block him or do as i do, which is to read his posts, have a little chuckle or shake of the head (or both) and move on to the next post.

A few posters annoy me on here but i don't feel the need to point it out ad infinitum.

I also agree with most of Marinette's points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.