TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 30, 2012, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
only thing Ron is Scotts management style.Seems to f and blind a lot and expects a lot from the players (rightly so).However players are not machines and some do not not benefit from the "bawling" which strikes me which is something that is so symptomatic  of Scotts management style.Some players benefit from other forms of man-managment style (from what I have read from players in the game )

You may well be right Rick but my point was more that this seems a minor detail compared to the life & death stuff we were posting about a year or two back.

If things go pear shaped before Christmas I think we will see the Fishy back to its old standards.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 7:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from voice of reason

Why don't you just leave him alone? You've been on his case since signing up...

All the bleedin time, okay i hold my hands up and admit, im not the cleverest of posters but i do try

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
Garth
July 30, 2012, 7:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Paul62
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.

Shropshire Eh! Did Black Haddock post from there, never hear from him nowerdays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
I am Um Bongo
July 30, 2012, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from voice of reason

Why don't you just leave him alone? You've been on his case since signing up...

Why no leave Um Bongo alone you bully, be on my back all the time, hypocrite.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
Les Brechin
July 30, 2012, 8:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Garth

Shropshire Eh! Did Black Haddock post from there, never hear from him nowerdays

Black Haddock does still post on here but he's undergone a character change recently.  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
marinette
July 30, 2012, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
From what I've seen, this forum quite often goes through a phase of navel-gazing, where certain individuals complain about how rubbish it is and blame others, without posting anything constructive themselves.  I remember it happening when Icy was around, certainly, and probably even before then.  It's nothing new.  There have always been fierce arguments, insults, abuse, trolls and posters who just wind people up, ever since Slade was in charge.  Not saying that's how it should be, but it's not exactly a new phenomenon.  People tend to have very selective memories.  If the overall number of posters or viewers has dropped significantly then I'd be very surprised - perhaps that would be a truer indication of whether or not things were really going 'downhill'.  

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 8:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from lee65

This is the reason that some give you a hard time, please think about what you write.  My "average" is 0.18 ish, but when I comment it is usually football related and hopefully reasoned.  I'm 47, read the Fishy everyday and remember the "Electronic Fishcake" well (can you?)

Totally agree!!
A hell of a lot of keyboard warriors on here now who just wants to abuse and pick up on any silly grammar mistakes ect
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 107
TimMickleburgh
July 30, 2012, 8:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Hypocrites!The abuse I received on here from certain individuals was disgraceful,some of them are now complaining of a lowering of standards on the fishy.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
Les Brechin
July 30, 2012, 8:22pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Simariner

Totally agree!!
A hell of a lot of keyboard warriors on here now who just wants to abuse and pick up on any silly grammar mistakes ect

ETC.  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
Simariner
July 30, 2012, 8:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from Les Brechin

ETC.  

I was wondering who the first was to pick up on that hehe  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 79 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.