Gainsbro_Mariner
July 30, 2012, 2:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from lee65

This is the reason that some give you a hard time, please think about what you write.  My "average" is 0.18 ish, but when I comment it is usually football related and hopefully reasoned.  I'm 47, read the Fishy everyday and remember the "Electronic Fishcake" well (can you?)

Daydreaming of the old Fishy Rivals.net wasn't too bad at all, was easy to post on other clubs forums the good old days  

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 107
lee65
July 30, 2012, 2:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
I seem to feel that back then there were less sources of up to date info and debate, so when I first found the EF it was a revelation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 107
luda169
July 30, 2012, 2:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0

Myself I have been a M8 of cleefish for a number of years and have been a member on here for a short while he told me when  I joined that there was fairness and great banter on here and its always first with the news and freinds who help each other which I've found already so please keep up the good work. UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 107
Alfie
July 30, 2012, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Aaron may be a little twerp but he's in no way the only source of tedium on this site.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Alfie
Aaron may be a little twerp but he's in no way the only source of tedium on this site.
I actually don't mind him.Some of his posts do make me smile although I admit others are a bit off

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 107
upthestripes
July 30, 2012, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.40
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from luda169

Myself I have been a M8 of cleefish for a number of years and have been a member on here for a short while he told me when  I joined that there was fairness and great banter on here and its always first with the news and freinds who help each other which I've found already so please keep up the good work. UTMM.

You ARE Cleefish And I claim my £5

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 3:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Alfie

Yes agree, yourself and Headingley push him close for that top spot for most annoying  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Paul62
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.

There are always going to be people who like to hurl abuse.

There are a few on here who I would like to have 'word with' but it isnt worth it.

Just ignore those who are not nice.

Most on here have a great line of banter and when you kniw and get to know people you realise not all of the 'abuse' is real.

Rob.and Biccys do a great job.

Billo did a fab job on the EF......especially when rivals banned me for life and he unbanned me

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 107
roundballovalhole
July 30, 2012, 4:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As an older Fishy reader and member, can I ask the moderators to start to eliminate some of the trolls that appear to be ruining this board?

This was the best board for Town fans to voice their opinions in a mostly constructive way - now it appears otherwise. If it is to regain the excellence that once existed, then action needs to be taken to remove some of the childish crap that is beginning to spoil it for the genuine fan.

Non football!

Now go back to spitting out your tea over the daily mail/express!

Reply: 48 - 107
Alfie
July 30, 2012, 4:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from marinerian

Yes agree, yourself and Headingley push him close for that top spot for most annoying  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.