gary_elton
July 30, 2012, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from STB
The Fishy may be awash with cretins but at least they're GTFC cretins.
I'd rather share my view with a GTFC cretin than a professor from Barnsley.

would that be Professor Geoffrey Boycott ? or Professor Michael Parkinson ? either way...

I tend to agree with you  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 10:58pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Most threads turn into an aaron thread cos they qoute my posts and don't talk about football, then sometimes they are the first to complain even though it is them who have done it and everybody must agree the general quality of my posts have improved

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
STB
July 31, 2012, 12:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from gary_elton

would that be Professor Geoffrey Boycott ? or Professor Michael Parkinson ? either way...

I tend to agree with you  

Cheers prof  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
CairnsMariner
July 31, 2012, 2:09am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
I like the idea of new members requiring approval to post - should stop a few of the timewasters and non-Town fans (I recently had to seek approval to access a Birmingham Historical website, which, had I not really wanted to access a certain photo, would have given up on, the first time I couldn't read those stupid "retype these two words" prompt).

The idea of limiting access to certain groups (over 18s/only those who post a certain number of times each day) seems pretty unfair to me. Surely we all need to encourage more people to follow the Mariners, and by preventing access to specific groups to any of the social aspects of being a Town fan, can only damage that. I don't get to see Town, I don't engage in banter on here (few people are up when I come on the site - and nobody responds to me anyway) and I doubt that I personally know anyone on here, but it is still the best way for me to keep in touch with what is going on at Town, and occassionally something inspires me to share an opinion or a memory. Whether anyone else is of interest doesn't really matter. Being a small part of a forum like this maintains my connection to the club. And I do visit daily. So why should I be excluded?

I like the Fishy pretty much as it is. Some threads I find annoying or uninteresting but I choose not to waste my time on those and move on. Same with certain posts/posters. If we all avoided the nonsence and the repetitive, eventually those responsible might grow up or go away.

But let's not get into excluding genuine Town fans. We are a small enough group as it is. And as long as everyone on here wants to see us back where we belong, isn't that enough?

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
tashee69
January 4, 2013, 11:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +966
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from aaron rattray
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

I don't always have time to post, when I do it is in batches. A better way would be to look at the reputation. The negatives in comparison to the positives.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 107
shotandcursed
January 4, 2013, 11:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Can we get rid of pompous, patronising old duffers wlike the o.p.?

Another thing the fishy has been critcised for over tge years is that a lot of the posters are cliquey-I-was-here-first-types.

The mods do a great job and althiugh some folk are a bit annoying,yiu can find quality posters anytime of the day!

Check iut the sterility of lincolnvital if you wanna know what an ovrr-moderated site is like!

Remember thete is a block button too!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 107
lukeo
January 5, 2013, 7:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
if someone is constantly being a pain and a sharp object ban there IP, simple. If someone is on here just bantering, it's all part of football and should stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
JoeTheMariner
January 5, 2013, 8:42am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Could there be a like button for posts? Like on Facebook?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.