MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Biccys
You'd be amazed at how many posts are removed and accounts removed every day...

Again I reiterate, if there are posts or posters that are breaching the forum guidelines please let the mods know by PM and we will try to make sure we catch anything that gets through the net.

We all have full time jobs and can't monitor the whole time but we do our best.

Appreciate your response Biccys.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 107
aaron rattray
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 107
Rick12
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Biccys
They should be massively reduced now Les. There's a new process to get approval of a moderator to start posting. I go through all of the submitted requests in the mornings, today there were about 75 new "accounts" registered. These would all have previously been able to post with impunity so Rob is on the case!
fair play to the both of you

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 107
MuddyWaters
July 30, 2012, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from aaron rattray
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

Aaron, please think about what you post. Some fans don't get the opportunity to come on here in the week because their work PC may well be monitored for use. Just because you have time to post doesn't mean that others do.

I don't wish to sound personal, but some of your 'random excrement' - as you so eloquently put it - is the reason why we seem to get so many trolls.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 107
Dan
July 30, 2012, 12:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
As a wise man once said, if you don't like it don't flipping come.

Which is why I don't, really, anymore.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 107
aaron rattray
July 30, 2012, 12:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Aaron, please think about what you post. Some fans don't get the opportunity to come on here in the week because their work PC may well be monitored for use. Just because you have time to post doesn't mean that others do.

I don't wish to sound personal, but some of your 'random excrement' - as you so eloquently put it - is the reason why we seem to get so many trolls.

Well surely people know the difference between a troll who posts once 3 days to a good poster who posts 1 every 3days

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 107
Southwark Mariner
July 30, 2012, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
perhaps there should be a mariners test to pass to get on the board. I seem to remember a Manchester City game where home fans had to prove they were Grimsby supporters to get a ticket and so avoid Man City fans clogging up the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 107
STB
July 30, 2012, 12:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Les Brechin
The recent influx of spambots who just seem to just copy and post a line from a previous post aren't helping either.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 107
sparkles
July 30, 2012, 12:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
perhaps there should be a mariners test to pass to get on the board. I seem to remember a Manchester City game where home fans had to prove they were Grimsby supporters to get a ticket and so avoid Man City fans clogging up the place.

so basically, if you dont know enough about GTFC you arent welcome?? When I joined, I knew nothing. my fella asked me to go with him, I went, loved it and decided that if I ws going to start going regularly I should learn more about the team, the fans, the politics of the club.
Your idea seems a bit elitist to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 107
Fishfinger
July 30, 2012, 1:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from aaron rattray

Seriously?What a ridiculous thing to say. People can post whenever they like.Oh, and I love you how you say they post 'random excrement' !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.