This thread currently has 18,027 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
realityman
July 15, 2012, 12:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
DROP THIS 433 SYSTEM! GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH! GET THEM GELLED! STOP PLAYING KIDS! COMPLETE YOUR SIGNINGS! and WAKE UP! Every minute of pre season counts and i am afraid this one is following last years pattern with excuses already. Stop making them and get on with it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
July 15, 2012, 12:53pm
Guest User
Do not feed the troll, or even better block him.
Reply: 1 - 103
ginnywings
July 15, 2012, 12:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Big Sunday afternoon YAWN!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
Super Clive
July 15, 2012, 12:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I agree with some of what you're  saying and I think we'll see strong teams next week v donny and dull when the team are ready to play more minutes ie what Paul said last night with the players playing 60 mins rather than 45.

As for the 433 pre season is for tinkering and you take the risk with what the team gels with. The jury is out for that system, my only thoughts are the more we use it the more we'll get better at it.

You take the risk, I don't want to see the same last year with a slow start  but the managers are in a better place to judge than us.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
Havelock the Dane
July 15, 2012, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
4-3-3 means Hearn wasted on the wing. Stoopido!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 103
oldun
July 15, 2012, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
No he is not he is dangerous coming in from wide and has scored loads of goals from that position in the past. If it is 433 then expect Aswad Thomas to be getting forward to link up with him. I am not saying play it all the time but it is a good option. Finally, I reckon whatever formation we play Elding is going to find it tough to be first choice now Cook and Pearson are here. good competition though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
Garth
July 15, 2012, 1:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from oldun
No he is not he is dangerous coming in from wide and has scored loads of goals from that position in the past. If it is 433 then expect Aswad Thomas to be getting forward to link up with him. I am not saying play it all the time but it is a good option. Finally, I reckon whatever formation we play Elding is going to find it tough to be first choice now Cook and Pearson are here. good competition though.

Early days I know but both Cook and Elding were easily mastered yesterday, and its my guess that both will be behind G pearson and Hearn in the near future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
80sglory
July 15, 2012, 1:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from realityman
GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH!

Isn't pre-season about experimentation and gathering information?
Do we or they even know what the first choice team is anyway ?
As for kids, it's been about putting out 2 teams for 45 mins for fitness.
433 ? Much better to take "risks" in pre-season (not that there are any in pre-season !) and the real race doesn't start for another month.

This "Hearn on the "wing" thing doesn't please me either, but surely "wing" indicates more of a 451 than a 433 ?
If he can stay up top, then I don't necessarily have a problem with him on the left.
For me it's just whether he ends up being dragged back too "far and wide" or not.
But again, you can'r read too much into things at this stage and no doubt understanding of formations and player roles will improve over time.
Reply: 7 - 103
roundballovalhole
July 15, 2012, 1:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1739
Do not feed the troll, or even better block him.

He actually makes valid points!
Winning is a habit that we need to get into.

Mediocrity (and that would describe drawing against a Sunday league team) is one we need to get out of.  Even if we are playing 16 yr olds, they should be able to beat players who dont have contracts with a professional club side!

Yet again, folk on here are predicting Town to be promoted (playoffs at least) without any evidence that we are making progress!

Get the fans onside s and h, that means winning in an entertaing manner against teams far below us in the pyramid!

Reply: 8 - 103
hook line and sinker
July 15, 2012, 1:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from realityman
DROP THIS 433 SYSTEM! GET YOU FIRST CHOICE TEAM OUT EVERY MATCH! GET THEM GELLED! STOP PLAYING KIDS! COMPLETE YOUR SIGNINGS! and WAKE UP! Every minute of pre season counts and i am afraid this one is following last years pattern with excuses already. Stop making them and get on with it!  

i agree with u about the 433 which has never worked and the fact it means hearn out on the left which he is a wasted talent out there imo (but he does seem to link up well with thomas) i agree with not playing the yt's as it will be very rare for any of them to actually get a first team game this season, they say it is for experience but whats the chances of any of them actually making it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SOME ADVICE FOR S and H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.