Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Players fans thought were good but . .
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

Players fans thought were good but . .

This thread currently has 13,941 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
June 14, 2012, 2:54pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Abdul19

The first bit - eh?!

No-one rated Beagrie and Mendes at all anyway!

A few town fans called the back four of mcdermott, young or crane and hockless and the left back then the fab 4 even though none of them was fab

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 14, 2012, 3:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Super Clive
Paul warhurst.
Clint marchelle
Pinult

Clint Marcelle no one rated, he was a pointless signing. If I remember correctly, Slade had said that either Marcelle, Mansaram or that trialist Abdul would be offered a deal, but he gave Clint and Flash one. He was like 36 when we signed him and had been playing in Non League for years. Pinault was over rated yes!

Also

John Thorrington (was awesome at Huddersfield, came here and did nothing)
Iffy Onuora
Isaiah Rankin
Iain Anderson

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Abdul19
June 14, 2012, 3:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Clint Marcelle no one rated, he was a pointless signing. If I remember correctly, Slade had said that either Marcelle, Mansaram or that trialist Abdul would be offered a deal, but he gave Clint and Flash one. He was like 36 when we signed him and had been playing in Non League for years. Pinault was over rated yes!

Also

John Thorrington (was awesome at Huddersfield, came here and did nothing)
Iffy Onuora
Isaiah Rankin
Iain Anderson

We'd be in the top flight by now if he'd signed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Rodley Mariner
June 14, 2012, 3:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and Hockless. What a band.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
prestonmariner
June 14, 2012, 3:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
I really thought Damien Spencer would do the business for us, but he was probably the biggest dissapointment going. Him and Joe Widdowson (who everyone at Rochdale thinks is good), but i still think was utter excrement for us.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
Manchester Mariner
June 14, 2012, 3:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Mike Newell was the biggest dissapointment I've ever seen at town.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
Les Brechin
June 14, 2012, 3:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Chima Okorie.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
biggles9999
June 14, 2012, 3:44pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from aaron rattray

A few town fans called the back four of mcdermott, young or crane and hockless and the left back then the fab 4 even though none of them was fab

Hockless was a winger, he never played in defence.

If I remember rightly the defence for most of the time when Hockless played was Crowe/McDermott, Crane, Ford/Edwards and Barnard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
Kris2
June 14, 2012, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Jean-louis Akpa Akpro. Look like he should have been good, Had a similar look to Drogba tall strong looking African footballer with some pace on him. I thought he would be good after seeing him in a reserves game. Everyone else was convinced for a long time him being good was just down to him needing more games.

Several games later he still managed most games with zero shots on target and his pace was used to run into the corner and do sodomist all with the ball. He had his moments i guess like 1 in 20 matches but for the most part he was crap.

Also Rob Atkinson i thought was rubbish even though people thought he was ace.

Danny North. Utter crap but praised for the few good games he had simply because he was a local lad and everything local is the best thing ever to some fans.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Jarmo.Is.God
June 14, 2012, 4:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Kris2
Jean-louis Akpa Akpro. Look like he should have been good, Had a similar look to Drogba tall strong looking African footballer with some pace on him. I thought he would be good after seeing him in a reserves game. Everyone else was convinced for a long time him being good was just down to him needing more games.

Several games later he still managed most games with zero shots on target and his pace was used to run into the corner and do sodomist all with the ball. He had his moments i guess like 1 in 20 matches but for the most part he was crap.

Also Rob Atkinson i thought was rubbish even though people thought he was ace.

Danny North. Utter crap but praised for the few good games he had simply because he was a local lad and everything local is the best thing ever to some fans.

i disagree, i liked akpa akpro, from a opposition point of view he was a nightmare, really got him self stuck in there and would love him back here !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Players fans thought were good but . .

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.