Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › One less place to build a new stadium, now where?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

One less place to build a new stadium, now where?

This thread currently has 15,937 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 24, 2012, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club
My latest information is that the former Western School site is an option, council looking to sell on  as its costing them money, win win.

That is what I heard.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
marinerian
April 24, 2012, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Build it near the Humber Bridge and move the Town of Grimsby with it  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
rancido
April 24, 2012, 3:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
how on earth teams such as Brighton rovrum doncaster colchester  chesterfield shrewsbury  morecambe etc all get new grounds is beyond me.O'wait its because of our lack of ambition from both club and council. Why all that money was spent on bradley to entertain grimsby borough when all it is used for is for is a bunch of "wasnt good enough at town" or half decent sunday league players to play for gy borough who are utter garbage.

I think that is unfair as regards the club . Both BC and JF have tried to instigate a move to a new ground . The biggest stumbling block has always seemed to be the council. If I remeber correctly the council were quite keen on the club having a new ground but never offered any practical or financial help. Then again if any financial help had been forth coming then a lot of NE Lincs ratepayers would have been up in arms about council cash been used to support the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
Maringer
April 24, 2012, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
The Western site would be ideal if we could improve the transport links enough. I propose that we widen the A1136 into a dual-carriageway for easier access to the ground direct from the A180.

I'm sure nobody will argue with this.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
marinerian
April 24, 2012, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Make a floating ground in the Humber!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
bradzmilne
April 24, 2012, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
I remember john saying that good news was coming up on the stadium at the fans fourm. I'm still waiting  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
lawsman
April 24, 2012, 7:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
We will never get a new ground until we can get a council who is prepared to back the club. It always never fails to annoy me when this council talks about providing facilities for leisure and sports activities, and then goes and shoot themselves in the foot by saying that it all depends on private investment.
Instead of hiding money away in Icelandic and other overseas banks, ( £7 million +) why not use our money to provide these facilities and rebuild out of date facilities for the future of our children and ultimately grand children, after all it is our money and why should councillors claim it all in expenses.
           This and subsequent councils should back GTFC both financially and services should be provided.

I am not saying spend £7 million on the club but at least look at ways it can help.

Someone mentioned Bradley, well it has less football played on there on a sunday than before it was developed. Incidentally next season I have heard that Cleethorpes Town will be sharing the ground with Grimsby Borough. On this team Gy Borough how many games do they have to lose before they sack the management, it just goes to show they are only pub team players, as the better players go out of town to play as they get paid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
FishOutOfWater
April 25, 2012, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from bradzmilne
I remember john saying that good news was coming up on the stadium at the fans fourm. I'm still waiting  

Which leads on to another old song

Some of the other lines ring true for us fans...

I'm just a fool
Don't you know I'm waiting
I'm just a fool to keep waiting

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 58
nelly_gtfc
April 26, 2012, 2:08am
Guest User
Well the council were looking to close schools down, to obviously save costs - imagine the outcry knowing a school would be closed to build a Town stadium.
Reply: 18 - 58
aaron rattray
April 26, 2012, 6:34am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
We shall still be playing at blundell park in 50 years, provided we are still a club then

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › One less place to build a new stadium, now where?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.