Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,080 views. Print
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
danny pacquiao
December 22, 2011, 10:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Just been reading their excuses on their message board, it's just laughable! Saying this isn't a big game for them, mansfield, boston and scunny being bigger games and we see this as our 'cup final', are therefore taking more. All wrong, they just have poor support.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc98
December 22, 2011, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Got to pity them really. They got a nose bleed when they reached the dizzy heights of the league 2 playoffs. Small club, excrement fans, going nowhere.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 120
voice of reason
December 22, 2011, 10:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from danny pacquiao
Just been reading their excuses on their message board, it's just laughable! Saying this isn't a big game for them, mansfield, boston and scunny being bigger games and we see this as our 'cup final', are therefore taking more. All wrong, they just have poor support.  

Really who gives a flying fook about their support...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 120
December 22, 2011, 10:51pm
Guest User
Bless them , ha ha ha , small club , no history , no future either , UTM !
Reply: 3 - 120
I believe in Cod
December 22, 2011, 10:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
one of my mates is a big lincoln fan, he still travels all over the country with them, and he's more excited about the next two games than me, he's what id class as a true lincoln fan, and hes never said anything about this not being a big game for them etc etc, apart from in a bit of banter here and there

Just poor excuses from the rest, rather similar to some of the poor excuses you hear from wollies around Grimsby about not coming to watch, like that bloke on look north "i refuse to come see Grimsby town until theyve got some young lads in the side" I dont even need to explain why this is a silly remark do i? But this just sums up the sort of wolly you get

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 22, 2011, 11:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1

That sounds familiar.

We're taking 8000 to Forest in the cup and there is the real possibility of us outnumbering the home support. Forest fans believe this is because we're tinpot, they don't care about us and all that jazz. They miss the point that taking 8000 is an impressive show and that their support is an embarrassment for a club that has such delusions of grandeur.

It's an insurance policy for if/when they lose the game and they can say 'we don't really care about you anyway, it's just another game.' Won't stop them masturbating themselves into a frenzy if they win though.

Christ I hate Forest, please don't tell me Lincoln are the same with you.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 120
marinerian
December 22, 2011, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
No our real rivals are Bull Shitty and the Scunts....lincoln is just a nice jolly for us

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 22, 2011, 11:32pm
Beer Drinker
You have hit the nail on the head there Bilo, it's a no lose situation for them, lose- they didn't care win-and they'll rub our noses in it. 8,000, I know it's only down the road from you, but that's still a good turnout, fair play to you. Why aren't Forest turning up? That would be big bragging rights if you outnumbered them!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 22, 2011, 11:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
You have hit the nail on the head there Bilo, it's a no lose situation for them, lose- they didn't care win-and they'll rub our noses in it. 8,000, I know it's only down the road from you, but that's still a good turnout, fair play to you. Why aren't Forest turning up? That would be big bragging rights if you outnumbered them!!

The reasons they're giving range from not caring about the game, a point they're always a little too keen to make, to them just being so awful their fans don't want to waste their money. Looking at the league, I lean towards the latter. They've complained about the pricing as well (£15 for ST holders and £20 for general sales) but it hasn't stopped us making our way so that seems a poor excuse. Fact is, their support in general has waned badly since last season with Davies leaving them as they become a mediocre Championship side making it a sight worse.

Back to the correct side of the East Midlands, the Cup does seem to generate a lot of imagination for us. We have a bit of cup tradition considering we've never won the fecking thing after all! We sold out in two or three days at home against Man City last season and took over 6000 to the replay on a Tuesday night.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 23, 2011, 12:01am
Beer Drinker
I would have liked to have seen how many we would have taken to sheff united, especially if we get good results in the next two matches, but let's not dwell on that.

I don't actually hate Lincoln that much, but it's got to be the best fixture for both clubs this season, especially as it's on boxing day and new years day and i think it's good to get a bit of a rivalry going, can create more interest. However, i feel they would rather belittle the game, as that is a safer option.

Whereas, i think there is more of a rivalry between leicester and forest, you would think forest fans would still turn up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 120
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.