This thread currently has 18,146 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
thebigeasy
November 8, 2011, 6:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
It has been bought to my attention that a recent thread on The Fishy attributed to myself, and the misguided frenzied debate that ensued, has caused deep distress and upset to Mr Fenty. Following his correspondence with The Fishy, I met with Mr Fenty who kindly took a great deal of time to detail the events and the facts that have been a part of his time at the club. In addition Mr Fenty kindly detailed the financial requirements for the rest of this season and the next. As such it is important that the record is put straight.

It is clear to me now that any suggestion that he may profit from the sale of Blundell Park, or indeed the club, are pure speculation and not based on fact, and as such any comments suggesting otherwise are not a fair and reasonable assumption.
On inspection of the latest accounts published by the club it is abundantly clear that the current valuation of the ground is well below the £2.3m suggested in the GET article, as it has been deprecisted to a cyurrent net book value of £1.375m. Furthermore, it has recently been valued at between £1.1m and £1.5m and as such it currently would not support the repayment of Mr Fentys loans.
In addition I have learned that there are safeguards in place, introduced during Mr Fentys chairmanship, to which all directors have agreed and sigend up to, that stipulate loans can only be repaid on the basis of affordability to the club.
Furthermore, the pension payments, which will total £650k, that have been made to Mr Fenty over the last 4 or 5 years, are in fact payments made in respect of a loan made available through Five Start Fish, made at the time of the ITV digital collapse. These repayments are being made in accordance with the agreement at the time to repay him through a pension distribution at the rate of £162,500 over the first 3 years, reducing to £50k for a further three payments with a final payment of £12,500. In no way do these payments represent any "additional" funds, or profit over and above the loans he has in the club.
In addition comments made about the new community stadium project were again based on conjecture. Within the clubs accounts (http://extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index2.htm) omn page 27, the statement clearly defines the projects and the safeguards that will be put in place to safeguard the future of the club. There is no doubt that serious investment will be required and this will not be found without a viable business case.
During my meeting with Mr Fenty it was very clear that the underlying distrust and abuse directed at him is causing him some very real distress and concern, particularly as it is now becoming extremely vitriolic and is now extending beyond the message boards to public abuse at matches. Quite clearly, no one deserves to be treated this way, especially someone who has supported the club with huge sums of his own money.
I would also remind people that I have always found Mr Fenty to be extremely approachable, and he will always happily take time to try and explain the situation at the club in greater detail, should anyone have any concerns.
For my part, whilst not accepting that any harm was ever intended, and expressing that all I have ever tried to do was to simulate a healthy debate on issues at the club, I wish to apologise for any hurt or distress caused by any clumsy attempt on my part and others, to debate my concerns on the ongoing problems at the club. During our conversation Mr Fenty asked me several times what I would do if I were in his situation – quite candidly, as things stand I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. A sentiment, I know, that is quite often expressed by others on here.
Finally, I would also encourage all others to publicly express their apologies on here and concentrate their efforts on providing a united front in order to get the club back to where it belongs in the Football League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
November 8, 2011, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Well said Bigeasy,

I have always tried to be supportive of John but after Braintree I let my frustration get the better of me,

SO

I too say, if I have caused any upset I apoligise as well,

You are in a no win situation Mr Fenty, you are called whatever you do,

BUT

I hope some sucess is coming soon and then most of the comments will be a lot more favourable.

Thank you for all your hard work and your money, please keep it up.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 83
GodHelpUs
November 8, 2011, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Well done...and well done to JF for taking the time to see you. How many chairmen of football clubs would do that do you think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 83
BIGChris
November 8, 2011, 6:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Well done bigeasy for having the balls to attend the meeting and to then post as you have.

May I ask if you are you more supportive of JF continuing to 'head' the club following your chat?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 83
80sglory
November 8, 2011, 6:30pm
Guest User
Well said bigeasy.

Not making excuses for those who should think before they type but speculation may be fuelled when the GET run a story with the headline "Sale of Blundell Park could raise £2.3m towards new stadium." ?
Reply: 4 - 83
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2011, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
So can I assume from this that we should excuse him for all the poor decisions & PR that have brought us to where we are now?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 83
TAGG
November 8, 2011, 6:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
All this bottom licking is making me sick.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 83
Informer the real one
November 8, 2011, 7:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So can I assume from this that we should excuse him for all the poor decisions & PR that have brought us to where we are now?

When you say PR. Is this the stuff you pick apart and twist inside out and look for what isn't said rather than what is said to then go on and ridicule???????

Oh and if things are going bad we then call for something to be said and when he does he is Dammed XXXX and Dammed if  XXX. Not to mention finding the odd spelling mistake which does make some superior doesn't it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 83
My cats dreams
November 8, 2011, 7:07pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
As a kitten i watched the likes of chelsea west ham man city leeds now as a older girl private i turn up for the likes of hayes and yeading disgracefull how weve fallen,money not the answer

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 83
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 7:11pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Here we go again, even the bloody cats are at it!

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 83
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Apology to JF

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.