Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 28,899 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 27, 2011, 5:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

You can't vote until you're a member ?

Of course you can't vote until you're a member! Jesus wept!!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 6:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Morning All:

I've edited the original list in the first post.

Firstly, for the avoidance of doubt I would prefer a f2f meeting as I personally believe that a lot can be achieved in an hour or two of sensible adult discussion, without hiding behind pseudonyms.  For various reasons, we can't all be on our PCs 24/7, meaning that points could potentially take days to be debated if we relied on an online forum.  Not that there isn't a role that technology can't play in the future - I just think that for now whilst we are all getting to know each other, doing that in a room would be more productive.  I will also add that all meetings will be fully minuted, and those minutes published via the GTST website (and anywhere else appropriate).

Secondly, it seems that there is a split between those wanting to meet on a Saturday and those preferring midweek.  I myself would prefer a Saturday as a) I don't live in the local area and also often work down South during the week and b) I know I am going to be in Gy for the match - however I am willing to make it over to a midweek meeting if my calendar permits.

Again, in the interests of moving forwards I would like to make a suggestion.  And that is 2 meetings initially:
Meeting 1 - this Saturday
Meeting 2 - some time next week (pref Mon / Tues)

Both meetings will have a clear agenda, to be agreed by the attendees in advance.  The minutes of meeting 1 will be distributed to those proposing to attend meeting 2 in advance, with full minutes being published after meeting 2.  

It's not ideal, but it's the best way I can think of accomodating everyones preferences at the moment.

Thoughts?

Emma

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 7:20am
Beer Drinker
P.S.  Almost forgot my manners, but just to add - to all of you who have put your hands up and offered to get involved - THANKYOU  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 179
Biccys
September 27, 2011, 9:10am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Wow. This thread is almost as good as the Kaz one......!

Interesting that you think a meeting can run WITHOUT a chairperson 80's, but then ask "Where's the leadership?"

IMHO, NO meeting will achieve anything without some kind of chairperson taking control, also controlling the personalities round the table is very important to stop people shouting others down and taking over the discussion.

Good luck with it Emma, you've got your work cut out....!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 179
forza ivano
September 27, 2011, 9:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
well done to 80s glory for hijacking a potentially positive/hoepful thread and turning it into about of pathetic name calling .
as mr scott said 'if you don't feckin like it don't come'
you're not going to turn up at the meeting, so unless you've got something positive to say, then don't say owt -PLEASE!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 179
jonnyboy82
September 27, 2011, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
no offence to anyone but reading this whole mammary for tat thread has put me straight off.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 9:38am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
Wow. This thread is almost as good as the Kaz one......!

Interesting that you think a meeting can run WITHOUT a chairperson 80's, but then ask "Where's the leadership?"

IMHO, NO meeting will achieve anything without some kind of chairperson taking control, also controlling the personalities round the table is very important to stop people shouting others down and taking over the discussion.

Good luck with it Emma, you've got your work cut out....!

Thanks Biccys - however, I would prefer to use the word 'facilitate' rather than 'control'.  Whilst I am happy to do that initially (bit of a busmans holiday for me), I am more than happy to hand the reins over to any other willing party.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 179
barralad
September 27, 2011, 9:43am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grim_Exile
Morning All:

I've edited the original list in the first post.

Firstly, for the avoidance of doubt I would prefer a f2f meeting as I personally believe that a lot can be achieved in an hour or two of sensible adult discussion, without hiding behind pseudonyms.  For various reasons, we can't all be on our PCs 24/7, meaning that points could potentially take days to be debated if we relied on an online forum.  Not that there isn't a role that technology can't play in the future - I just think that for now whilst we are all getting to know each other, doing that in a room would be more productive.  I will also add that all meetings will be fully minuted, and those minutes published via the GTST website (and anywhere else appropriate).

Secondly, it seems that there is a split between those wanting to meet on a Saturday and those preferring midweek.  I myself would prefer a Saturday as a) I don't live in the local area and also often work down South during the week and b) I know I am going to be in Gy for the match - however I am willing to make it over to a midweek meeting if my calendar permits.

Again, in the interests of moving forwards I would like to make a suggestion.  And that is 2 meetings initially:
Meeting 1 - this Saturday
Meeting 2 - some time next week (pref Mon / Tues)

Both meetings will have a clear agenda, to be agreed by the attendees in advance.  The minutes of meeting 1 will be distributed to those proposing to attend meeting 2 in advance, with full minutes being published after meeting 2.  

It's not ideal, but it's the best way I can think of accomodating everyones preferences at the moment.

Thoughts?

Emma

I think that may help although I do wonder how many people understand how much of a gesture you are making by agreeing to travel for a second meeting. It might be a good idea to gauge the intentions of those who are already in the frame (and any more who might wish to join in) as to whether a meeting prior to the game on Saturday would meet the needs of the majority. The last thing I'd like to see is you travel over here having booked a meeting room etc. for you to be stood on your own.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 179
Grim_Exile
September 27, 2011, 9:47am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I think that may help although I do wonder how many people understand how much of a gesture you are making by agreeing to travel for a second meeting. It might be a good idea to gauge the intentions of those who are already in the frame (and any more who might wish to join in) as to whether a meeting prior to the game on Saturday would meet the needs of the majority. The last thing I'd like to see is you travel over here having booked a meeting room etc. for you to be stood on your own.

Thanks - it was just a suggestion to get the ball rolling.  Happy to go with what works for the majority.  Indications of availability this coming Saturday would be a useful start, as you say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 179
Chris
September 27, 2011, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Saturday DEFINITELY best for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 179
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.