Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 28,901 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600
I know, so why won't they talk about it on here ?

Because it'll most likely be the same set of assumed objectives and then away we all go following their lead.

GTST isn't "the supporters" anyway, it's a private paying members club with links to the club.
And unless you pay for the privilege, then you won't get any say.

Not at all, in regards to membership the money you pay goes into an account that helps the club out with things.

The whole point of a meeting, in person is to discuss new objectives. how can people be in an organisation like this from behind a computer screen? it makes it more difficult to get order to proceedings.

I'm not going to write you an essay because I really couldn't care less if you can no longer be arsed. Its just one less cynical illegitimate to deal with
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 30 - 179
Chris
September 26, 2011, 11:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
I'm thoroughly sick to my back teeth at 80's Glory hijacking this pissing thread. Glory, either commit to the meeting of do one. I usually value your opinion but there can no doubt that your behaviour on this topic has been pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Not at all, in regards to membership the money you pay goes into an account that helps the club out with things.

I know but what I'm saying is, it's possible we can set up our own supporters club on here.
The only difference is, they've got a legal framework(tbh not exactly sure what that means) and they've got links to the club, but there's no reason why everyone on the fishy couldn't set up their own democratic supporters movement for free on here.
It's got the potential to be a LOT bigger than a few people who can afford the fee and can "make it".

The whole point of a meeting, in person is to discuss new objectives.

Yeah but I'm talking about the GTST objectives Emma provided.
I presume any new objectives will be based on those primary objectives she listed in the other thread.
Are GTST willing to e.g. put all their primary objectives up for review or to a vote ?
Only they can answer or comment on that becuase I don't know what their procedure is and besides which, I'm not currently a member to vote on it anyway.

how can people be in an organisation like this from behind a computer screen?

Who's needs to be part of an organisation ?
I thought we were meant to be discussing issues ?

it makes it more difficult to get order to proceedings.

See what you're saying but I just don't buy it - it's a cop out.
Open your eyes, they're not willing to discuss a single thing on here out in the open.

I'm not going to write you an essay because I really couldn't care less if you can no longer be arsed. Its just one less cynical illegitimate to deal with

Sorry you feel like that.
But if I'm cynical then so are you and them because you're the ones who say "it can't be done" so every supporter can be given a voice on here.
Anyway good luck and I just hope you do something good for the supporters - remember it's ultimately OUR club that's in the sh1t !  
Reply: 32 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
I'm thoroughly sick to my back teeth at 80's Glory hijacking this pissing thread. Glory, either commit to the meeting of do one. I usually value your opinion but there can no doubt that your behaviour on this topic has been pathetic.

So it's "hijacking" now is it ? So much for free speech eh ?
I've already made my position clear - unless they're prepared to talk about it openly then I won't be attending behind closed doors.
So why don't you "do one" instead and just lick Fenty's rear end like you normally do ?
You lot are a complete sell out - I doubt you give a sh1t about the supporters at all.
Fenty out !
Reply: 33 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 11:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

I know but what I'm saying is, it's possible we can set up our own supporters club on here.
The only difference is, they've got a legal framework(tbh not exactly sure what that means) and they've got links to the club, but there's no reason why everyone on the fishy couldn't set up their own democratic supporters movement for free on here.
It's got the potential to be a LOT bigger than a few people who can afford the fee and can "make it".

Yeah but I'm talking about the GTST objectives Emma provided.
I presume any new objectives will be based on those primary objectives she listed in the other thread.
Are GTST willing to e.g. put all their primary objectives up for review or to a vote ?
Only they can answer or comment on that becuase I don't know what their procedure is and besides which, I'm not currently a member to vote on it anyway.

Who's needs to be part of an organisation ?
I thought we were meant to be discussing issues ?

See what you're saying but I just don't buy it - it's a cop out.
Open your eyes, they're not willing to discuss a single thing on here out in the open.

Sorry you feel like that.
But if I'm cynical then so are you and them because you're the ones who say "it can't be done" so every supporter can be given a voice on here.
Anyway good luck and I just hope you do something good for the supporters - remember it's ultimately OUR club that's in the sh1t !  

The objectives Emma mentioned were from when it originally started and therefore mostly out dated, which is the point of a meeting, to discuss new ways forward.

And for your information Im not an 'it can't be done type of person'. Ive achieved far more than expected of me and to be honest im buzzing about it, and need to channel my enthusiasm into a worthwhile cause and I strongly feel I can make a difference here
Logged Offline
Reply: 34 - 179
Chris
September 26, 2011, 11:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

So it's "hijacking" now is it ? So much for free speech eh ?
I've already made my position clear - unless they're prepared to talk about it openly then I won't be attending behind closed doors.
So why don't you "do one" instead and just lick Fenty's rear end like you normally do ?
You lot are a complete sell out - I doubt you give a sh1t about the supporters at all.
Fenty out !

Don't go then. This thread has exposed you IMO, as someone with a highly inflated opinion of himself. I'm not quite sure who you think you are but I think you've done well at alienating a fair few people (myself included) for no apparent reason. We're not all sat here wishing you to come and rescue the club with ideas only you are capable of having.

I wont engage further because Ive got better ways of wasting my time, like cleaning out my rabbits run, or bleaching the toilets and so on......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 11:56pm
Guest User
The objectives Emma mentioned were from when it originally started and therefore mostly out dated, which is the point of a meeting, to discuss new ways forward.

Well I hope they get reviewed.

And for your information Im not an 'it can't be done type of person'. Ive achieved far more than expected of me and to be honest im buzzing about it, and need to channel my enthusiasm into a worthwhile cause and I strongly feel I can make a difference here

I didn't think you were.
Just saying I'm not the only one raising doubts about what can be achieved.
Anyway good luck.
Reply: 36 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 27, 2011, 12:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Well I hope they get reviewed.

I didn't think you were.
Just saying I'm not the only one raising doubts about what can be achieved.
Anyway good luck.

Yes the point of a meet up IS reviewing them. . . well done its taken you how many posts has it taken you to get to this?

and keep your pessimistic thoughts in your own head instead of repeating yourself
Logged Offline
Reply: 37 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 12:25am
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
Don't go then.

You sound like a kid who's just banned me from his birthday party.
Quoted from Chris
I think you've done well at alienating a fair few people

So they've got what they wanted and everyones happy.  

How many other people are they alienating is the bigger question.
Quoted from Chris
We're not all sat here wishing you to come and rescue the club with ideas only you are capable of having.

What ARE you sat thinking about then cos I've seen jack squat in terms of contribution to any discussion.
Ooops, can't discuss any of it on here unless you go to the meeting !

As I said right at the very start, where the leadership ?
The supporters haven't seen any of it and my guess is, they most likely never will.
All they've heard is "It's down to the supporters" and then when you criticize or object because it's not all on their terms, they get overly-defensive and say "Don't bother !"

I just hope there are a few who can see GTST have exposed themselves as unambitious by not engaing more on this one.

Hope I'm ultimately proved wrong...
Reply: 38 - 179
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 12:50am
Guest User
Yes the point of a meet up IS reviewing them. . . well done its taken you how many posts has it taken you to get to this?

Emma said:

"These objectives were, I feel, right for 2002, but may not be so right for 2011.  There is room in the constitution to make amend to these, however as with all democratic organisations changes have to be proposed, voted upon and agreed."

You can't vote until you're a member ?

As I said to Emma before, I can't have any real say on it's objectives(which I don't know what they will be) until I pay £15.
So GTST are asking me to pay £15 up front in the hope that I'll be agreeable later ?!

Pardon me for being "negative" by thinking there's got to be a better way forward.

Until I see GTST provide a proposal that persuades me to join then sorry mate, I'm not wasting my time watching a private members club at work, I'm saving my money for the club.
Reply: 39 - 179
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTST - The Next Chapter

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.