Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

GTST - The Next Chapter

This thread currently has 28,747 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris Mustampa
September 26, 2011, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from 1600

Gladly in principle but have a meeting and I'll let you know when you've come up with a some kind of direction I can relate to.

I'm not sure I would want to do that.
Saturdays are sacrosanct and with all due respect the fact you've said you're interested and might be in attendance has put me right off.

Surely the point of the meeting is for those who are interested in the future of GTFC to decide upon the 'direction'?
By saying come up with a 'direction' and i will see if i can relate to it is a bit of a cop out. If you were serious I'd suggest you attend and help shape the direction?

Sorry Mr Glory but you say Saturdays are sacrosant and i recall you cannot usually attend mid week games it smacks of excuses.

You dont have to get involved of course, that is individual choice, but your post comes over as someone who will wait until things are formalised and will then be ultra critical. I hope i have you all wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:19pm
Guest User
Wrawbs I see what you're saying but I've already shown enough strength and character to outweight everyone else several times.
So let see others "step up to the plate" and think of at least ONE idea for a change !

Sorry but I've given LOADS of suggestions already (who else has ?) and very few(if any) have been discussed or commented upon on here (like e.g. using on-line media as a discussion platform?) so sorry, but I'm not gonna start feeling guilty about "not showing willing" by not sharing my table with members of Fenty's foot-army on a Saturday of all days !

Quoted from barralad
Earlier you said that Saturday was an option but now suddenly Saturday's are sacrosanct (amazing pomposity).

No I didn't.
I said Saturdays were an option BUT Town were playing. i.e. No.
I didn't leave the door completely closed but it's exactly that kind of twisting and usual BS that puts any meeting with YOU out of the question.
Quoted from barralad
Me and I suspect a lot of other people might deduce from your continued reticence to actually get involved in anything concrete apart from continually sniping from behind your keyboard, that you are what is commonly known as a "gob-sh*te" .

Suspect what you want, who else has got off their @rse and come up with any ideas on here ?
Oh but, that's "for the meeting" isn't it ?
Bottom line NO-ONE has given any reason why we can't discuss it all on here.
What's wrong, might that actually engage more supporters than it desirable to make it a success ?  

Much better to put people out and make it completely inconvenient, or is that the whole idea ?  
Most likely same as before, no answers will be forthcoming...

Anyway, let's see what revoultionary ideas you come up with - my guess barralad is you'll probably whitewash the greater wishes of the supporters and make sure JF get's his agenda through.  

Reply: 21 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Kris Mustampa
Surely the point of the meeting is for those who are interested in the future of GTFC to decide upon the 'direction'?

You mean it's up to the people "in charge of the meeting" to decide the direction...

That's my guess why no-one wants to discuss any of it on here - they fear they can't be "in control".

Quoted from Kris Mustampa
Sorry Mr Glory but you say Saturdays are sacrosant and i recall you cannot usually attend mid week games it smacks of excuses.

Think what you like, I don't give a sh1t.
I could have very easily said nothing at all if I "wasn't willing".
At least I provide some answers which is more than can be said for the moral-majority who seemingly disappear and say nothing when you put a half decent question to them.
Reply: 22 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 9:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Regardless of who is there that you don't like we are all there for the same thing

Wrawbs quick question - what is this "same thing" because I'm honestly buggered if I know !

To help GTFC ? To help the supporters ? To "show willing" ? To form a social club ?

How difficult is it for people to put their thinking caps on and to propose some kind of pre-meeting agenda ?
Everyone else does it !

Yet another reason I feel less inclined to show willing.
My guess is it'll be a case of he who shouts loudest or sits in the biggest chair will win the day behind closed doors.

Reply: 23 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 9:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,196
Gold Stars: 121
I have no real intention of getting involved in a slanging match with the likes of you.

You know nothing about me. I haven't up to now put the case for a meeting. I merely commented, in answer to another poster, that if a meeting was wanted then Saturday would be a good day to have it.....I suggest you keep your conspiracy theories for the non-football part of this messageboard.

Perhaps you would like to share with us your real reasons for not attending a meeting? My guess is that it has got everything to do with you not having a measure of control in a face to face meeting where lots of people might have differing views. Posting on a message board allows you to deal (copiously) with people on an individual basis.

I don't really need to explain myself but I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name. One of the most successful ventures on this board was the "Bike to the Bank" ride which achieved clear leadership and understanding of the necessary roles through a series of meetings.
Anyway, it's of no real consequence. If enough people attend a meeting then things may quickly start to happen and a direction for GTST to follow can be agreed. If it is decided not to have a meeting then so be it....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 179
barralad
September 26, 2011, 9:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,196
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1600

Wrawbs quick question - what is this "same thing" because I'm honestly buggered if I know !

To help GTFC ? To help the supporters ? To "show willing" ? To form a social club ?

How difficult is it for people to put their thinking caps on and to propose some kind of pre-meeting agenda ?
Everyone else does it !

My guess is it'll be a case of he who shouts loudest or sits in the biggest chair will win the day behind closed doors.

Where has anybody said that any meeting wouldn't be accompanied by an agenda?

Your last sentence confirms my view of you as expressed in my previous post. At a meeting it wouldn't necessarily be you that shouted the loudest-and that would NEVER do would it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1600

Everyone else does it !

Simple, How easier would it be to speak to someone in person than on the internet. How could a chair person preside of thing on a forum? I have a wide range of ideas on how a supporters trust can benefit fans and the community but will all be revealed at such meeting.

And the point of The Supporters Trust is like every other supporters trust but with one difference . .its ours.  Helping the club is our primary objective and if you want to go all Dragon's Den and say "I'm Out" every time someone makes a point then your being a sad fornicator IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 26 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 10:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
I have no real intention of getting involved in a slanging match with the likes of you.
You know nothing about me. I haven't up to now put the case for a meeting. I merely commented, in answer to another poster, that if a meeting was wanted then Saturday would be a good day to have it.....I suggest you keep your conspiracy theories for the non-football part of this messageboard.

I know you are monkfishtails off the OS(yes I'm not completely thick) and pardon me but it was YOU who suggested I meet you before !
The sheer co-incidence you've latched onto my comment and suggested another meeting on the same day, makes me further reluctant to meet up with someone in the potential weirdo/stalker category.
So pardon me for swerving this one. (not that I wanted to meet up with a complete stranger before either !)

Quoted from barralad
My guess is that it has got everything to do with you not having a measure of control in a face to face meeting where lots of people might have differing views. Posting on a message board allows you to deal (copiously) with people on an individual basis.

What's wrong with EVERYONE having a degree of equal control under an agreed democratic process ?
Or are we meant just to follow you and GTST in everything they decide ?
The fact you've completely ignored the issue I raised about discussing it online speaks volumes.

Quoted from barralad
I don't really need to explain myself but I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name. One of the most successful ventures on this board was the "Bike to the Bank" ride which achieved clear leadership and understanding of the necessary roles through a series of meetings.

What a revealing comment - i.e. it's up to YOU to be in charge and get OTHERS to commit to what YOU want.
As I suspected, you see yourself as the one doing all the bossing around.
"Achieved clear leadership" - I bet it did !

Quoted from barralad
If enough people attend a meeting

Oh you just love phrases like that don't you ?
It's right up there with tarka's repeated claims of "It's all up to the supporters now"
So it's, well we're willing (but not on the messageboards) but if it doesn't take off it'll be the supporters fault.

By the way, what happens if I disagree with your opinion:
"I'll say that I like meetings because it is a lot easier to get people to commit to action face to face than it is on a messageboard where we don't even all know each other by name."

Are you saying because it's you doing the speaking then that's the final say on the matter and it's decided ?
If so, how very dictatorial of you !  
I can see my suspicions weren't without some substance...

How easier would it be to speak to someone in person than on the internet.

Just as easy ?
I would have thought doing it on-line would have made it more accountable and transparent.
How could a chair person preside of thing on a forum?

There are ways and means but why do we even need a chairperson if it's truly democratic ?
As I said, the power brokers will most likely be pre-ordained.

And the point of The Supporters Trust is like every other supporters trust but with one difference . .its ours.

Is it ?
Have you actually read the GTST objectives Emma listed in the other thread ?

Doesn't sound much like supporters interests are being represented at all - they've done nothing about supporter representation on the board and when they do pay lip service to it, they seemingly have done nothing about it.
It reads more like a JF & govt agenda not a supporters one.

Helping the club is our primary objective and if you want to go all Dragon's Den and say "I'm Out" every time someone makes a point then your being a sad fornicator IMO

So it's to "help the club" and not to represent the supporters is it ?
Thanks for putting that one to bed.
Why do I need to attend a meeting to help the club when I can spend all my money to help it in the club shop ?

This is what I'm talking about Wrawbs - I don't mean to be a stick in the mud and I know you're a good lad, but from my view there's no point in wasting time re-inventing the wheel to "show willing" for the sake of it.
That's why I said I'd wait to see what GTST came up first.
Bottom line is if they can be bothered to discuss all the issues openly on here then I don't see why I should have to behind closed doors.
Reply: 27 - 179
Wrawby_Mariner
September 26, 2011, 10:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Representing the supporters is helping the club Mr 80's Glory
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 28 - 179
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 10:51pm
Guest User
I know, so why won't they talk about it on here ?

Because it'll most likely be the same set of assumed objectives and then away we all go following their lead.

GTST isn't "the supporters" anyway, it's a private paying members club with links to the club.
And unless you pay for the privilege, then you won't get any say.
Reply: 29 - 179
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.