Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Ex-GTFC players thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Ex-GTFC players thread

This thread currently has 885,496 views. Print
431 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
June 27, 2012, 12:24pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from forza ivano
apparently calvin andrew (released by palace) is joining russell slade at orient. o's fans are not impressed! and tom corner may be joining harrogate

That could be a decent signing for leyton orient, but i still don't think tom cornor has found his level yet

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 4303
cod.gtfc
June 27, 2012, 12:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from aaron rattray

That could be a decent signing for leyton orient, but i still don't think tom cornor has found his level yet

Grimsby Borough or Cleethorpes more his level?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 4303
chiumento
June 27, 2012, 12:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Alan Connell placed on transfer list by Swindon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 4303
aaron rattray
June 27, 2012, 1:13pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Grimsby Borough or Cleethorpes more his level?

i think grimsby borough, if josh fuller and andy taylor just good enough for grimsby borough then that is tom's level im afraid

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 4303
Trawler
June 27, 2012, 1:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray

i think grimsby borough, if josh fuller and andy taylor just good enough for grimsby borough then that is tom's level im afraid

I really thought Josh Fuller showed promise - he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile in our Youth Cup win at QPR.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 4303
psgmariner
June 27, 2012, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Simon Ramsden off to Motherwell (following Stuart McCall).

Private Message
Reply: 295 - 4303
forza ivano
June 27, 2012, 1:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from psgmariner
Simon Ramsden off to Motherwell (following Stuart McCall).

good move for him - from the depths of league 2 and yorkshite to top scottish prem team and european footie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 4303
gtfc98
June 27, 2012, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from forza ivano

good move for him - from the depths of league 2 and yorkshite to top scottish prem team and european footie

You make it sound like a step up!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 4303
forza ivano
June 27, 2012, 4:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from gtfc98

You make it sound like a step up!

i know which level i'd prefer to be playing celtic, aberdeen and europe compared to barnet, fleetwood and the yorkshite senior cup? no contest!

ps ronald busscher our ex dutch reserve keeper retired from his dutch divison 4 club and is now a coach , doing his UEFA C license

. How exactly are you at Grimsby Town ended and what has moved you to make that step?
"As a player of A-Feyenoord youth I was very late to hear that I have no contract was offered. late Ton van Dalen , my then agent, arranged for me a week's internship was at Liverpool. A week with the first team training, an unforgettable week. After that week I went a few days later on internship at Borussia Dortmund. This was a fantastic experience. Unfortunately yielded two internships for various reasons no contract. Grimsby Town was one of the clubs who had got wind of and offered me an internship. After that placement of two weeks I received a one-year contract offered. At that time I could choose between a contract with FC Dordrecht signs or Grimsby Town. I have chosen for the adventure. "

2. What is the biggest difference between the Dutch and the English League 1 and League 2?
"Grimsby Town FC played in the First Division when I was there. That was a good level. We played against clubs like Manchester City, Coventry City, Portsmouth and West Bromwich Albion. All clubs not much later in the Premier League came to play. The biggest difference is I think especially in the speed and hardness of the game. "

3. Was the difficult adjustment to the foreign clubs?
"Not really, perhaps most strange. I was just 19 years, still lived at home and a week before my departure I got my license. So directly in another country, to myself and also again on the other side of the road. I have it all but just come to me. Fortunately Menno Willems also played at Grimsby Town. That he has caught me good on me, I also done well. "

4. What are the best memories during your foreign adventures?
"It's actually quite a nice reminder that period. But if I should call it what it is the League Cup. I sat on the bench as a 19-year old when we in the 3rd round Liverpool played out. At Anfield, I met a number of acquaintances of the training period of several months earlier. We won that game even at 1-2 in extra time. This is still at Grimsby Town as the biggest victory in club history seen. And if it was not enough we then cast lots from Arsenal at Highbury .. Unfortunately we lost that game of ao. Bergkamp and Van Bronckhorst 2-0. "

5. If you follow the Dutch in the English league yet?
"Neither more nor less than the Dutch in other foreign leagues."

6. Advise your young players already at early abroad to relocate?
"I think that's a tough one. I have the steps put and although in retrospect perhaps not entirely gone is as I had hoped, I have no regrets. Each player must determine for themselves what is best. Let's face it, I had no talent as Drenthe or Bruma. I was a nice keeper for my age, who could choose between Dordrecht and Grimsby. If I had to choose between a good Premier League club Grimsby was or maybe I went for my opportunities in the Netherlands. But that has not been addressed. "

7. Are you in daily life is still active in football?
"Yes, last year I got my playing career ended in ASWH (Saturday league). Now I'm assistant coach Alphense Boys (Sunday league) and I follow the UEFA C course at the KNVB. Last month my contract with Alphense Boys extended by one year. "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 4303
POOLSMARINER
June 27, 2012, 4:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from mariner91
I like this idea.

connel tnsfer listed by swindon!!would we have him back  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 4303
431 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Ex-GTFC players thread

Thread Rating

There have been 4 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.