Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › worst defender in the past 10 years and why
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

worst defender in the past 10 years and why

This thread currently has 15,825 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
pseudonym
July 19, 2011, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from aldi_01
Matt heywood. That game at port vale sticks in my mind. Was so incensed at half time it's the closest I've come to wanting to punch a player or even leave at half time purely because of that players performance. What a girl private.

As for Wrexham, that infamous Downey goal was scores inthe last minute with us a man down I believe and was certainly new years eve, not new years day.
New Years Eve 2005

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
goolemariner
July 20, 2011, 9:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +1
Quoted from aldi_01
Matt heywood. That game at port vale sticks in my mind. Was so incensed at half time it's the closest I've come to wanting to punch a player or even leave at half time purely because of that players performance. What a girl private.

As for Wrexham, that infamous Downey goal was scores inthe last minute with us a man down I believe and was certainly new years eve, not new years day.

Certainly remember the Wrexham game. Me and thornemariner stopped for fuel just after leaving the game, got out punching the air shouting 'Mariners' and another Town fan behind us joined in. A real smash-and-grab.

My vote though is Newey. I remember Bradford away, think we lost 2 or 3-0 and Newey was responsible for all their goals. I had a right go at him from the stands (we were behind the goal) and I think Newey's mum walked off in disgust.

Those were the days, my friend,
We took the Stretford End,
We took the Kop, the Kippax and the Shed,
We lived the life we choose,
We'd fight, we'd never lose,
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days,
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
The Fishman
July 20, 2011, 1:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
tom newey what a f*****g male private
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
FishOutOfWater
July 20, 2011, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from goolemariner

Certainly remember the Wrexham game. Me and thornemariner stopped for fuel just after leaving the game, got out punching the air shouting 'Mariners' and another Town fan behind us joined in. A real smash-and-grab.

My vote though is Newey. I remember Bradford away, think we lost 2 or 3-0 and Newey was responsible for all their goals. I had a right go at him from the stands (we were behind the goal) and I think Newey's mum walked off in disgust.

Seeing Newey at Bradford in 2008 made my blood boil....we were 1-0 up after 10 mins or so and could have been 2-0 up and cruising it except for an offside decision where the ball was touched in when already going over the line

Then from a comfortable position Newey decided to pass back from the touch line to the centre of our goal teeing up Bradford to get back in to the game and to win it.

Bad as he was that day and at many other times, my choice for being a sheer let down after us being led to believe we had a great new rock at the heart of our defence goes to Heywood
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 66
FishOutOfWater
July 20, 2011, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from barralass
I'm with all the NEWEY haters on this one.
I can't think of how many times he got caught out by a fast right winger and got skinned for a cross leading to a goal.
Really gets my goat that he went on to Bury & now Rotherham in the League whilst we were slipping out of it.
Sadly shows how far we've fallen when the now shaven headed pratt looked competant against us on Saturday.
(Yes, for those at the match, it was Newey no.3 playing against us, moved from left back to centre back in 2nd half )

Newey N° 3. Good job you explained that otherwise we could have been confused!  

Actually when I saw his hair so short, it crossed my mind it might have just been Nick Fenton who'd hijacked the shirt and was refusing to move on from t'Millers

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 66
aaron rattray
July 20, 2011, 4:16pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
newey

still excrement

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 20, 2011, 11:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Matthew Heywood
Alan Neilson
Jamie Clarke

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › worst defender in the past 10 years and why

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.