Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Best player you've seen to grace the park?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Best player you've seen to grace the park?

This thread currently has 16,839 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Daveeee
July 13, 2011, 9:02pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Peter Bore?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 14, 2011, 1:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
SUPER CLIVE.............exemplory

futch ....... and so pleased i saw hiom score for town (ok i know it was only the lincs cup!)

i also remember town playing liverpool reserves and us getting anhiallated 6-0 at bp!!!! would love to know who was playing for them.

when we had the halcyon day in what is now the championship, there were quality players week in week out.

the bolton 3-3 game was a classic.
david james playing for watford had a stormer (but so did beasant in his loan spell)

and didnt a young john barnes play in the fa cup match in 1985???

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
TownLad87
November 14, 2011, 1:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
Gary Jones for us.

Shay Given for an away team

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
oldludensian
November 14, 2011, 4:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Quoted from pseudonym
And John Jensen

I went to that game and got a program which basically details the Denmark European Champs winners of 1991 playing for Brondy at that time. Wonder if it's worth ought?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
oldludensian
November 14, 2011, 4:12pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from grimps

Drubbing ???
They only had 4 shots ,3 went in and one hit the post.town were all over them that night but just couldnt get a goal.I thought Dury got 2 and Linika got the other ?
my top three players based on their full career would be ...
GAZZA
KEEGAN
GULLET

fairly sure Howells got one after cutting in from left (Futch pulled up with a hammy) and curled it in with his right. That night I learnt how quick Linekar was too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
oldludensian
November 14, 2011, 4:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

i also remember town playing liverpool reserves and us getting anhiallated 6-0 at bp!!!! would love to know who was playing for them.

I remember that one too. we had a poo team though as we were falling through old Div 3 (87-8. At the time I didn't think it could get worse (i was a kid). How wrong can you be? I'd probably give my left back wheel to be back in old div 3 now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
PRESTON CODHEAD
November 20, 2011, 9:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Jesper olsen playing for charlton he had just been european footballet of the year town fans applauded him off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
PRESTON CODHEAD
November 20, 2011, 9:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
best town player matt tees
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
pseudonym
December 2, 2011, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

futch ....... and so pleased i saw hiom score for town (ok i know it was only the lincs cup!)

when we had the halcyon day in what is now the championship, there were quality players week in week out.

the bolton 3-3 game was a classic.
david james playing for watford had a stormer (but so did beasant in his loan spell)

and didnt a young john barnes play in the fa cup match in 1985???
Was at that 6-0 reserve game against Liverpool. I remember Kevin McDonald, Mike Hooper, John Wark, Paul Walsh. Not sure if Jim Beglin played also

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
nightrider
January 12, 2012, 12:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Gary Lineker for me.
Another is Georgi Kinkladze who nobody has mentioned. I remember him giving Jobling the run around all game as he was man marking him, 96-97??. Jobling did a great job as I dont think he scored any more than one? 1.05 & 1.56 is him playing/scoring against town I think.  

Nice goal against united on 0.50 too  

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Best player you've seen to grace the park?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.