15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 15, 2010, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Well having read the summary on the posted link it would appear on the surface that they have been harshly dealt with if you take the current trends of the judicial system into account.
Do we have lenient judges on our local court circuit ? Because when you read some of the regular offenders in the region who are up yet again for domestic violence, assault, resisting arrest etc and they are fined,community service, suspended sentence etc then it just doesnt make sense does it?  
Ripe for an appeal i would think if there are no underlying previous misdemeanours.

However, as the old saying goes...if you cant do the time then dont do the crime.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 144
dapperz fun pub
December 15, 2010, 7:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from moosey_club
Well having read the summary on the posted link it would appear on the surface that they have been harshly dealt with if you take the current trends of the judicial system into account.
Do we have lenient judges on our local court circuit ? Because when you read some of the regular offenders in the region who are up yet again for domestic violence, assault, resisting arrest etc and they are fined,community service, suspended sentence etc then it just doesnt make sense does it?  
Ripe for an appeal i would think if there are no underlying previous misdemeanours.

However, as the old saying goes...if you cant do the time then dont do the crime.

totally agree with the last line.......but druggy street robbers throughout the land are getting fuk all,its politically correct to bang away football hoolies but not smackeds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 144
meggietown
December 15, 2010, 7:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

totally agree with that the one i know as had some personal problems recently and did behave badly at burton but putting him jail wont do him or the state any good,he was more than capable of paying a big fine

too right,anyway spoke to his missus tonite and he is celled up with danny in brum nick waiting to hear when they are moving closer home to cat c or d nick hopefully one in donny,possibly 3 month they might all be out on tag
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 144
STB
December 15, 2010, 11:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Maybe there is a political agenda here.
I suspect that many people think the recent violence between Brum + Villa scuppered our chances of hosting the world cup.
Thus, the judges have been directed to clamp down on football related cases.
IMHO, the only person that did deserve more than a slap on the wrist was the town fan who jumped on the pitch and shoved Colgan but he didn't get locked up.
15 months is a very long sentence for this kind of incident and although the four in this case have done wrong, a fine, a ban and a community service order would have been much more appropriate.
In contrast, the York fans at BP this season were going around smashing up any town fans they could see - actual assaults on random fans and not one of them has appeared in court.
Anyway, I'm off now, Danny Dyer's cockney d1ckheads is on.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 144
marinerian
December 15, 2010, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from STB
I suspect that many people think the recent violence between Brum + Villa scuppered our chances of hosting the world cup.
IMHO, the only person that did deserve more than a slap on the wrist was the town fan who jumped on the pitch and shoved Colgan but he didn't get locked up.
15 months is a very long sentence for this kind of incident and although the four in this case have done wrong, a fine, a ban and a community service order would have been much more appropriate.
In contrast, the York fans at BP this season were going around smashing up any town fans they could see - actual assaults on random fans and not one of them has appeared in court.

They deserved stiff punishment and I am sure most of them would agree, the 15 months sentence is a disgrace, especially as peados etc receive only that for sexual assault......so wrong and Doddsy will have a smug grins whilst he visits certain place of interest in the area each night time!

Shall we have a protest outside Grimsby Police station? Or would he try to ban us from amesif we did?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 144
Chrisblor
December 15, 2010, 11:42pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
You wouldn't be banned from protesting outside the police station, you might end up being surrounded by several police officers and not allowed out for several hours though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 144
marinerian
December 16, 2010, 12:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
You wouldn't be banned from protesting outside the police station, you might end up being surrounded by several police officers and not allowed out for several hours though.

Not if it was a peaceful protest....surely?

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 144
theicenian
December 16, 2010, 12:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from marinerian

Not if it was a peaceful protest....surely?

Nah,one look at you and they'd have you down for every unsolved crime in N.E.Lincs. Locked up for years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 144
FishOutOfWater
December 16, 2010, 12:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from STB
IMHO, the only person that did deserve more than a slap on the wrist was the town fan who jumped on the pitch and shoved Colgan but he didn't get locked up.15 months is a very long sentence for this kind of incident and although the four in this case have done wrong, a fine, a ban and a community service order would have been much more appropriate.

Read this article where it states... He also pushed Burton’s goalkeeper, Kevin Poole.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Dad-of-three-is-among-latest-set-of-football-yobs.htm

He was stood not far from me before he decided to go on the pitch and have a go at Colgan and from what I saw he then got taken down by stewards near the corner flag....so when exactly did he set on their keeper?

It smacks to me of bad journalism - surely reports from the court which end up in the public domain ought to have the correct facts?

I'm not condoning what went on there, but if the guy is having his offence reported in public, they should get the facts right...but then again when did the facts ever matter to the press!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 144
marinerian
December 16, 2010, 12:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

Nah,one look at you and they'd have you down for every unsolved crime in N.E.Lincs. Locked up for years.

Is it coz i'Z black? Uz iz a racist Mr Icie   as you can tell I watched some Ali G today  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › burton just wont go away

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.