Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WHO REALLY IS THE BEST GRIMSBY TOWN MANAGER EVER
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 36 Guests

WHO REALLY IS THE BEST GRIMSBY TOWN MANAGER EVER

This thread currently has 9,552 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
December 7, 2010, 2:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from GrimRob
ABv1 and ABv2

Thought you'd be voting for Woods Rob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Mariner88
December 7, 2010, 2:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from GrimRob
ABv1 and ABv2

Version three took us to Wembley so it's hard to argue even with his final spell. Admittedly a mixed bag but he'd never have let this happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Badger57
December 7, 2010, 4:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from theicenian

Well now you've both got the story just a bit tangled.  Paddy Hamilton persuaded Luton to part with Matt in November 70 and his first game back was a 2-0 win over Scunthorpe and the crowd was up by around 2000. And obviously Bobby Kennedy was manager.Matt scored one and a certain diminutive player got the other from a penalty. The chanting for Matt that day is still something that I can clearly remember,one of those things that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Well, now I KNOW for CERTAIN I'm getting old! LOL! :>)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
barralad
December 7, 2010, 7:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Paddymariner
I thought Chris was right in that it was Cambridge.

Cambridge's first season in the league. The last game at Blundell Park before the "Second Coming" was York so a bit of a derby game. The attendance was 4052. (The game contained one of my favourite ever goals by Alan Woodward-a volley from a cross by Dave Boylen but that's another story.)

The attendance v Cambridge was 7295 and as the article says must have paid a chunk off the five grand it cost to sign him.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
SNOOZE
December 7, 2010, 7:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -18
Quoted from Badger57

Well, now I KNOW for CERTAIN I'm getting old! LOL! :>)

Thought it was ME replying

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
oldfootballer
December 7, 2010, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +21 / -2
Approval: +8
Quoted from theicenian

Well now you've both got the story just a bit tangled.  Paddy Hamilton persuaded Luton to part with Matt in November 70 and his first game back was a 2-0 win over Scunthorpe and the crowd was up by around 2000. And obviously Bobby Kennedy was manager.Matt scored one and a certain diminutive player got the other from a penalty. The chanting for Matt that day is still something that I can clearly remember,one of those things that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Let me tell you this story about Matt coming back to Grimsby.
At the time I was one off only I think off two people who played with Matt Tees in the first instance.
The other guy being Goalkeeper Harry Wainman, in Matt`s first tenure me and Harry  were only in the youth team.

Bobby Kennedy on this particuler morning called me in the office to what I thought was a general discussion over the way we were playing, then he dropped the bombshell he said to me did you know a guy called Matt Tees.

I said yes he was a brilliant player for Grimsby Town, Bobby Kennedy said to me well I have to admit that I do not now nothing about him and I am going to meet him tommorrow to sign him back for Grimsby what do you think.

I said if you can get Matt Tees to play for Grimsby once again the gates will just take off and we will score goals.

Sure enough the deal was done and the rest is history.

Matt Tees will always be a living legend in this Town, and he was so respected by all off his team mates as well.
OLDFOOTBALLER

when the ball is on the ground everybody is the same size its what you do with the ball that matters m/http/thisis.co.uk/274236/signature/gtfc-soldier-aphanfc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
Paddymariner
December 8, 2010, 8:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from oldfootballer

Let me tell you this story about Matt coming back to Grimsby.
At the time I was one off only I think off two people who played with Matt Tees in the first instance.
The other guy being Goalkeeper Harry Wainman, in Matt`s first tenure me and Harry  were only in the youth team.

Bobby Kennedy on this particuler morning called me in the office to what I thought was a general discussion over the way we were playing, then he dropped the bombshell he said to me did you know a guy called Matt Tees.

I said yes he was a brilliant player for Grimsby Town, Bobby Kennedy said to me well I have to admit that I do not now nothing about him and I am going to meet him tommorrow to sign him back for Grimsby what do you think.

I said if you can get Matt Tees to play for Grimsby once again the gates will just take off and we will score goals.AND GET A LOT OF PENALTIES
Sure enough the deal was done and the rest is history.

Matt Tees will always be a living legend in this Town, and he was so respected by all off his team mates as well.

Good news for you Dave.

OLDFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › WHO REALLY IS THE BEST GRIMSBY TOWN MANAGER EVER

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.