Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

This thread currently has 13,105 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
December 4, 2010, 8:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
Boshell for me.

And by the way, Les is way off track citing Bob Mitchell. He was outstanding in the 1980 championship team. I realise that opinions varied on him, but still, he just would not have played so often in that team if he was crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
Les Brechin
December 4, 2010, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from RonMariner
Boshell for me.

And by the way, Les is way off track citing Bob Mitchell. He was outstanding in the 1980 championship team. I realise that opinions varied on him, but still, he just would not have played so often in that team if he was crap.

It's all about opinions Ron which is what makes for a decent discussion. Although I admit nominating him for the worst was wrong really as he played at a far higher level than our teams in recent years but I just thought that at that level, he was in my opinion, the weak link in the team at that time.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 4, 2010, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

It's all about opinions Ron which is what makes for a decent discussion. Although I admit nominating him for the worst was wrong really as he played at a far higher level than our teams in recent years but I just thought that at that level, he was in my opinion, the weak link in the team at that time.

The managers didn't think so at the time Les. I bet his name was close to first on the teamsheet. Consistently good passer of the ball. Did the simple things well. Good team player. Not a hero or a star but all teams need footsoldiers.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.