Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 10 Guests

Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

This thread currently has 13,174 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
theicenian
December 3, 2010, 12:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
And Michael Reddy was never a clever footballer just had a bit of pace. Easy to stop,just stand infront of him, if you were quick enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
supertown
December 3, 2010, 12:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 53
bobby mitchell for me, im still trying to come to terms with the michael reddy nomination!. TOTW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
BIGChris
December 3, 2010, 12:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from theicenian

I somehow knew you would come up with that.   I think Stacey was never the same after his busted leg (understandable) and tended to do what players do in the circumstances,run at the side of play.

I just think that generally the holding midfield role is unglamourous and not often appreciated. The 'water carrier' if you like. This is not just at Town but football in general. Liverpool coming back from 3-0 down in the Champions League final was as much down to Hamman as anything.

Not all teams play a holding player but personally i would always play that way and think it is vital if you have a couple of attacking wide players. Gives you an insurance and licence to attack down the flanks
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 82
Denby
December 3, 2010, 8:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
dave moore
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
barralad
December 3, 2010, 8:32am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from biggles9999
Under-rated I would go for Chris.

People slated Hunt enough when he played for us, then pined for him when he left after our near miss season. I remember Coldicott getting plenty of stick for 'never going forward' or 'he only passes it 5 yards'. I would love to see somebody in our team who could break up play and pass it consistently over 5-10 yards.

There is still time to join the (now) retro James Hunt fan club. Meetings before every home game in the bus shelter outside the Imp. One of the most underrated players for Town in the last 10 years.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 82
barralad
December 3, 2010, 8:40am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
100 games is too many. Bring it down to 85 and include Andy Parkinson the archetypal headless chicken.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 82
siy2k5
December 3, 2010, 9:03am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Poojah
Danny Boshell. 99 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Boshell

Unlucky.  

Wiki only counts league games. The OP didn't specify league games only. Therefore my point still stands. So ner :p

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 82
theicenian
December 3, 2010, 9:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from barralad
100 games is too many. Bring it down to 85 and include Andy Parkinson the archetypal headless chicken.

Ooooh,Marinette will be after you.

Don't tell her but I agree with you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 82
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 3, 2010, 10:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Bobby Mitchell.

The Danny Boshell of a previous era.

Can't believe that. He wasn't my favourite player by any means but Bob Mitchell knew where and how to pass the ball and his technique was way beyond Boshell's. OK his tackling wasn't brilliant but he wasn't there to do that.

If you went back to some old timers they'd say Mike Cullen was rubbish for the same reasons. Some might even say it about Johnny Scott. There's some kind of mistrust of playmakers at Grimsby. If a midfielder doesn't tackle like Bobby C and score goals like Joe Waters then they are considered crap. It's a team game and managers fit players' different strengths together to cover individual weaknesses as well and make that team work.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
maxfox44
December 3, 2010, 10:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Quoted from barralad

He's what I call a TV player.  Only shows up when the match is on the box.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.